No announcement yet.

Win98 vs Win XP ? which one is better??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win98 vs Win XP ? which one is better??

Microsoft's latest operating system, Windows XP has been on the market now long enough for most people to decide whether or not they want to install and use it on their systems. It's easily the smoothest, prettiest and most stable OS yet from Microsoft. But is it fast? Everyone is saying it is....but we are going to show you a quick comparison today to let you know just how much faster, if any, than XP is over Windows 98 Second Edition, from a Gamer/Overclocker's perspective. Not a long article indeed, yet a view of several different benchmarking programs that will compare the two operating systems head to head.Microsoft's latest operating system, Windows XP has been on the market now long enough for most people to decide whether or not they want to install and use it on their systems. It's easily the smoothest, prettiest and most stable OS yet from Microsoft. But is it fast? Everyone is saying it is....but we are going to show you a quick comparison today to let you know just how much faster, if any, than XP is over Windows 98 Second Edition, from a Gamer/Overclocker's perspective. Not a long article indeed, yet a view of several different benchmarking programs that will compare the two operating systems head to head.

The time taken by XP to boot up is very irritating,unless you disable the default services that automatically starts up.Run--->msconfig--->services.
    And Windows xp will show a certain lag in 128MB RAM which a normal pc have. It needs 256 Mb and above for smooth running.

Comment

I will prefer Windows XP.....Hardware cost is not that much .... XP is really a good O/S for personal PC
      Making a million friends is not a miracle, the miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when a million are against you..

Comment

The upcoming version of the Windows Vista operating system(codenamed longhorn)
        requires minimum of 512 MB RAM. I cant understand why so much memory requirements for a normal PC user. Why cant the microsoft keep its windows OS simple??God knows..
        Provided hardware cost is not so much...so does Microsoft want everybody to use their money to buy this hardware stuffs just because it is cheap. Still,microsoft had done a good job in making a user friendly OS in XP.n sure..its a really good O/S for personal PC,if we have the minimum hardware configuration.

Comment

xp is best my god longhorn needs 512 ram

Comment

In my office now .most of PC use XP .it is easy for most of people in the office. because they are use Windows xp at home. I don't use the 98 for most than 2 years.

hehe I come from China. Welcome to China.My friend.

Comment

Vista builts

ht*p://origin2.download.microsoft.com/download/9/E/9/9E94A845-8341-4B48-B6C3-DB89D738CF0E/FebCTP_5308_32bit_Main_Staged_DVD.iso
              ht*p://download.microsoft.com/download/9/E/9/9E94A845-8341-4B48-B6C3-DB89D738CF0E/FebCTP_5308_32bit_Main_Staged_DVD.iso

There is no public release of the Windows Vista presently. The beta versions are unstable. The links point to microsoft vista beta download sites. I havnt tried vista nor am i interested. They may require aunthentification keys,dont know.

Last edited by alpha; 04-20-2006, 07:50 AM.

Comment

sure is win xp

Comment

sure is window xp .......user frinedly

always best choice

Comment

xp is better
                    http://i48.tinypic.com/15cem8j.jpg

Comment

xp is better for its programes but takes a lot of time to boot it.
                      miqsh
                      EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING

Comment

Working...
                      X