Mumbai molestation victim's recount horror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mumbai molestation victim's recount horror

MUMBAI:- Recounting the tale of horror, one of the victims of the New Year Day molestation case here described how the hooligans pinched and groped her, while the woman's husband narrated how he felt when around 50 people were trying to get at his wife and cousin.

In an interview to a city tabloid, she said, "I just want to get over the horror. I want to stop seeing my face on TV. When we came out of the hotel (early) on January 1, I did not sense any trouble. But when we were walking, the crowd just kept getting closer."

"They touched my butt and pinched me. They also began grabbing my cousin sister-in-law. People just watched as my husband tried to protect me," she said...Read...
    Jennifer

Well it seems that this type of incident not only happened in Mumbai but also at Pune.A non-resident Indian woman was physically assaulted by a group of men at a New Year’s bash in a Pune club.
    The UK-based woman, who used to work as a lawyer in Pune before moving abroad, said she was hit on the forehead with a chair when “five-six” people brawled with her and others in her group inside the club in Baner.

“Initially, a mob of heavily built five-six persons got into a brawl with our group upon our confronting them for taking our pictures,” she said. “They also hurled a beer bottle at us.”
    The woman, who was receiving out-patient treatment at the Medi-Point hospital in Aundh, and her husband, Krishnan Lalla, had come to Pune on vacation and were at the club with friends.

Lalla’s friend Vikas Bharadwaj, who was also with them at the celebrations, was also injured.

“A heavily built guy came and hit me from the back,” he said.

It seems that the people of the society are loosing their morals and self control.
    IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
    IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Comment

14 arrested in Mumbai molestation case

MUMBAI:- Fourteen persons, one of whom surrendered, were arrested on Thursday for their alleged involvement in the shocking incident of molestation of two women on New Year day outside a five star hotel in a north-west suburb here, a senior police official said.

All the 14 are adults and in the case of four of them, it was "verified" on the basis of the photographs clicked of the incident that they were among those who molested the women, Joint Commissioner of Police (Law and Order) K L Prasad told reporters in a briefing here.

"The four of them clearly were there. The rest were also there but claim that they did not molest the women," Prasad said, adding the rest had been booked for unlawful assembly...Read...
      Jennifer

Comment

14 get bail, but main accused still on the run

Mumbai: Forty-eight hours after a complaint was registered in the molestation case that shamed Mumbai on New Year's day, the Mumbai Police claims to have cracked the case.

Fourteen people from across the city were detained on Thursday evening and produced in court on Friday.

Though they were remanded to judicial custody till January 19 on Friday morning, all of them have been given bail on a surety of Rs 10,000 each.

The first breakthrough in the case came when two of the accused — Ravi Shukla and Nilesh — surrendered at the Juhu Police Station. This led to a chain of arrests across the metropolis...Read...
        Jennifer

Comment

Working...
        X