Raksha Bandhan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raksha Bandhan

Raksha Bandhan Festival is celebrated with faith and enthusiasm all over India. Following the tradition, sister tie Rakhi on brother's wrist, perform arti of him and pray for his long life. Brothers' present Rakhi Gifts to their sister and promise to protect her always. This simple custom of Rakhi is being carried forward since ancient times. This year the festival of Rakhi is on August 09, 2006
    IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
    IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

For those whose brothers are far off and cannot meet on the day of Raksha Bandhan we have made special cards for all so that they can from their homes itself send greetings and wishes to their loved ones.So do send any of these lovely Rakhi Cards to your family.
    IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
    IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Comment

Rakshabandhan - Rakhi

Hello Friends,

"Foolon ka taron ka sabka kehna hai... ek hajaron mein meri behna hai".

Tomorrow We are going to celebrate Rakhi the festival to show the love of brother and sister.Sister tied a holy thread on the wrist of brother with this commitment that his brother will always stand by her in good as well as bad time.

Can u guys please tell me someting about Rakhi I mean when and how it is started ?

Comment

Hi,
        Rakhi or Raksha is a sacred thread embellished with sister's love and affection for her brother. On the day of Raksha Bandhan sisters tie Rakhi on their brother's wrist and express their love for him. By accepting a Rakhi from a sister a brother gladly takes on the responsibility of protecting her sister. In Indian tradition the frail thread of Rakhi is considered stronger than iron chains as it binds brothers and sisters in an inseparable bond of love and trust. This is my first time i am far away from my sister's. But i miss and love her. My Best wishes to all IB Member's.
        pankaj I hope you enjoy this sacred Festival with your sister's and share with us.
        Happy Raksha Bandan !
        Last edited by viru; 08-07-2006, 11:05 PM.
        Self Trust Is The First Secret Of Success
        Speed of the Boss is the speed of the team
        Be a part of the solution, Not a part of the problem
        and Life Tells you Nothing, It Shows you Everything

Web Hosts Directory
        SEO Directory
        Computer Games

Comment

Few of the legends where we can know from how this festival of Rakhi came into tradition are

The legend in the Bhavishya Puran
          The legend refers to a war between the Gods and the Demons. The demon King Brutra was advancing and the Gods lead by lord Indra, were on verge of defeat. The king of Gods, Indra approached Guru Brihaspati to find a solution to the situation. Brihaspati asked Indra to tie a sacred thread on his wrist, powered by the sacred mantras on the Shravan Purnima. Lord Indra's Queen Sachi also called Indrani, empowered the thread and tied it on to his hand on the decided day. The power of the sacred thread called Raksha helped the Gods to victory.

The tradition of thread tying still continues. It is a gesture of goodwill.

The legend of King Bali and Goddess Laxmi
          According to another legend Demon King Bali was a great devotee of Lord Vishnu. Lord Vishnu had taken up the task to guard his kingdom leaving his own abode in Vaikunth. Goddess Laxmi wished to be with her lord back in her abode. She went to Bali disguised as a Brahmin woman to seek refuge till her husband came back.

During the Shravan Purnima celebrations, Laxmiji tied the sacred thread to the King. Upon being asked she revealed who she was and why she was there. The king was touched by her goodwill for his family and her purpose and requested the Lord to accompany her. He sacrificed all he had for the Lord and his devoted wife.

Thus the festival is also called Baleva that is Bali Raja's devotion to the Lord.It is said that since then it has been a tradition to invite sisters in Shravan Purnima for the thread tying ceremony or the Raksha Bandhan

Yama and the Yamuna
          It is said that the Raksha Bandhan was a ritual followed by Lord Yama (the Lord of Death) and his sister Yamuna. Yamuna tied rakhi to Yama and bestowed immortality. Yama was so moved by the serenity of the occasion that he declared thar whoever gets a rakhi tied from his sister and promised her protection will become immortal.

In the Epics
          Raksha Bandhan finds a mention in Mahabharata when Lord Krishna advised Yudhishthir to perform the ceremony to protect himself and the army from the dangers of the war. It is said that Kunti, the mother of the Pandavas tied rakhi to her grandson Abhimanyu and Draupadi to lord Krishna.
          Founder & Creative Mind of Megrisoft
          www.indiabook.com
          Business
          Please Do Not Spam Our Forum

Comment

Working...
          X