X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian media : To be proud or ashamed

By the time u guys read this news, the body of Major Manish Pitambare,
    who was shot dead at Anantnag, would have been cremated with full
    military honor. On Tuesday, this news swept across all the news channels 'Sanjay Dutt relieved by court'. 'Sirf Munna not a bhai' '13 saal ka vanvaas khatam' 'although found guilty for possession of armory, Sanjay can breath sigh of relief as all the TADA charges against him are withdrawn'
    Then many personalities like Salman Khan said 'He is a good person. We
    knew he will come out clean'. Mr Big B said "Dutt's family and our
    family have relations for years he's a good kid. He is like elder
    brother to Abhishek". His sister Priya Dutt said "we can sleep well tonight. It
    's a great relief" In other news, Parliament was mad at Indian team for performing bad;GregChappell said something; Shah Rukh Khan replaces Amitabh in KBC and
    other such stuff. But most of the emphasis was given on Sanjay Dutt's "phoenix like" comeback from the ashes of terrorist charges. Surfing through the channels, one news on BBC startled me. It read "Hisbul Mujahidin's most wanted terrorist 'Sohel Faisal' killed in Anantnag, India. Indian Major leading the operation lost his life in the process. Four others are
    injured. It was past midnight, I started visiting the stupid Indian channels, but Sanjay Dutt was still ruling. They were telling how Sanjay pleaded to
    the court saying 'I'm the sole bread earner for my family', 'I have a
    daughter who is studying in US' and so on. Then they showed how Sanjay
    was not wearing his lucky blue shirt while he was hearing the verdict
    and also how he went to every temple and prayed for the last few months. A
    suspect in Mumbai bomb blasts, convicted under armory act...was being
    transformed into a hero.

Sure Sanjay Dutt has a daughter; Sure he did not do any terrorist
    activity. Possessing an AK47 is considered too elementary in terrorist
    community
    and also one who possesses an AK47 has a right to possess a pistol so
    that again is not such a big crime; Sure Sanjay Dutt went to all the
    temples;
    Sure he did a lot of Gandhigiri but then...........

Major Manish H Pitambare got the information from his sources about the
    terrorists' whereabouts. Wasting no time he attacked the camp, killed
    Hisbul Mujahidin's supremo and in the process lost his life to the
    bullets fired from an AK47. He is survived by a wife and daughter (just
    like Sanjay Dutt) who's only 18 months old.

Major Manish never said 'I have a daughter' before he took the decision
    to attack the terrorists in the darkest of nights. He never thought
    about
    having a family and he being the bread earner. No news channel covered
    this since they were too busy hyping a former drug addict, a suspect
    who's linked to bomb blasts which killed hundreds. Their aim was to show
    how he defied the TADA charges and they were so successful that his
    conviction in possession of armory had no meaning. They also concluded
    that his parents in heaven must be happy and proud of him.

Parents of Major Manish are still living and they have to live rest of
    their lives without their beloved son. His daughter won't ever see her
    daddy again. Finally Major Manish, to my generation is a greater hero,
    someone who laid his life in the name of this great nation.

So guys, please forward this message around so that the media knows
    which news to give importance, as it is a shame for us since this Army Major's death news was given by a foreign TV channel!!!

You are so right ruhina.

Of course the media is irresponsible and being a commercial entitry values TRP ratings more then the news itself.

But then who are the viewers. Its you and me and people like us. As long as the mind frames of people dont change we cant blame the media and politicians alone.

A large section of our population has hardly any love for the country. They sing national song, talk big about so many issues. But they shiver when it comes to taking responsibility.

Just see how many people chose to reply ur thread. You post one thread on religion or cricket or bollywood here and then see how many replies u will get. So whos to blame?? politicians? media?? or we ourselves?

This story is yet another eg. of how mean a society we are.

Comment

I hate to say it but I actually agree with Rohit on this one. It is a tragedy that the media has become so commercialized that the death of such a hero is not recognized by the media. That's capitalism and modernization I suppose. Money talks and Sanjay babu has plenty of that. I can't believe he actually tried to get sympathy by saying he is a single breadwinner trying to help his daughter study in the US. Like he's part of the aam aadmi living in his luxury villa and travelling around the world shooting big budget movies and growing up in the rich and famous Dutt family. It really is despiriting.

Comment

Nikster in a democracy people live with differences. And i respect u for that. Its good that we finally have a common view on something.

So no need to hate the fact. Celebrate the fact.

Comment

With due course of time it was anticipated that Electronic media will come of age. But even now they are not trying to grow up to tell the news in the true sense.
          As I have already mentioned on this forum elsewhere that they are only here to tell about the birthdays of the heroes of our films.
          When will these channels grow up.
          As we are part of the democracry we need right kind of feedback to run the nation, every body should have access to what is happening around us. But the electronic media has been been busy telling us the trivial news. Then in the news script running in bottom these channels start telling the message for birthdays of films.
          Although these channels have exposed the corruption at high level and told us about the facts. But here too they have failed to keep the record of the cases.
          Don’t worry, Be happy

Comment

i'm not a indian.so i can't have any opinion.and my english is not very well .i can't understand some of your words.but i will support you.i think you must have pointed out the problem of the society.and the problem not only belongs to indian media,other areas also .
            no pain no gain
            Wenzhou Longwan Nan Yang Steel pipe Factory
            MSN xiaoli986700@163.com

Comment

Working...
            X