10 million 'missing' female births in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 million 'missing' female births in India

A new study published in the online edition of the Lancet, has found that over the past two decades around 10 million female foetuses may have been aborted in India.

The study concludes that prenatal sex determination, followed by abortion of female foetuses may be the reason for the alarming 10 million 'missing' female births.

The researchers also found that the deficit in the number of girls born as second children was more than twice as great in educated than illiterate mothers, but did not vary by religion.

Based on the natural sex ratio from other countries, the team estimated that around 13.6 to 13.8 million girls should have been born in 1997 in India. However, the actual number was 13.1 million - a deficit of 0.59 - 0.74 million female births.
    Megrisoft Team Member
    Search India

On one side, we are saying 'Women condition is improving in India, They come forward in every field' AND on other side , these Indians are doing such a horrible crime. Disgusting, Its really shame for us.
    Megrisoft Team Member
    Search India

Comment

The increasing number of female foeticide in our country is a clear sign that we are still living in an orthodox era, adopting a narrow approach towards the various prospects of life.
      The sure way to stop this brutal and cunning act is to educate people and make them aware of the importance of the girl child in today’s world. The people need to acknowledge that the girl is no longer a burden but a bread-winner of the family.

Come forward and tell others your steps to stop female foeticide.
      Last edited by megrisoft; 01-10-2006, 11:03 AM.
      Megrisoft Team Member
      Search India

Comment

This mainly happened in Punjab. That's what the article said. Common abolish dowry. If girls can take money they can also bring money to home. man common. India!!
        This is not what we want.

Comment

No, this happened in all over India
          Megrisoft Team Member
          Search India

Comment

Most of the people dont like female child because they think, it will be hard for them to find good groom for her, & if they will get than boys family will ask for more dowry and after that also they don't know how much safe their daughter will be in boys family. Most of educated girl tries to find some good match for themself by making friendship with boys & boys those who are smart they make that girl fall in love with them after that they do what ever they like with that girl.... so girl should be smart enough to handle such boys other wise... there will be more difficulty for them to get hubby. Other than this most of people have mentality that Boy will carry generation name and many more reason....

Money can buy all type of groom such as Doctor, Engineer,Adminstrative Officers, IPS, IFS etc. Government Employe, Journalist, Lawyer, Business Man....they have their rates.... Buy all those groom or make your daughter like them .. (i.e. Doctor engineer etc.)

You know Many boys who were studying with me in my class during my PG they said ... I need degree to get good educated wife who can earn or lot of dowry ....

So those parent who think that they will not be able to protect, & will not be able to give good life to their daughter they do abortion of female foetuses.

Some Educated Male are Mentally sick....

I am male but i an not sick... I am too good up till now

Last edited by sunilkumar; 01-11-2006, 05:33 PM.
            "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

But I have seen in some families, mainly man pressurise the woman to get her chid aborted.
              Megrisoft Team Member
              Search India

Comment

Working...
              X