Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Darsheel Safary get the Best Actor Trophy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Darsheel Safary get the Best Actor Trophy?

Ten year old Tatum O'Neal won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her screen debut in Paper Moon (1973) becoming the youngest winner ever in a competitive category. Nine-year-old Darsheel Safary has given an unbelievably stunning performance in Aamir Khan directed Taare Zameen Par (that is busy receiving millions of congratulatory bouquets worldwide). It's year-end and the award nominations will start hogging the limelight very soon. The big question that IndiaFM wishes to pose before the jury and the adjudicators is that….Will Darsheel get the nod in the Best Actor category or will he be relegated to the more expected best child artiste domain? In addition, we shall give you reasons why he deserves all the awards in the best actor category

Earlier in the name of film awards there were only Filmfare Awards and they occupied a special place in the industry. Those who were awarded felt blessed while the ones who missed out hoped that one day they'd deliver their well-practiced speech on the podium of excellence basking in the flashlights of praise. Javed Akhtar has often said in his interviews how as a young boy he happened to clean legendary tragic actress Meena Kumari's Filmfare statuette in a studio and how it fuelled the ambition within him to win one of his own some day. And he managed to win many of those sparkling ladies. Well, you can't get more filmi than that.

Oscars are selected after an arduous procedure and respects merit tremendously (though the allegations of racial discrimination have sometimes been proven right here as well). What is most notable is that, there are no such categories as Best Actor in a Comic Role or Best Actor in a Negative Role in Oscars

But today like it or not, apart from Filmfare there are many more award functions that happen in close proximity, looking a replica of each other as almost the same list of people/ films end up winning everywhere. In fact, the film awards have become very filmi. For, they are meant to be widely televised, opulent, entertaining events more than an acknowledgment of worthy talent. There's nothing wrong in making the big bucks but most certainly there should be more transparency in the nomination and selection process.
    Pinky

How wonderful ! It's amazing to see child actors pull off such performances while the big shots of filmdom are still facing criticism for over-delivering or not delivering at all.

By the way, I still need to watch Taare Zameen Par.

Comment

I have also not watched this movie but I have also heard that the child has done remarkable work.Now a days children are very much talented.
      IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
      IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Comment

Great Opening...............

Pleased as punch with the promising opening of Taare Zameen Par, Aamir told Taran Adarsh in the course of the latter's show B Biz on Zee Muzic, "I'm a good producer and I have the ability to market my film very well". When asked to speculate about the fate of his film at the box office, Aamir was calm and collected as ever. He said, "Nothing can stop the success of a genuinely good film". Catch the superstar talking about his directorial debut, kids and his reaction to being tagged a 'ghost director' by the media.

Tune in to catch Aamir Khan on B Biz on 1st and 2nd of January at 8: 30 pm on ETC and 10 :30 pm on Zee Muzic
        Pinky

Comment

this little guy has done a wonderful job
          no doubt aamir and his team has worked hard wid this litle star

amazing perfromance

Comment

Working...
          X