Hindu male gods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hindu male gods...

I am hindu but I sometimes wonder if our gods really did set a good example or not...i wonder why somethings are accepted and worshiped as they are:

1. krishna is always worshiped with radha who is just his gf whom he flirted with in childhood! how must his TWO official wives feel?

2. ram abandoned his PREGNANT wife because of his family and other people. Isnt a wife much more important esp when she is pregnant with twins than other people (as if he listened to everything they said).
    Furthermore he never came to even meet her or to ask her if she is even alive...but came back when he saw his two sons to get thm back! what about his citizens and family now? how selfsih?

3. pandavas shared a common wife plus they each had one of their own. (hinduism never allowed polygamy)

4. shiva cut the head of his own son (for those who argue he didnt know he was his son..even then getting so angry and doing such a deed isnt very nice (whatever)

5. ganesha had two wives (riddhi and siddhi)

6. vishnu only laid on his couch with his wife all day long! seeing apsaras dancing all day long.

these are what I read in mythological books and saw in movies. I dont really have any complaints about hindu goddesses...but I am starting to feel strongly against idol worship of such Gods!

well, have u then decided to which god u are going to follow hereafter?
    do u know all the gods and goddess in hinduism?? i find it hard to remember them. some are unfamiliar. they are numerous, don't u think?
    miqsh
    EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING

Comment

Hi M0987

I personally believe that if there is an all loving powerful God, (Which I have no doubt over) then surely if we ask with total truth and an honest heart and keep on asking with an honest heart then surely it is Him who will answer us and reveal Himself. If He truly exist (which I'm adoment over) then it is us that lacks the faith for Him to answer.

God Bless
      Upreh Sahreh Tchahtcheh Romahni Prahla ta Phenya!! Rise all true Rommany Brothers and sisters Dev'lesa God be with you

Comment

see look at the gods. THey have had so many girls and when we have even a single gf whom we swear to stick for live we are said to be not doing a good thing. That's shit.

And you know what I hated Pandavas for my life. They were complete cheaters. Don't ask me why but they didn't fight against evil. They killed their own uncle and stuff. Yudhister even lied to Dronachrya to kill him. Pandavas were soft.

Comment

Its not just about hinduism, but every religion in the world has got some non sensical philosophy, theory or story.

Thats why we have our hearts and brains to judge whats wrong and what s right. You dont need a testament or a gods messenger to tell u all this. Ask ur heart and it will tell u all u need to know.

Your good deeds are god and ur misdeeds are evil.

Yet i get really amazed to see large number of zealots and religious bigots on this website who try to propagate their religion consciously or unconsciously. Its my humble request to all those people that if u want to propagate something propagate humanity and if u want to practise any religion humanity is above all religions.

Raising an orphan child, helping an elderly or handicapped or teaching a deprived student is a greater and nobler prayer then one that we offer in church masjid or mandir.

Comment

[QUOTE=

Raising an orphan child, helping an elderly or handicapped or teaching a deprived student is a greater and nobler prayer then one that we offer in church masjid or mandir.[/QUOTE]

My feelings exactly.
            Upreh Sahreh Tchahtcheh Romahni Prahla ta Phenya!! Rise all true Rommany Brothers and sisters Dev'lesa God be with you

Comment

Rohit Khaitan you are right again. Humanity is indeed above everything. I really appreciate what you said right now.

Comment

Working...
              X