India In Winter Games!! Please Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India In Winter Games!! Please Read

today was the opening ceremony of the 20th winter olympics and India is participating in winter olympics. A record high of 4 people from India is participating and for the first time a women from India is participating.

Shiva Keshavan (luging)
    Neha Ahuja (flag bearer, alpine skiing)
    other two guys in cross country skiing and alpine skiing

this is a great achievement. saw the Indian team carrying flag and it was a great pleasure to see them carrying our flag.

India, Nepal, China, South Korea and Japan were the only Asian countries to qualify for the winter olympics.

India is one of the 80 countries participating in the winter olympics.

alas! this is great! where can I get news and stay informed about this? better yet where can I see some video clips of India in the Olympics that I could download?

Comment

there are lots of places to find more info on that. like the official winter olympics games but i don't think much about the Indian team would be focused in there.

i will later give you some websites where you can find more info.

first let me tell you something.

Shiva Keshavan was the lone winter olympian in 1998 and 2002. He is a luger. It is a type of racing which is non-existent in India. He is the only one maybe practicing it. To do good in international field he needs a good luge, a proper track, a coach, a physhiotherapist, money and mechanic. He has none. He only get Rs10000 a month which will satisfy nothing. The luge itself costs you about $10,000. So he practices in Shimla in normal track on a piece of wood.

last year in 2002 he didn't have a luge when he went into olympics. he was worried. but he managed to make a luge using the garbage parts of Korean and Australian luger. THe luge looked like a 10 year old vintage model. But with that he came in 20th out of 50 people. He beat the Korean lugers to their suprised.

You may have heard 1 in a million but have you heard 1 in a billion. This was the title in American newspaper. But in Indian newspaper the news was no where to be seen.

The Italian govt. offered him everything in return of one thing. Shiva should play for ITaly. He would get $50000 every month. But he said that he would play for no country except India.

This is called real patriotism.
      getting ignored but still patriot.

Comment

Here is more info
        Official home of the IOC. Find the latest news and featured stories, information about IOC members plus Olympic principles, values and legacy.

TORINO 2006
        XXth Olympic Winter Games
        From the 10th to 26th February 2006
        Founder & Creative Mind of Megrisoft
        www.indiabook.com
        Business
        Please Do Not Spam Our Forum

Comment

Shiva came in 29th out of 36 people after the first day of play.

Play will resume tomorow.

this is a pretty good performance from him as he was only 3 seconds behind the leader.

Good job and keep going.

Wish you best of luck for tomorow.

Comment

You could do it Shiva!

Comment

Shiva's final result was 25th. He achieved what he wanted. He came out in top 25. There was no crowd in there to support India but they still performed good. That was fantastic. We hope to see you guys get more support and perform better next time.

Well played guys. Keep it up.

Comment

Working...
              X