Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

India Was Home To The First Republics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India Was Home To The First Republics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of people assume democracy was practiced first by the Greeks but this is far from the truth. Well at least when it comes to representative democracy (republic).

The first republics were used in ancient India, as mentioned in this article;

The earliest use of democracy in a civilization was found in republics in ancient India, which were established sometime before the 6th century BC, and prior to the birth of Buddha.[1] These republics were known as Maha Janapadas, and among these states, Vaishali (in what is now Bihar, India) was the world's first republic. Later during the time of Alexander the Great in the 4th century BC, the Greeks wrote about the Sabarcae and Sambastai states in what is now Pakistan and Afghanistan, whose "form of government was democratic and not regal" according to Greek scholars at the time.
    The more I learn about Indian history and culture the more I am amazed! Indians have done it all! Astronomy, cosmology, physics, mathematics, arts, literature, and now republicanism!

But American are teaching worng history of Ancient india in california in school ok... they are teaching worng meaning of hinduism.....
    "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Originally posted by sunilkumar
      But American are teaching worng history of Ancient india in california in school ok... they are teaching worng meaning of hinduism.....
      really?
      how?
      i mean wt are they teaching?
      comments expected !!!

Comment

anonymous <=== I am in UK for official work still i see/read Indian News, Now you are going to take admission in XLRI reputed MBA college it will be better for you to see/read Indian News coz business is also affected by political environment and many more thing...... this is my advice rest is upto you....

Management person should be all-rounder .. .. i hope u understand

Talk of religion make no sense coz we are not going to achive anything by it.... we can only hurt sentiment of few people those who are ignorant

Its me always human
        Sunilkumar
        Last edited by sunilkumar; 03-08-2006, 03:04 PM.
        "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Working...
        X