Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question is do the followers of a relegion have the guts to question what is wrong in their relegion before others do that creating a rift between the two relegions?
    for eg., the practice of sati and child marriage was prevalent in hindus before intellectuals like Raja Rammohan Roy challenged it. I am sure if hindus would have closed a blind eye to this and if this practise was rampant even today, western society would have pointed fingers at this malpractise. What should have been the response? Should we have said - this is what we have been practising since centuries and if u oppose it u are crusading against our relegion? Would that be correct approach?
    The crux of the matter is house cleaning.
    Islam or Hinduism or Christanity or any other relegion has lot of good things and a few bad ones. What is unfortunate is the reluctance of the followers to give up the bad things. The order of this reluctance is Islam, Hindu, Catholics in decreasing order.
    If muslims continue to follow word by word what Quran says or what the Mullah's interpret it to say for them, they will only make people against them giving the Mullah's further strength in classifying these oppositions as oppressions.
    Turing a blind eye to the evils in one's relegion will not cure it. Not every word in Quran is unquestionable. You just need the guts to do it. But if u fear that by doing so you will miss out on the chance of heaven, be sure you will make life hell on earth for urself and others.
    Same holds for Hindus. How many people follow whats written in Geeta. How many don't cheat, lie or are not dishonest. Does Geeta say that the hindus are high or low caste. Does it forbid marraige between a brahmin and a shudra? does it say at any point that kill small kids of another religion( gujarat riots).
    Truth is we are not following hinduism either we are following what we see others around us following- a twisted form of hinduism sick with malpractices and evils.
    We try to hide it by putting saffron on our foreheads and ringing the bells in a temple.
    Be it muslims or hindus or christians we are all too busy basking in the glory of our relegions to realise our follies.
    I 'll show u a new world!

Comment

Hey Every one should watch this movie.....

Davinci code

which shows how religion was use to exploit human race ... which was used by king to rule their kingdom...

Their is no difference between King and dictators...

Most of people are still living in stone age and trying to change religion or other human being ...
      Look Does Matter..........!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Slay the unbelievers wherever you catch them. (2:191)
        Fight them, until there is no more dissent and religion is that of Allah (2:193)
        The vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve. (8:55)
        Let not the believers take for friends or helpers unbelievers (3:28)
        I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their fingertips off them (8:12)
        Verily, the unbelievers are najis [unclean]. (9:28)
        You have the guts to call killing of non believers as recommended by your religion bullshit?? Do u have teh guts to call burqa system bullshit?
        go to the link.we don't believe in killing non-believers.asfor Burkha ,its upto women.I don't want Burkha to be forced upon though.

What of our other term, "Islam"? It too has multiple meanings. In one sense, it denotes a religion--a system of belief, worship, doctrine, ideals, and ideas--that belongs to the family of monotheistic, scriptural religions that includes Judaism and Christianity. In another sense, it means the whole civilization that has grown up under the aegis of that religion: something like what is meant by the once-common term "Christendom."

When we in the West today talk of Christian art, we mean votive art, religious art. If we talk of Islamic art, however, we mean any art [End Page 53] produced by Muslims or even by non-Muslims within Islamic civilization. Indeed, one can still speak of Islamic astronomy and Islamic chemistry and Islamic mathematics, meaning astronomy, chemistry, and mathematics produced under the aegis of Islamic civilization. There is no corresponding "Christian" astronomy or chemistry or mathematics.

Each of these terms, Islam in the sense of a religion and Islam in the sense of a civilization, is itself subject to many variations. If we talk about Islam as a historical phenomenon, we are speaking of a community that now numbers more than a billion people, most of whom are spread along a vast arc stretching almost 10,000 miles from Morocco to Mindanao; that has a 14-century-long history; and that is the defining characteristic of the 53 sovereign states that currently belong to the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC). For obvious reasons, it is extremely difficult (though not impossible) to make any kind of valid generalization about a reality of such age, size, and complexity.

define Islam first.
        Last edited by Ghost_Rider; 11-04-2006, 10:53 AM.

Comment

I checked ur links. Well I hope it is all a translation error as u claim it.

But we cant ignore the fact that terroism is carried out all across the world in the name of jehad. And it is this error in translation that is the cause of the same. Dont u think u people should correct urself immediately?

And if women have the choice of wearing or not wearing burqa why sania mirza was openly criticized by ur religious heads? Why imrana is being forced to marry his father in law by ur religious leaders, after he raped her?

I was watching a debate on a news channel recently on the veil system in islam. Shabana Azmi was being openly targeted by ur religion heads. And she was being told that if she would not show her face she would go out of business. So she s not carrying her self out modestly?? Hows wearing a veil a sign of modesty? i fail to understand.

Nobody is against islam or why would I or anybody care in what u believe. When ur beliefs start affecting and interefering in the lives of others, they feel threatened.

You follow quran or prophet or anybody else. Why would i care. The only concern of people who r not muslim is that if u live in a society u also have responsibilities to that country and u should open ur selves up to accept atleast some basic norms of the society. That includes the law of the land.

IF high court gives some directives on imrana. You religious heads should have respected it. Your muslim presonal law board have no right to claim taj mahal on the grounds that it was built by a muslim ruler. Taj mahal is the property of India and indian muslims are also a part of it. You are not separate from India that u should claim it ur personal property.

Why so many local muslims support the activities of pakistan in India?? The day u will embrace the country or the society u live in whole heartedly no one will care what religion u practise. The real cause of contention is not ur religion but the way u practise it. And the way it interefers with the law of land and fundamental rights a person gets in any country.

If u have noble thoughts in islam its fine. Its also ur responsibility to practise it nobly. So that we really get to learn something from u instead of feeling threatened by you.

Comment

I checked ur links. Well I hope it is all a translation error as u claim it.

But we cant ignore the fact that terroism is carried out all across the world in the name of jehad. And it is this error in translation that is the cause of the same. Dont u think u people should correct urself immediately?

And if women have the choice of wearing or not wearing burqa why sania mirza was openly criticized by ur religious heads? Why imrana is being forced to marry his father in law by ur religious leaders, after he raped her?

I was watching a debate on a news channel recently on the veil system in islam. Shabana Azmi was being openly targeted by ur religion heads. And she was being told that if she would not show her face she would go out of business. So she s not carrying her self out modestly?? Hows wearing a veil a sign of modesty? i fail to understand.

Nobody is against islam or why would I or anybody care in what u believe. When ur beliefs start affecting and interefering in the lives of others, they feel threatened.

You follow quran or prophet or anybody else. Why would i care. The only concern of people who r not muslim is that if u live in a society u also have responsibilities to that country and u should open ur selves up to accept atleast some basic norms of the society. That includes the law of the land.

IF high court gives some directives on imrana. You religious heads should have respected it. Your muslim presonal law board have no right to claim taj mahal on the grounds that it was built by a muslim ruler. Taj mahal is the property of India and indian muslims are also a part of it. You are not separate from India that u should claim it ur personal property.

Why so many local muslims support the activities of pakistan in India?? The day u will embrace the country or the society u live in whole heartedly no one will care what religion u practise. The real cause of contention is not ur religion but the way u practise it. And the way it interefers with the law of land and fundamental rights a person gets in any country.

If u have noble thoughts in islam its fine. Its also ur responsibility to practise it nobly. So that we really get to learn something from u instead of feeling threatened by you.

Comment

OK so some people here are trying to clarify that Islam is a religion of peace and harmony and the verses in Quran regarding killing non-Muslims are against those who are oppressors and/or wage wars against Muslims. But how does that explain the actions of Muslim conquerors in India who in the name of Islam waged aggression against Indians unwarrantedly?

What I've gathered is that traditionally Muslims believe their religion and way of life is representative of true justice, peace and everything good. And anything other than it is oppressive and fit to be waged a war against. No matter if whoever they wage a war against has attacked them or not.

Or else how do you explain these terms which divide the world into categories according to Islam? :-

Dar-Al-Islam (House of Peace) :- A place where Islam rules everyone

Dar-Al-Harb (House of War):- A place where Islam doesn't rule so it's fit to be waged war against to establish Islam

Dar-Al-Hudna (House of Calm):- A place under truce. Residents of that place have to pay tribute to the Islamic aggressors in exchange for truce or else war resumes.

Comment

As I said, I would come after some time, so I came.

And what do I see, this Mr. Sunil compelled by his bigotry and impaired eyesight calls me a BLOODY PAKISTANI WHO IS HERE TO BRAINWASH you people.

Mr. Sunil, you can go to hell. I am not at all concerned by the single person on earth, that's you.

I can easily answer the questions of Mr. Rohit, but he should try to understand the truth from my answers rather than pulling out new issues all the time. And he should learn the etiquettes of decent communication.

EyeOnTheWall: Every Muslim act does not reflect what Islam says. There are professing Muslims who do things that are prohibited in Islam.

To understand Islam one required intellect and enlightenment. Which some of the people here don't have. There's is a certain level of knack and aptitude required, of which, unfortunately Almight God has deprived some.

Regards,

Comment

Yes... I don't think that this is an appropriate place to interact on the religious issues as I just get swarmed around by the bigots.

The ones who're interested to clear their minds can write me : adilmemon007 @ gmail.com.

Or they can even join my own forum for learning on religion: www.leadpakistan.com

Regards,

Comment

I feel like laughing on you now.

It took u 8 months to come back on a topic that u will be interested to disucss at 2 0 clock in the night if u had the answers.

And a typical reaction of urs. You dont care about Sunil and i do not know how to communicate. Ha ha... What about other people who asked questions on ur stupid practises?? You dont care for them too. Isnt it. Because some day u will become a suicide bomber and kill all of us and go to heaven by allahs grace and swim in a river of wine.

But u dont have answers to any question that i ask. Is thinking prohibited in Islam??

Comment

Adil you said ==> "Mr. Sunil compelled by his bigotry and impaired eyesight calls me a BLOODY PAKISTANI.... "

Well you are pakistani and i had not said like bloody pakistani to you.... yea i had used hard language against misq but not against you but now you listen India is fighting against terrorism all terrorist come from your land... you can't be good for me .... you are bloody for me. The day you will clean pakistan from terrorist you will be happy and our coming generation... pleople are leaving in stone age in pakistan... it is a factory of terrorist...

I am Indian and i dont want to brain wash of any one on name of religion and I dont want to change their religion.... but yes i want all Indian should respect my mother land and those who can't do they should leave India,.... mother land comes first .....no body is as important as India (my country) for me... and if u call this as brain washing, then i will love to do that.. ....
                      "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Originally posted by rohit khaitan
                        I feel like laughing on you now.

Is thinking prohibited in Islam??
                        The answer is perhaps big Yes.

Remember my dear,
                        Islam is perhaps the only faith in the world, which has not seen reforms.

Even on the discussion on the net on the religious forums they are discussing only this is haram, this is halal. Why do not they let inner conscience to decide?

Perhaps the biggest haram in Islam is to think!!!
                        Last edited by Puneet Sood; 03-05-2007, 09:53 AM.
                        Don’t worry, Be happy

Comment

hey people tell me why u think that islam is a bad religiion in india??

Comment

Lots of questions in this thread were raised. But none was answered logically or convincingly.

May be some muslim who understands this religion properly have any answers. I dont know if there is any such muslim but i hope there is one.

As for me i have not form an opinion yet. Still have a open mind. But want people here to remove the burqa from their mind and speak.

Comment

As the conditions constantly change in the social life, as well as in personal life, the faiths have been generally failed to cope with the conditions of today.
                              As there has been some efforts in other faiths to reform themselves, Islam has not seen any such reform.
                              You can not impose the conditions & solutions of one place, one time to all the places and all the times. The problems and solutions one particular era has been suggested by the founders of the faiths.
                              But it is for us to see that whether these solutions and problems are practical today or not. Unfortunately, the scholars of Islam have failed to do so.
                              Don’t worry, Be happy

Comment

To All Those Fucking Sunilkumar And Rohit Khaitan. You Called Yourself Secularist And Why The Fuck You Dissing Islam. You Fucking Hindus. I Am Ashamed Of Calling Myself A Hindu After Seeing You Guys Dissing Other Religions.

Don't You Illiterate Bastards Know That In Hinduism It Is Said To Respect Other Religions Too You Fucking Illiterate Motherfucking Bastards.

You Lost All The Respect You Gained From Me. You Are A Disgrace To India. You Fucking Assholes Don't You Know That Indians Have To Respect Every Religion Because Every Religion Is Indian You Fucking Assholes.

Don't You Have Any Respect For Other Why Dissing Islam. Islam Has No Evil Teachings. People Make Evil Stuffs.

How Would You Fucking Assholes Illiterate B Astards Feel If I Say That Sati Pratha Is A Rule In Hinduism. Doesn't That Make Us Feel Bad. But Was That Written In Hinduism You Dumb Fuckers.

Don't Even Diss Any Religion Becuase That Means U Are Dissings Indinas.

Fucking Rohit Khaitan And Sunil Kumar Go Die. Respect Others Bitches.

Comment

Working...
                                X