No announcement yet.

The war between China and India in 1962

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When finally mao made the dicision to take a war with india,he told the general who was in charge of this war:This war should win our peace at least for 20 years.It is true ,we've already had peace for two times of 20 years.
    Infact china-india war was not just one single battle,there were few small conflicts before it.After the conflicts, we all came back to the negociaion table,but we all knew that the negociation is just a excuse for preparation of next biger conflicts.China an US all got this experience during korean war.But,by that time ,indian side was different.Ur PM was a great man,I respect hime so much,but I must say,he was not a great politician.He made a lot wrong dicisions by that time.I got this information from ur indian article.
    Last edited by chinesemilitaryfan; 12-08-2006, 08:28 AM.

Comment

First,he believed in negociation(talk),but words is cheap,so far there are still many indians pay attention to talk( My indian colleagues keep talking everyday,it is so annoying,but they don't like to take action,)this is the worst shortcoimng of indian.our chiness also have shortage,but let's stick to the war.
      Last edited by chinesemilitaryfan; 12-08-2006, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Sometimes words work but sometime words don't work.That is why US sent troops to so many countries now.By that time ,it was very obviouse that talk can not settle the issue down,plus the reason from our china inside.So both sides starts to prepare for the war.But ur PM made another mistake:He illly(recited from indian artical) prepared the war.He overestimated his troops which never expericensed real big war in the past and underestimated chinese troops which was established from various wars.
        Last edited by chinesemilitaryfan; 12-08-2006, 09:36 PM.

Comment

"Back stabber" is a term used to our chinese,but I can tell u it is just an excuse of your incapable military leader.I know so far the goverment documents about that war is still not open to people in india.Sooner or later, u indian will have chance to have a view of those documents,then you will realise ur goverment found so many excuses for the defeating of that war.I can't say india is a democratic country on this point.
          Last edited by chinesemilitaryfan; 12-08-2006, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Some people say that china used much more troops than india did.It is not ture,General Kaul(I don't know how to call his rank in english and how to call the troop unit he was leading in english,anyway,it is a big troop) was captured, but we were not able to capture another general whose rank is higher than Kaul's due to some funny reason.That why one of our officer was punished after the war because it is him who let that higher rank general fleet.From this case u can see that india sent big troops for this war otherwise there wouldn't be several indian generals.The key of the winning is from the experiences which gained from many wars we took before,and also we can get all the experiences approved by our Sun Twu's theories which were established thousants years ago.
            Last edited by chinesemilitaryfan; 12-08-2006, 09:39 PM.

Comment

From this war,we can tell,In this world,nothing is free,experienced people defeated unexperienced people,it is fair.Because chinese people shed blood to gain the experience in the previouse wars,indian people didn't.As far as tactics of this war are concerned,I really pity my poor english,so I cann't put is to u guys too much,but from some articles about this war writen by US people,I can tell we used the same tactics which were used in korean war with US troops,it was very effective.That means chinese troops treated indian troops like US troops(As far as force's strengh is concerned,although later on chinese found indian were much weaker than US).That means we never underestimated our enemy in battle field,but indian did.
              Last edited by chinesemilitaryfan; 12-08-2006, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Another key point is weapon.By that time ,chinese troops were already equiped with 56 type auto rifle(I don't know the english name for it,it is the copy of famouse AK-47),and the 56 family includes a complete series,machine gun and so on. It was the top weapon on that time.But look at indian troops,they were still equiped with various aged weapons from WWI to WWII,indians weapons at that time were like a weapons expo of the world.I got this from the returned weapons' list(in this list ,you can see weapons form many countries) of china after the war.We not only returned all the weapons we got also returned 5000 indian captured soliders(Nowadays,indian still has the world's weapon expo problem).
                Auto rifle fighting manual rifle which needed to be loaded bullet after every shot,it was not a match.That is why there was a story in the war,few PLA soilders can block hundrades retreating indian soilders.
                From this point ,we can tell how important that big country should has its own independent military industry. In this point ,we must thank the former SU(russia),they really helped us alot in building the complete military industry system.Although later on we broke up with SU,we still need to speak good of this point. Is the break-up a good thing or bad thing?I would say it is a good thing.It is a lesson to chinese,it tought chinese:In this world, there is nothing can really rely on except yourself,no friends can be forever ,only interest can be forever. So chinese start to produce every weapon by themself,now from R&D to mass production, we can make jet fighter(J10) tank (99)warship(171&172) manned spaceship(shenzhou 5,6) and so on.On the other hand I would say,the exteme logic of mao generation was also quite strange,by that time,as communist country we were already quite isolated,but mao even isolated ourself more,he considered every other country as enemy,because of this,we lost a lot of chances to make friends with those countries.It is not good.Nowadays,there are still some exteme chinese(old people,have been washheaded forever) saying:that showed people that mao is a real great man with real back bone,but I don't agree.In my mind it showed us mao's ignorance.
                Look at indian side,they went to another extremeside.AS a so-called democratic country ,they never made enemy of other countries(except pakistan and china of 1962,US was not friendly to india,but at least not like china,china fought with US for several times,india didn't),so they can get many weapons from the world.But what happened now?India still doesn't have a complete military industry line,LCA and Ajun tank are the jokes of the world.Some indian don't agree,they say:we are using every latest technology in our jet and tank so we take longer timer to integrate them.But I can tell you,integration of all new technologies is not simple task,without the complete capability from R&D to production , good integration is impossible.
                Last edited by chinesemilitaryfan; 12-08-2006, 09:49 PM.

Comment

It seems we jumped away from the war,ok I go back .India did have some good weapons by that time as well,but not massly equiped.M16 aslo came up in that war,which was also the best gun by that time.But unfortunately,most of M16 got no chance to be used by indian soldiers.US sent M16 to support indian,as soon as M16 arrived at the battlefield,it became captured by chinese soldier.SU also sent MIG helicopter which was also the lastest model to help indian,MIG choper( General Kaul just seating inside) also became captured by chinese.UK people didn't support indian by heart,they also did send weapons to support india,but those weapons were produced for WWII,already out-of-date,UK dumped the trash of WWII to india by that chance.
                  Last edited by chinesemilitaryfan; 12-08-2006, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Another key point is soldier.Chinese soldier were educated by communist party,you call it headwashed.I agree,communist party was really the master of washing head.The party can make the soldiers crazy for war.During that time,in china,every people was starving(including Mao) ,only army can have enough food supply.Plus,our east asia countries have the tradition to devote our lifes to our country(japan,china and korean).So in the war,chinese soldisers performed extemely bravely.But indian people don't have all these points.They had never been educated by communist party,they don't have the tradition of devoting lifes and they concerned their lifes,they even didn't have the ideas of what is real big war so they surrundered very fast.
                    By that time ,whole china was suffering from povertry,there were very few things in our life worth treasuring,so death was nothig.But now I really doubt the braveness of PLA,chinese people changed as well as PLA.Can PLA be as strong as before?

Comment

Finally,even now insidechina,there are still many scholars are studying the reason that mao retreated the troops after the victory.There are many sayings but all not convincing.Anyway,mao regained his power inside china by this war ,it is very clear.

Comment

Any idea do your guys have?Share it with me.But,pls,don't bring up the dispute of the territory,it is useless.You have your reasons to claim the land I have my reasons to claimthe land as well.So leave this task to our politician.
                        In this thread,we only talk about the war and how to win a war and how to be a real power in the world.In fact,I hate war.War means blood,death,broken family,many destroies.My grandpa used to be military officer of Mao's troops during WWII and officer of PLA.He is still alive and told me many saddening stories of the wars.I really don't want those stories happened again.

Comment

what do you want to talk about? Will there be another war between India and China? No, i don't think so. Will the boundary dispute be solved. Yes. India will keep Arunachal pradesh, china will keep aksai chin.
                          Whats the future. China will develop 10 may be 15 years earlier than China. By 2030 the world would be more uniform. US, europe, japan, china , india and lot of others developed countries. if any one country tries to oppress a weaker neighbour, UN would intervene fast.
                          I 'll show u a new world!

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                            what do you want to talk about? Will there be another war between India and China? No, i don't think so. Will the boundary dispute be solved. Yes. India will keep Arunachal pradesh, china will keep aksai chin.
                            I share your pragmatic assessment. That will be one of the workable solutions, although it may face strong opposition from extremist patriots in both countries. So be prepared for some political turbulence at home, whatever the outcome of the border negotiation between India and China.
                            Last edited by Agra; 12-10-2006, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agra
                              I share your pragmatic assessment. That will be one of the workable solutions, although it may face strong opposition from extremist patriots in both countries. So be prepared for some political turbulence at home, whatever the outcome of the border negotiation between India and China.
                              thats the practical solution and business will favor it. on the recent visit of Hu jintao the countries agreed to double the trade. i forsee this as only growing. Obviously with all the countries investing in both India and China, they would look forward to their investments being in sync. As in example the software mulinational SAP has development centers in both India and China. It will be beneficial for SAP ( a german firm) if developers in India and China could collaborate.
                              I 'll show u a new world!

Comment

There is much to gain from cooperation.
                                I am a gadget fun. Can you recommend an Indian-run forum devoted to Palm? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X