Premier Hockey League in Chandigarh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Hockey League in Chandigarh

Over 6000 crowd braved the winter chill to watch local favourites Chandigarh Dynamos edge out former champions Hyderabad Sultans by a Sandeep Singh goal in the opening match of the Premier Hockey League in Chandigarh today.
    The game began on a fast pace but both the teams were cautious in the first quarter and with the coaches depending on the trusted players there were not many substitutions. The teams had an equal share of exchanges and ball possession.In the second quarter, Chandigarh Dynamos went ahead with Sandeep Singh converting a penalty stroke and that turned out to be the match-winner.
    IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
    IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

PHL 2007, played in two phases in Chennai and Chandigarh saw participation of seven teams -- Orissa Steelers, Sher-e-Jalandhar, Bangalore Lions, Hyderabad Sultans, Maratha Warriors, Chandigarh Dynamos and Chennai Veerans. Orissa Steelers won the title in 2007. Sher-e-Jalandhar was the runners up.

The prize money for the winners in 2007 edition was Rs 4 million.
    IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
    IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Comment

Hockey is India's national game. We really need to popularise it and take it to the heights of Cricket. Our scools, colleges and universities need to act constructively and support this game by creating an interest in the youth and encouraging them to form teams. Every nation has sustained it's own sport even against a massively popular Cricket. Australia has Rugby along side Cricket and Football, the USA has Basketball and Baseball, the UK has Football as popular as Cricket. So why can't we raise Hockey alongside Cricket ?

Comment

Working...
      X