Culture, Spirituality, and Indian Ashram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Culture, Spirituality, and Indian Ashram

While it seems like everyone is practicing yoga these days, more and more people are thinking of taking that journey to India to explore the deeper aspects of the cultural traditions of the ancient and historically rich country. But most people do not know what they are getting into, and there are thousands of ashrams in India, all selling a new punch line to get tourists into their school. Finding the right teacher is hard, and some ashrams are located in the middle of big cities which can be very overwhelming for a new traveler to India.

I personally spent some time in the Tureya Ashram in Kodaikanal in Southern India, and I think I just lucked out with this one because it is on the side of a mountain where the climate was always perfect and the food was fresh, even grown on the grounds itself. Even better where the teaching which covered a wide variety of pracitices from the Indian tradition including tantra, kriya, kundalini, yoga psychology, and yoga therapy. It was a real synergy between the old and the new which I found very rewarding.

Just give them a try on their website at www.indiashram.com

all the best,

worldyogi
Working...
X