Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raped women are forced to marry their rapists in the Bible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raped women are forced to marry their rapists in the Bible!

Raped women are forced to marry their rapists in the Bible!:

Christians follow the laws of the Bible only. All of their religious sources, laws and verdicts come straight from the Bible (if we were to have true Christian countries where Church would rule over the State), except for Roman Catholics where they have other Volumes written by Church Fathers and Popes. But most Christians in the world have no religious resources other than the Bible.

Therefore, let us look at what the Bible says regarding this issue:

Rape is a big crime that could actually take the woman's or the victim's life away. Let us examine how Christianity deals with the rapist: "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. (From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 22:28)" Although this Verse from the Bible only talks about virgins, but its the only verse in the entire Bible that talks about raping single women. Not to be biased or anything, but the Bible seems to have quite weird things in it that are quite irrational and quite ridiculous. Deuteronomy 22:28 forces the raped woman to marry her rapist. My question to the writers of the Bible is why in the world would any raped female victim want to be in the same town, not the same bedroom !! with her rapist?.

Also, the Bible seems to promote raping of single women: "But if out in the country a man happens to meet a girl pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die. (From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 22:25)" This is quite an interesting verse. We see in Deuteronomy 22:28 that if a man rapes a single woman then she will be forced to be his wife, while if a man rapes a married woman or a woman who is spoken for, in Deuteronomy 22:25, then he shall be put to death. There is absolutely no punishment for the rapist of a single woman in the Bible. For those Christians who think that they don't have to follow the Old Testament, well my answer to them is this: The Old Testament prohibits for the brother to marry his sister, or for the son to marry his mother. The New Testament doesn't even talk about it. Does that mean that a Christian brother can marry his sister? or a Christian son can marry his mother? Jesus himself anyway ordered his followers to follow the Old Testament, so their argument is totally invalid.

Question to Jews and Christians: How is the Bible supposed to prevent some loser from stalking the most beautiful single woman in town, rape her, and then sue her in court to become his wife so he can continue raping her for the rest of her life?!

Not being raised religious but in English schools where evolution and science is the core of our beliefs and plus my parents were athiests I had no time for nonsense religions. There was however a time when a 'born again' 100% Bible lead Christian of no particular denomination came to me with a genuine kind non-profitable attitude and had a series of visions about my past, present and future which no one could have poosibly known. The reason for the visions were all points in my life which needed attention from a perspective from an all powerful compassionate loving God.
    As a result I read the Bible thoroughly as I was looking for faults as through my mind and understanding of science etc there was no way these encounters could've happened.
    I also looked into understanding other religions including getting a copy of the quaran.
    I am not of any religious following as I was raised with no preferred following so I am open to fact.
    After studying all possible facts including reading the posts here. Islam is a wicked descriminative religion that acts like the inocence of a lamb but is infact a religion based on hate. (ask most Muslims what they thinks of the Jew).
    The Bible I cannot find any fault with infact I find supernatural findings like prophesies etc which are again hard to explain if solely written by man. (There is one actual old testament of the Bible which is the one written in Hebrew by the Jews. Alll the others are translations and are open to possible incorrections through translation).
    Historically the Bible is proven and again this makes the quaran a lie. This is not slander or bias oppinion as I am only interested in finding the truth. If there is a God then for my own sake I would want to follow the real one or it could effect my eternal life. I also do find problem within the denominations within Christian followers as not all denominations follow the Bible 100% which can be seen in the failures they produce.
    Upreh Sahreh Tchahtcheh Romahni Prahla ta Phenya!! Rise all true Rommany Brothers and sisters Dev'lesa God be with you

Comment

Originally posted by mike87
      Raped women are forced to marry their rapists in the Bible!:

Christians follow the laws of the Bible only. All of their religious sources, laws and verdicts come straight from the Bible (if we were to have true Christian countries where Church would rule over the State), except for Roman Catholics where they have other Volumes written by Church Fathers and Popes. But most Christians in the world have no religious resources other than the Bible.

Therefore, let us look at what the Bible says regarding this issue:

Rape is a big crime that could actually take the woman's or the victim's life away. Let us examine how Christianity deals with the rapist: "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. (From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 22:28)" Although this Verse from the Bible only talks about virgins, but its the only verse in the entire Bible that talks about raping single women. Not to be biased or anything, but the Bible seems to have quite weird things in it that are quite irrational and quite ridiculous. Deuteronomy 22:28 forces the raped woman to marry her rapist. My question to the writers of the Bible is why in the world would any raped female victim want to be in the same town, not the same bedroom !! with her rapist?.

Also, the Bible seems to promote raping of single women: "But if out in the country a man happens to meet a girl pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die. (From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 22:25)" This is quite an interesting verse. We see in Deuteronomy 22:28 that if a man rapes a single woman then she will be forced to be his wife, while if a man rapes a married woman or a woman who is spoken for, in Deuteronomy 22:25, then he shall be put to death. There is absolutely no punishment for the rapist of a single woman in the Bible. For those Christians who think that they don't have to follow the Old Testament, well my answer to them is this: The Old Testament prohibits for the brother to marry his sister, or for the son to marry his mother. The New Testament doesn't even talk about it. Does that mean that a Christian brother can marry his sister? or a Christian son can marry his mother? Jesus himself anyway ordered his followers to follow the Old Testament, so their argument is totally invalid.

Question to Jews and Christians: How is the Bible supposed to prevent some loser from stalking the most beautiful single woman in town, rape her, and then sue her in court to become his wife so he can continue raping her for the rest of her life?!

http://www.answering-christianity.com/que10.htm
      bible dont force the girl to marrie a such a man, but ask the man to marrie her IF SHE WANT
      nd before ask idiotic things see better how is for a girl in india to marrie a man she see only few times before a arranged marriage...ask tht to a 12 years old girl from an indian village....get it?
      chatolics dont have other books , nd popes dont write bibles...so go nd study before open ur mouth

Comment

Working...
      X