Looking for pixel artists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for pixel artists

I'm starting a small company in a couple of weeks and one of our activities will be game development (initially, both mobile and web). We're looking for one or two pixel artists who can help us in our first games. I'm not expecting much work initially, maybe one or two games per month, so this should be perfect for those who just want a small part-time. Ocasionally we may throw in some work in other company areas, though (like designing a logo or a banner for one of our websites), if you're interested.

The work is done on a virtual office model (ie, working from home) and the contract will be on a freelance basis (per project, at first). Our first titles will be small 2D puzzle games, so we expect each project to require around 20 hours of work (which includes a primary mobile version, a web version and 3 or 4 mobile ports). Additional porting work will be paid separately, with a value to be discussed. Payment can be done by wire transfer, although we're also looking into the possibility of Paypal to minimize transfer costs.

The tools to be used are left up to the artist, although the usual ones in this area are Photoshop or GIMP. The only thing we'll be interested in is the PSD files, so we can move the art to the format we'll use in the game (usually PNG or JPG) or make small adjustments, if necessary. The work should be based in descriptions provided by us. Knowledge of mobile game development would be a plus, but we're also considering accepting rookies (everybody has to start somewhere ).

If you're interested, please send an e-mail to jobs@oramatechnologies.com and include your CV in PDF and a sample of your work (up to a maximum attachment size of 500 kb) - you can also include a link to samples of your work. Please also include your expected earnings per hour (in euros, dollars or rupees), so we can extrapolate the cost per project, and if you'd be interested in the extra work.

We're still finishing our website and taking care of burocracy to create the company, so we don't have the company "on-line" yet. However, if you wish to read some information about me, you can visit my personal website at "pedroamaro.com" (it's slightly outdated, but just a couple of months or so). Any doubts, just ask.

Pedro
    Last edited by megrisoft; 02-08-2006, 10:41 AM.

Just a small note to add that we're also considering accepting someone working in part-time (around 15h per week). For this case, the work would include all areas (mobile games, mobile content, banners/logos, etc). If you wish to apply for this option, please include your expected earnings per month.

Comment

Working...
    X