Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

India struggles to catch China (BBC news)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agra
    Neo is quite a gentleman.

You like to accuse China of annaxaton of Tibet while conveniently forgetting India's annaxation of Sikhim and de facto annaxation of Kashimir. Isn't that cheeky double standard?
    yeah? but we don't have people running out and seeking asylum in other countries fearing the government of india. if tibet is such a nice place to live in for the tibetans why is the dalai lama in exile? as far as i know he is a religious leader.

i was only reacting to someone's comments on india. trust me i have nothing against china or its development. i would be more than happy to see china a developed country. what i don't understand is the attitude of some chinese on this forum who think that china should be the only developed country in south asia. they still believe in the unipolar world theory when the rest of the world has moved over to the multipolar scene.
    I 'll show u a new world!

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
      yeah? but we don't have people running out and seeking asylum in other countries fearing the government of india. if tibet is such a nice place to live in for the tibetans why is the dalai lama in exile? as far as i know he is a religious leader.

i was only reacting to someone's comments on india. trust me i have nothing against china or its development. i would be more than happy to see china a developed country. what i don't understand is the attitude of some chinese on this forum who think that china should be the only developed country in south asia. they still believe in the unipolar world theory when the rest of the world has moved over to the multipolar scene.
      How do you explain the fact then that foreign tourists are flooding to Tibet while the border regions occupied by India e.g. Sikhim, are a forbidden land for foreign tourists?

It is studip to believe that China should be the only developed country in south Asia which has traditionally be a the sphere of influence of India. I do not think China has any interest in challenging India hegemony in that part of the world.

Comment

How do you explain the fact then that foreign tourists are flooding to Tibet while the border regions occupied by India e.g. Sikhim, are a forbidden land for foreign tourists?

It is studip to believe that China should be the only developed country in south Asia which has traditionally be a the sphere of influence of India. I do not think China has any interest in challenging India hegemony in that part of the world.
        is that the reason why tibetans are fleeing tibet? how do u explain the recent footage of chinese soldiers shooting dead 2 tibetans out of a group of 72 trying to cross over to india, where they come to learn about their culture. and no its not indian propaganda, these killings where shot by a romanian tv crew and if u want i can send u footage of the same.

lets admit it. china's policy or india's policy is too big for small time guys like us to understand so lets not make wild guesses. i am not talking about what is the intention of hu jintao is. i am talking about the attitude of common chinese who have not an iota of influence in china's foreign policy talking as if they frame the policies. and these chinese have an attitude problem because they sound to me like overzealous. in every thing they say they sound like rooting for a super power china in the future like usa is today. sadly for them, they are mistaken. thats what i meant by a multipolar world.

Comment

The 16,000 taxi and 7,000 buses in Guangzhou already use LPG. So far as I know, Guangzhou is the currently the city has largest number of LGP buses in the world. I don't even need to mention the moderm metro system in Guangzhou.

Besides, other chinese Cities like Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen are also head to this way. I don't think using LPG is a big archivement, kind of normal stuff.
          One thing India did well was the mandatory use of LPG for all city buses and taxis in New Delhi, a major step to lower CO2 emmission. China needs to learn it from India.
          Last edited by googleabcd; 12-18-2006, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
            is that the reason why tibetans are fleeing tibet? how do u explain the recent footage of chinese soldiers shooting dead 2 tibetans out of a group of 72 trying to cross over to india, where they come to learn about their culture. and no its not indian propaganda, these killings where shot by a romanian tv crew and if u want i can send u footage of the same.
            NEO: You can have a try to cross the border line between india and your neighbour country without a permit.I am sure you will also be shot probaboly also without alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by chinesemilitaryfan
              NEO: You can have a try to cross the border line between india and your neighbour country without a permit.I am sure you will also be shot probaboly also without alarm.
              question is why will someone cross the boundry without permit ? do u give permit to tibetans ?

Comment

Neo: Don't get mad.I think the people who are going to india needs a visa issued from india side,not china.Even people with visa also need to go through coustom office(or check point) ,not just madly cross the boderline.You are abroad,you know this.
                So it is not chinese goverment to give them permit.
                I don't think indian goverment can give them visa.Inida almost set all the boder region adjacent to china side as forbiden area.Even torisum visa( The lowest class) can not be issued.So now the people(Chinese,forein visiters) in tibet can only visit neplle.
                For chinese people,It is impossible to enter india from tibet legally.Also,maybe you dn't know how hard for chinese to apply a indian visa from your Peijing ambbasy.I dn't know why.It is very easy for indian people to get chinese visa.I saw many indian people in my city.Exspecially,a lot indian students are studying in my city.
                Last edited by chinesemilitaryfan; 12-21-2006, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Neo: Don't get mad.I think the people who are going to india needs a visa issued from india side,not china.Even people with visa also need to go through coustom office(or check point) ,not just madly cross the boderline.You are abroad,you know this.
                  So it is not chinese goverment to give them permit.
                  I don't think indian goverment can give them visa.Inida almost set all the boder region adjacent to china side as forbiden area.Even torisum visa( The lowest class) can not be issued.So now the people(Chinese,forein visiters) in tibet can only visit neplle.
                  For chinese people,It is impossible to enter india from tibet legally.Also,maybe you dn't know how hard for chinese to apply a indian visa from your Peijing ambbasy.I dn't know why.It is very easy for indian people to get chinese visa.I saw many indian people in my city.Exspecially,a lot indian students are studying in my city.
                  my friend,u missed the point completely here. we are not discussing visa process we are discussing freedom. if tibetans had religious freedom in tibet, they would not attempt to cross the border. right?
                  nor would there be tibetan refugees trying to flee china. correct?
                  i read that tibetans come to india to study and go back to tibet. obviously these are poor people who can't afford a flight, paper work and proof of sustenance while being in india.
                  i would understand if china attempted to restrain outsiders crossing over into chinese territory but to shoot people leaving china that too civilians just going to study is a shame. what is china scared of? these people will not come back or that they will bring new ideas with them?
                  whats sad is that you are justifying these killings. even nationalism should have limits my friend.

Comment

Neo: There are many reasons for a people to cross a broder line illegally.Not only freedom of religion.You ..you..,I don't know how to treat you on your extreme ideas.
                    It is your ligic: Border line is only used to restrain entering not used to restrain exiting?In my understanding,border line is a invisible wall it should restrain both. I don't justify killings,but if I am facing someone who possibly hide a gun under his cloth,what I will do?Tibetian extremer do have guns.Pls, don't mention your reason again"China occupied tibet, so tibetian people rebell".Even your indian goverment has officially announced 10 years ago that tibet is one part of china,so pls, stop this argument. The Tibetian extremers are just like the terrorists in your country. You have so many policeman armed with AK-47 patrolling in your capital(it looks very horrible), You have so many pillboxs protected with sandbags in your capital(also horrible). What these for?The same purposes that the chinese solders are doing on the borderline.
                    Last,poor people who can't afford a flight, paper work and proof of sustenance also can't cross the borderline illegally.In your logic, the customs office(or check points) is only set for the educated people who are not poor?Funny.Maybe in india ,the poor people have the right to cross the borderline illegally,but in china,poor people don't have this right.
                    But in the border areas between china and Vienam , laos , russia , N.K , mogolia,people sometime can cross the borderline without disturbance.Because,all these countries don't have forbiden areas toward china.So the regulation is not so strick.
                    By the way,I don't undrstand why india forbid the areas towards china? It sounds like indian goverment is still holding some cold war concepts.It should not be done by a so-called democratic country.
                    Last edited by chinesemilitaryfan; 12-22-2006, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Neo: There are many reasons for a people to cross a broder line illegally.Not only freedom of religion.You ..you..,I don't know how to treat you on your extreme ideas.
                      It is your ligic: Border line is only used to restrain entering not used to restrain exiting?In my understanding,border line is a invisible wall it should restrain both. I don't justify killings,but if I am facing someone who possibly hide a gun under his cloth,what I will do?Tibetian extremer do have guns.Pls, don't mention your reason again"China occupied tibet, so tibetian people rebell".Even your indian goverment has officially announced 10 years ago that tibet is one part of china,so pls, stop this argument. The Tibetian extremers are just like the terrorists in your country. You have so many policeman armed with AK-47 patrolling in your capital(it looks very horrible), You have so many pillboxs protected with sandbags in your capital(also horrible). What these for?The same purposes that the chinese solders are doing on the borderline.
                      Last,poor people who can't afford a flight, paper work and proof of sustenance also can't cross the borderline illegally.In your logic, the customs office(or check points) is only set for the educated people who are not poor?Funny.Maybe in india ,the poor people have the right to cross the borderline illegally,but in china,poor people don't have this right.
                      But in the border areas between china and Vienam , laos , russia , N.K , mogolia,people sometime can cross the borderline without disturbance.Because,all these countries don't have forbiden areas toward china.So the regulation is not so strick.
                      By the way,I don't undrstand why india forbid the areas towards china? It sounds like indian goverment is still holding some cold war concepts.It should not be done by a so-called democratic country.
                      yes ur fighting tibetan insurgency which the whole world knows ..lol..give me a break man....india recognised tibet as part of china because that was a political step. india also recognised israel after many years. that doesn't mean india doesn't support the cause of palestine.
                      tibetans are monks. buddhists. non violent people. if they took up guns to defend their home i don't blame them. what similarity china has with tibet that it captured tibet? language, culture, what??

if u think soldiers defending the capital is a horrible sight u ll see this horrible sight even in nyc...the world is at war against islamic fundamentalists.
                      its nothing to be ashamed of.

if u think i have extreme ideas read my views on the asian games thread and u will know why i have such ideas. i feel chinese have a complex. the day i ll believe this is not true i ll change my ideas.

Comment

ok,I hope the day will come soon.
                        I suggest you learn some chinese first,then you can visit the chinese website and check out what they are talking and what they can talk,then you will have a complete picture about current china and new knowledge about the so-called communist country(the communist in china is really diffrent from other communist).
                        Yes,china has some short-comings,but,pls don't always link these short-coming with communist.The world is complicated,not just one link can solve.Just like I can not link every short-coming of india with the democratic.
                        There is no absolute thing in the world including the concepte of communist and democratic.Everything is changing so fast including the definition of everthing.

Comment

similarity china has with tibet that it captured tibet? language, culture, what??
                          Ok,I can ask you the same question, india has so many languages why it is not divided to so many countries. You may teach indian history again,then I will teach you chinese histrory,then the endless again.So,pls,stop this argue.Since,india is so close to tibet,I wellcome you to visit tibet(it is open to all the people worldwide),then you will have a good view of everything also you will have a glance about what is happening in the other parts of china.I am sure you will be suprised.
                          "This is definitly not what I was expecting" is used very frequently by indian people when they arrive china.

Comment

similarity china has with tibet that it captured tibet? language, culture, what??
                            Ok,I can ask you the same question, india has so many languages why it is not divided to so many countries. You may teach indian history again,then I will teach you chinese histrory,then the endless again.So,pls,stop this argue.Since,india is so close to tibet,I wellcome you to visit tibet(it is open to all the people worldwide),then you will have a good view of everything also you will have a glance about what is happening in the other parts of china.I am sure you will be suprised.
                            "This is definitly not what I was expecting" is used very frequently by indian people when they arrive china.
                            i have not visited china but i know what is it like. i appreciate the way chinese cities are developing. thats good. in fact if any one can find one place where i have said that china is not making progress economically i will admit i was wrong. what i don't like about chinese attitude is that they refuse to accept that others are also making progress.
                            if u want me to impress by visiting china,i invite you to visit bangalore or hyderabad. u will not see skyscrapers because we don't need them but you will see all the MNCs u ever heard of lining the technology parks and some having huge campuses. if u visit ISRO you will see the kind of R&D facility they have there. people tend to forget that economic sanctions after the nuclear tests in 1995 din't cripple indian economy like it has done to north korea for example.
                            we have a good mixed economy. the problem is equitable distribution of resources among the people. since india is a democracy, this distribution will be gradual and based on merit unlike in communism.
                            if the chinese on these forums keep raking up issues like beggars on street and tall claims about china's prowess while ignoring india, why do they expect indians to only see the bright side?
                            i have not seen one chinese post acknowledging india's space program, nuclear program or 100% literacy in the state of kerela. summarily rejection of india's development as a marketing propaganda.
                            do some introspection and you will understand what i mean. as i said if china is so advanced it should compare itself with japan not india. i don't think u will ever find an indian comparing india to china. no one will ever claim india is ahead of china coz we are not but we are not 100 years behind you as you want to believe. may be 20, not any more.
                            till you understand that, don't try to impress me with the skyline of shanghai. i find plenty of areas where china has decades of improvements needed.
                            matter of fact is india doesn't aspire to be china or even the USA, we have our own way of life and we will not substitute it by copying others.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                              do some introspection and you will understand what i mean. as i said if china is so advanced it should compare itself with japan not india.
                              You will be disappointed if you visit Chinese forums since Chinese there are comparing China to U.S.A.

Some of them don't even give a fxxx to Jap. As all we know, Japan's economic highly depends on export, as long as we take Taiwan back, everything is done.

don't try to impress me with the skyline of shanghai. i find plenty of areas where china has decades of improvements needed.
                              China already has hundreds of modern cities. In fact, some of them are even better than Shanghai in terms of life quality. For example, Guangzhou, Shenzhen.

As I mentioned, here are some plans of tens of chinese cities. They are planned, approved, and will be finished in the next five years. Some of these buildings and infrastructure have been done.

Beijing

Shanghai

Guangzhou

Shenzhen

Comment

ChongQing

SuZhou

WuHan

NingBo

Comment

Working...
                                X