23 Years Old Indian Soldier Quits Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23 Years Old Indian Soldier Quits Army

23 years old Indian soldier quits army to get admission in his dream University.
    Indian soldier applied for a premature retirement at the age of 23, after being selected for a Master's in Physics at a foreign University.

Atul Kumar, a Grenadier in the Indian Army, had been nursing for long his desire to go for higher studies abroad and when he was selected for a Masters's course in Physics in an Italian university, he did not think twice before quitting the honorable government job for it.

The 23-year-old son of a mechanic applied for premature retirement and the Army was quite generous in expediting his request so that he can join the course in January next year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	atul_kumar-770x433.png?0hhneuzAW38HZVusSkJQ3HEDCrlg.cfQ.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	140363

Atul Kumar, who was posted in Kargil, has been selected for a two-year MS course in subject Particle and Astro-Particle Physics at the Sapienza University in Italy. He has also won an Italian government scholarship meant for international students in order to fund his education abroad.

A resident of Bohor village in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh, Atul Kumar once had to drop out of college in 2015 to join the Army for a living. However, he later completed the degree course in Physics from Himachal University.

Atul Kumar told IANS on Tuesday that he always dreamt of pursuing higher education abroad.

"I lost a year in academics for training after I qualified for a job in the Army. But finally, I completed my graduation after a delay of one year," he recalled.

"I will be following up my MS degree with a doctorate in the subject," Kumar said.

He expressed gratitude to the Army for expediting his premature retirement request just within a period of 20 days.
    He is now awaiting his visa clearance as he is scheduled to travel to Italy by the end of December this year.

Working...
X