Indian rebellion of 1857

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian rebellion of 1857

What happened? How was Indian life prior to the incident? Do you believe that a lot of Indians are currently unaware of this historical event?

Prior to that incident Indians were being supressed and enslaved by Britishers. They were treated badly, so as we were fed up with their attitude, we revolted. Also they hurt the muslims and hindu sentiments which was the major cause of the rebellion.

Comment

Although the rebellian was essentially an revolt against British rulers. But It can not be said with a definite sense that it was the revolt by common people. Although there was some public participation, but not on the large scale. Perhaps it was revolt by the kings or queens whose regime has been engulfed by the british.

The term Indian nationalism was certainly missing then, which was given a new voice by the Dadabhai Naroji much later.

But it can be certainly said that after this revolt the british could not subject Indians to the brutality which was heaped by them on natives of Africa and America, who were treated so brutally.
      Don’t worry, Be happy

Comment

Only 149 years had passed by, the british and europeans are almost unaware of it except for the scholars, one scholar or a teacher who came from "France" in any case told me and the rest of the class to forget about the british's and europeans once I brang up the subject another acquintance from France said the same thing when I spoke about it.

Comment

Working...
        X