Are Goans indian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Goans indian?

I'm a Goan and i was wondering whether we are classed as Indian or not. Could someone explain to me?

Why won't anyone post here?

Comment

Sorry Inra Shenroy, but this forum is really low on members.

As far as I have seen goans look like Indians. IMO, goans look pretty Indian. I think in general you can consider most South Asians from Pakistan to Thailand to kinda be considered the same race.

Comment

Why won't Goans be Indians LOL. Isn't Goa constitutionally a part of India?

This forum is low on members huh. I wish more people join it. A very interesting forum it is. I am gonna stay

Comment

Goans are defenitely Indians as per Indian constitution. Now it's left to the individuals ( all over India ) whether they feel united with India or not.

Comment

Common what kinda question is that people. Goa is officially a part of India with rich cultural heritage and diversity. They are ofcourse a part of India and are Indians regardless of their religions and looks.

There are Luso Indians in there. THere are Europeans in there from 15th century who are Indian citizens now. They are Indians and they themsleves consider them nothing except Indians though they are white.

In NE there are Chinese looking or Mongoloid featured Indians. In andaman and southern Gujarat you will find Siddis, jarawas who are Africans tribe or type but are still Indians as they originated over here.

so you find brown (Aryans & Dravidians) Negroid tribe, Caucasoid and Europoid, Mongoloid, Australoid and all this different types of Indians who can be divided into these broad groups.

even there are some groups in Nagaland who's culture are really similar to those of Red Indians.

so the main point.
            YOU CAN NEVER JUDGE INDIAN BY THE LOOK. HE CAN LOOK ANY TYPE, HAVE ANY TYPE OF NAME AND ANY SKIN COLOUR AND FEATURES. SO THE BEST THING TO DO IS TO JUST GO AHEAD AND ASK THEM THAT ARE U FROM INDIA.

ANYONE DISAGREE WITH ME!!!

Comment

Goans are the part of India. The people of Goa prefer to call themselves Goans and not Goanese. Goans are very much aware of this unique identity; they are proud of it and guard it fiercely.

The Goan considers himself a Goan first and a Hindu, Christian or Muslim afterwards. The bonds of language and the Goan identity are strong enough to allow for different religious persuasions.

In proportion to their numbers, a very high percentage of Goans live abroad than the members of most other regional communities of India.

Goa is a state of mind. And to most Goans, this is best expressed in the lines of the Konkani poem penned by the eminent Goan poet B. B. (Bakibab) Borkar:

"If I am to be born again and allowed to choose my birthplace...
              I shall choose Goa... because its scenic beauty
              has a supernatural quality of refining the human mind
              and turning it inward into the depths of creativity and spirituality."
              Megrisoft Team Member
              Search India

Comment

Good one megri. nice one. see this proves that goans are Indians. No need to questions things like this.

Comment

Thanksss for approving it.
                  Megrisoft Team Member
                  Search India

Comment

ur welcome. no problem. i am just saying what the truth.

Comment

Working...
                    X