Probally a very stupid question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probally a very stupid question..

In india, is it frowned upon for you to date/see an american? Im not trying to sound like a narrow minded person here, im just generally curious.. Im interested in the culture since meeting a few friends from india.. was just wondering how things were looked at.. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it.. Thank you.

Sorry but Im curous to know what happened in 1984?

Comment

india has a very old tradition. the reason behind the vast diversity of india is because the people are very serious and want to be very protective. not all indians understand this. they feel the need to update themselves with the west in their minds. the americans are narrow minded when it comes to their tradition. they only follow their culture. how about it? the reason why we face this problem is the american culture is not very credible when it comes to keeping their promises. so many of our parents feel protective of their children. i hope this helps you. no offense to your beliefs.
      miqsh
      EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING

Comment

Im not meaning to be shallow minded.. IM honestly trying to understand.. Im curious. I have been listening to many stories from the two indians i have met and I enjoy hearing there stories, and enjoy being around them, and how they treat everyone.. Was just curious as to If "inter racial" relationships were frowned upon by the older families, I know that Sex is a big no no until after marriage, but was wondering how relationships work? Is it much the same as america?

Comment

if you mean the present condition, yes. the situation in india has changed since the last 15 years. as everyone look towards the west eagerly, the culture is pretty much becoming the same. and for the relationships after marriage they do work out to be quite good. one must adjust to their newer surroundings. our indian traditions and practices are rapidly deteriorating.
          miqsh
          EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING

Comment

Originally posted by Curious1984
            Im not meaning to be shallow minded.. IM honestly trying to understand.. Im curious. I have been listening to many stories from the two indians i have met and I enjoy hearing there stories, and enjoy being around them, and how they treat everyone.. Was just curious as to If "inter racial" relationships were frowned upon by the older families, I know that Sex is a big no no until after marriage, but was wondering how relationships work? Is it much the same as america?
            Older people might not like the fact that you are marrying a westerner but teenagers will be more then happy to marry them. Again opinions vary from people to people. You just can't ask like that. Its like asking that is everyone in your country racist?

Now the answer you give will be the answer to your own question.

Comment

Curious I'm curious what happened in 1984? hah aha...

Comment

Curious i am curious about this 1984 thing too. Were u born on a fateful day in 84??

Comment

Working...
                X