Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with Indian Mother: I'm White

Dear Users,

I have a dilemma. I'm a non-Indian woman. My Indian partner and I have been together for a couple of years now. We plan to get married.

It seems like his mother is having a hard time with me. Can you please let me know what I can do to make her feel better about me? To accept me more? To start trusting me since she is fairly suspicious?

Thank you for your help,
    Monique

Welcome to Indiabook forum. Monique, I know nothing about your nature & thinking, also about your partner's mother.
    Some Indian Mothers never accept it easily that her son is going to marry a Non-Indian woman. May be she thinks that her daughter-in-law will not adjust in Indian culture. Do you know, Indian daughter-in-law has to adjust a lot in her in-laws house. At every step, she has to make everyone happy. In whole day, there are many duties which has to fulfill according to in-laws atmosphere.
    According to me, May be your partner's mother think that you will find difficult to adopt Indian culture. If this is so, Do whatever she wants. I am not saying to hurt yourself but If you want to marry an Indian Man, you have to do it. Make her force to think that you are her dream daughter-in-law.
    All the best.
    Megrisoft Team Member
    Search India

Comment

Monique <== If you think that you are correct then dont change yourself because if you will change yourself than you are not going to be happy.

What megrisoft had said is his above post is all correct. Indian women is more possesive about his family she has to do lot of sacrifice for family compare to Male & every mother-in-law expect samething from their daughter-in-law

Monique be yourself dont try to make any one happy , as we are unique in this world, we cannot match with every once mentality & we cannot make every one happy. But this is also true that ... love is sacrifice, so when we love any one we do all sort of sacrifice for them........
      Last edited by sunilkumar; 12-22-2005, 04:42 PM.
      "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Working...
      X