Indian team in tri-series at Malaysia 20th sep 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian team in tri-series at Malaysia 20th sep 2006

Chappell is set to go to Australia from Malaysia and will rejoin the team on October 6," Board of Control for Cricket in India's secretary Niranjan Shah informed on Monday.

Sourav Ganguly was once again ignored by the national selectors, as the former Indian captain was left out of the 14-member Champions Trophy squad despite naming him among the probables.

After seeing the performance of Indian in tri-series at Malaysia, I can say This 15-member squad is not good enough to win worldcup….

Sep 20 2006 India V/s West Indies

Indian batting score card …..

*R Dravid c Baugh b Smith 0
    S Tendulkar run out (Samuels) 65
    V Sehwag b Smith 1
    S Raina c Gayle b Smith 11
    Yuvraj Singh c Baugh b Smith 0
    M Dhoni b Collymore 18
    A Agarkar b Bravo 4
    Harbhajan Singh c Baugh b Gayle 37
    RP Singh b Gayle 2
    S Sreesanth run out (Samuels) 0
    M Patel not out 2

Extras: 22 ( b:0 lb:3 nb:3 w:16)
    Total: 162-10 (39.3) | Curr. RR: 4.10

West Indies bowling

D Smith 4/31
    C Gayle 2/13
    C Collymore 1/41
    D Bravo 1/16

West Indies Batting score Card

S Chanderpaul c Sehwag b Patel 21
    R Morton c Dhoni b Sreesanth 26

R Sarwan c Dhoni b Patel 2
    W Hinds c and b Harbhajan Singh 8
    M Samuels lbw b Agarkar 5
    C Gayle lbw b RP Singh 1
    D Smith lbw b Agarkar 12
    D Bravo st Dhoni b Harbhajan Singh 10
    *B Lara not out 40
    C Baugh c Dravid b Harbhajan Singh 6
    C Collymore lbw b Sreesanth 0

Extras: 14 ( b:0 lb:6 nb:2 w:6)
    Total: 146-10 (41) | Curr. RR: 3.56

India Bowling

A Agarkar 2/22
    M Patel 2/31
    S Sreesanth 2/25
    RP Singh 1/27
    Harbhajan Singh 3/35

Seeing this performance by Indian I can’t say India will win world cup.

Thank GOD India had won this match… I will give credit to Lara’s captainship for this win of India. He took things (score of 162) very lightly, he came at very low down the order to bat at 9th place i.e. at seven down.

Earlier in match,D Smith Part time bowler dismissed Rahul Dravid in the first over and then picked up the wickets of Virender Sehwag (1), Suresh Raina (11) and Yuvraj Singh (0) to leave India paralysed. … If part time bowler can do damage to Indian so call top class batsman then I don’t think we deserve world cup.

Solid support from Harbhajan and a half-century partnership under the belt saw Tendulkar enter the zone where he looks virtually unbeatable; caution giving way to flair as he manufactures runs off perfectly good balls, employs the pre-attempted cute sweep shots and caresses the gaps.

India had recovered from 78-6 to 156-6, when Harbhajan fell to Chris Gayle, for 37.

In Match against Australia this top class batsman were down, their rain had save a match for India other wise Indian would have all out within 60 run.

Captainship of Dravid is not good and the way batting order for few batsmen have been changes show that chapel and his boys are still experimenting. Well now honey moon period is over now no one left to increase the bench strength Other than the last guy who was humiliated by BCCI.

Mistake that Dravid is doing from last 8 one-day match

[1] Opening the Inning though we have Tendulkar and Sehwag
    [2] Showing lack of confidence in Irfan Pathan Bowling and showing more confidence in his batting.
    [3] Worlds one of the best hard hitter Dhoni is left alone down the order with such tail Enders who doesn’t know how to hold bat.
    [4] Dravid should come at number 5 or 4 that means at 3 or 2 down which can strengthen the batting order.
    [5] Playing with 5 bowlers in one-day matches. Even Dravid knows one-day matches are mostly dominated by batsman only. How he can play with 5 bowlers?
    [6]
    Making so much flexibility in Indian batting order that batsman had forgotten their basic role.
    [7] Creating Insecurity in minds of all players about their position.
    [8] Dinesh Mongia was spectator in this whole series up till now.
    [9] Kaif was left out in pervious 2 matches without any reason.
    [10] Pathan always coming at one-down is predictable and he cannot be trusted ever now and than he can score once in a blue moon.

It was nice to see Sachin Tendulkar back in touch, but now his foot are not moving properly, he is some what slow in moving his feet towards ball specially out side the off stump, the way he got out against Australia is due to that only And in this series he is been beaten outside the off stump several time. These things can be rectified easily. But he proved his metal by scoring. He is still one of the great batsman. I Hope he will continue to play like this only and even much better.

Suggestion to Dravid…

All batsmen should play around Sachin, Sehwag and Dhoni, this player are good they should get enough ball to bat. At the same time Dravid can fit himself in a sheet anchor role.

Below should be the batting order as per me… considering this team which is in Malaysia.
    [1] Sachin
    [2] Sehwag.
    [3] Mongia
    [4] Dravid
    [5] Yuraj
    [6] Dhoni
    [7] Raina/kaif
    [8] Irafan
    [9] Ajit agarkar
    [10] Harbhajan
    [11]Munaf Patel

Bowler
    [1] Start with Irfan
    [2] Munaf Patel
    [3] Ajit Agarkar
    [4] Harbhajan
    [5] Sehwag,Yuvraj, sachin, Mongia and Raina (Can fill 5th bowler spot)

When India have to chase big score, at that time only Irfan pathan can be send at one down to score some quick fiery 30-45 and that also after 7 over and before 20 over.

Fifth bowler should always be part time bowler; with this team also I can make things work... I don’t know what the hell Dravid is doing after so much experienced, this match was gifted by west indies to us even he know.... I think BCCI is just interested in making money they are least bothered about the sentiment of Indian... we want to see India winning. Win can only make cricket more popular. Or the days are not far when Indian will not see Cricket match.

I can bet if any other Indian coach would have done so much experiment like Chappel then he would have been kicked out within 4-6 month.

Indian Batsman need more practice against left arm fast bowler,
    A new comer M Johnson took 4 wickets by giving 11 run in 4 over.

Call back Ashish Nehra and Zahir they can help them to do practice...Ashish was kicked b'coz Ganguly showed lot of trust in him. In the last match that he played he took 6 wicket & still he is out… ha ha ha

And this is true that winner always do right things so for this match dravid did right… but don’t forget things can be done in more better way. What I see most people don’t…

That were I am different.
    It’s me Sunilkumar
    "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

22 September 2006

Australia beat India by 18 runs in the sixth and final league match to qualify for the final of the DLF Cup One-Day International tri-series in Kuala Lumpur on Friday.

Chasing Australia's modest total of 213, India were bowled out for a lowly 195 in 43.5 overs and lost the match by 18 runs.

Dinesh Mongia, back in the Indian team after nearly a year-and-half, played a responsible innings of 63 not out, but all the other batsmen failed to rise to the challenge.

Brett Lee was the wrecker-in-chief, claiming 5 for 38 and taking Australia to the final, where they will play the West Indies on Sunday.

Earlier, the World champions staged a late recovery to post 213, courtesy of a vital 77-run partnership between Brad Haddin and Brad Hogg.

India Lost this match coz of Dravid Sehwag and Sachin... they were not able to score even 20 runs.

Mr. Reliable is losing his touch... he should score minimum 20-25 runs.

I will say Indian bowler did Great Job by ristricting Australia at 213.

In my earlier post you can see Mongia was one down as per me... but dravid had send kaif.

See Kaif is good but he need some score already on score board.... may be dravid had send kaif to stop the fall of wicket...

Tendulkar is getting weak against speed...

Mongia remains not out at 63, which make me feel that dravid did mistake by not sending him at one down.

Mongia is good batsman... he can be match winner.... but insecurity of his position in Indian team is playing on his head... this was performace under pressure....

Guys like Sehwag, Sachin Dravid those who are very secure they don't play good when it requires most...i dont know why? ....
    "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

too bad to hear india losing to australia. but soon i hope indians can reduce the odds and win.
      miqsh
      EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING

Comment

Working...
      X