Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Anonymous women who have had/considered a pregnancy termination

Hello,

I am a youth counsellor in a low socio-economic area, and I see at least one young woman about unplanned pregnancy every fortnight. They are usually agonising over whether they can keep the baby, as many are on low income and expect little support from the father. They get conflicting information from pregnancy "support" services and medical professionals, particularly about they emotional impact of having or not having a termination.

I tell them my own personal story – I fell pregnant after being raped. After a long, intense soul search, I decided to keep my baby. But this is only one possible course of action, and I am seeking stories from other women who have had or seriously considered a pregnancy termination, so that I can provide these young women with a wider and more balanced range of experiences to draw from. You will, of course, remain anonymous.

Please email your stories to lcw1985@mail.com Please include in your story the circumstances under which you fell pregnant, how old you were, what support you had available, why you considered termination, why you ultimately did or did not got through with it, and how it has affected your life, plus anything else you feel would be relevant. Please provide a first name for your stories to be filed under.

Your stories will not be altered in any way (except maybe any spelling mistakes, haha). I am not interested in furthering any pro-choice or pro-life agendas. I simply want to provide these young women with an open and honest catalogue of all their options.

If you know anyone with a story to tell, please pass this on to them.

Thank you for your honesty and bravery.
Working...
X