BJP leader Giriraj Singh arrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BJP leader Giriraj Singh arrest

According to court order, a joint team of Bihar and Jharkhand police raided the house of Bihar BJP leader Giriraj Singh. Police raided the house of Bihar BJP leader to arrest him for his alleged hate statements but could not find him. A team of Bokaro police and Patna police raided Giriraj Singh's house around 5 AM in the morning to arrest him on the direction of a Bokaro court, which had issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against him but Singh was not found in the house.

On Wednesday, the former Bihar minister said that he was not hiding and that the police could arrest him if they want to. He also said that his comment regarding BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's baiters had been misconstrued. Singh had also told a news agency, “I am not hiding. If the police wants it can arrest me. I will surrender in court tomorrow.”

Efforts to contact Singh have failed. His cellphone was found switched off and his landline was not operational. When a group of mediapersons reached Singh's home and asked his kin about his whereabouts, they said he was in the city but refused to divulge the location.

BJP leader Giriraj Singh today got some relief as a Patna court granted him anticipatory bail for his alleged hate speeches during election campaign.Patna District and Sessions Judge Birendra Kumar granted bail to Singh in the context of an FIR lodged at Patna airport police station on April 21 under provisions of the Representation of Peoples Act, 1950 and Indian Penal Code.
    I Love this Forum

Comment

Working...
    X