Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relationship between Buddhism and Politics in India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relationship between Buddhism and Politics in India?

Firstly I would like to wish you all a happy new year!

I need to find a modern example of the relationship between Buddhism and politics in India.

I am aware that the Dalai Lama was exiled from Tibet, and recently Hindus have been converting to Buddhism, but what significance have these had in India politically?

I would greatly appreciate any help or new suggestions for me to further look into.

Originally posted by rose
    Firstly I would like to wish you all a happy new year!

I need to find a modern example of the relationship between Buddhism and politics in India.

I am aware that the Dalai Lama was exiled from Tibet, and recently Hindus have been converting to Buddhism, but what significance have these had in India politically?

I would greatly appreciate any help or new suggestions for me to further look into.
    buddhists are too small a fraction to have any political influence in india rose.
    the conversions u are talking about are staged shows where few 1000 dalits embrace buddhism. this is much less than the dalits that convert to christianity.

if ever any religion will have a say in politics it will be christianity not buddhism.
    I 'll show u a new world!

Comment

Working...
    X