Indian Team to head for Pakistan on Jan 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Team to head for Pakistan on Jan 5

The Rahul Dravid-led Indian cricket team will leave for Lahore on January 5 to play Pakistan in a three-test and five ODI series that begins from January 13.

The five match one-day series would begin at Peshawar on February 6 and the team will return home on February 19.

The complete itinerary is as follows:

5th January : Departure to Lahore

7-9 January : Three-day practice match

13-17 January : First Test at Lahore

21-25 January : Second Test at Faisalabad

29th January-2nd February : Third Test at Karachi

6th February : First ODI at Peshawar

8th February : Second ODI at Rawalpiindi

12th February : Third ODI at Lahore

15th February : Fourth ODI Multan

18th February : Fifth ODI at Karachi

19th February : Return back to India

All the best 'Men in Blue'
    Last edited by megrisoft; 12-26-2005, 02:42 PM.
    Megrisoft Team Member
    Search India

First of all Thanks for the Series Schedule Megrisoft

Guys who do you think will win the Test and One day series this time?
    Last edited by sunil; 12-26-2005, 02:12 PM.
    Link Building Resources
    Directory of Search Engines

Comment

Hope and wish also that India will win the series. After all, they have the wishes of billions of Indians. They have to proof that they are the best.
      Buck Up Indian Team & Good Luck...
      Megrisoft Team Member
      Search India

Comment

Yup ofcourse Team India will win. But they need to play well. They have the potential to beat them. They will beat them.

Comment

Earlier before going to play against Pakistan when Ganguly was captain, Tendulkar said they will win and make us proud, But now for this series he is saying that pakistan team is good so it will be very tough .. ... As per my opinion dont put money on India blindly ....
          "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Now there is little bit change in series schedule :

Feb 13 - Third one-dayer, Lahore

Feb 16 - Fourth one-dayer, Multan

Feb 19 - Fifth one-dayer, Karachi
            Megrisoft Team Member
            Search India

Comment

that's cool. India will still win.

Comment

Wish India will win.
                Megrisoft Team Member
                Search India

Comment

I want to say some thing to Mr. Rajsingh Dungarpur ...that is he must concentrate on team management not on ganguly management .. every now and then he is giving statement on ganguly ...
                  why you are scared of ganguly Mr. dungarpur?.... Mr dungarpur i think you are now old and you don't remember what you say .... Now its high time give some one else oppurtunity to become manager of Indian team...
                  when are you going to retier Mr Rajsingh ?

Mr chapple that make no sense that best 11 will play...
                  because I believe best 11 as per condition provided should play in match ...

And please don't make hanky panky statement on any player....

Team manager work is to motivate every player and provide them security of their place in the team so that they can perform upto their potential.

Shard Pawar Ji .... do some thing...Rajsingh dungapurji's statement is not old it is a recent statement

Good to see all the Indian top order batsman scored run in 3 day practice match in Pakistan... I Hope they will perform upto their potential in every match.

Its me cricket lover Sunilkumar
                  Last edited by sunilkumar; 01-12-2006, 11:20 PM.
                  "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

January 13-17, 2006, 1st Test
                    Venue: Lahore

Pakistan won toss & elected to bat

In my Earlier post (on different thread) i said ==> India should mark Shohib Malik, Afridi, Inzamam, Younis khan, Yousuf Yuhanaa, as per bowling Pakistan is good at their home. & In Pakistan Indian Batsman should play their part Don’t expect player like Ajit, Harbhajan & kumble to score run against Pakistan.

End of day 1 of test match
                    Pakistan :- Total: 326-2 (in 85 overs) | Curr. RR: 3.84

Sohib Malik scored 59
                    Younis Khan not out 147
                    Md Yousuf not out 95

I already said that this above player should be marked ...

Mr. Chapple should understand that every team is made up of individual, so if you can mark any single individual you can create hole in Iron wall of oposition to destroy them

As per the team combination I would have prefered Zahir khan Playing in this match. It was Useless to have Harbhajhan or Kumble for this match only one spinner was required, the wicket is very flat, kumble was bowling round the wicket he was trying to stop run on first day of test match and trying to bowl on rough surface. First day was totally dominated by pakistani batsman no indian bowler was upto their standard. The wickect of lahore is good for fast bowler and batsman.
                    Pathan and Agarkar are not fast bowler zaheer had some what good pace. Ganguly was most economical bowler 6 over 14 run but without wicket & in test we need wicket, Dravid has not given bowling to tendulkar. I think leg-break of tendulkar would have done some thing for india on first day of this test match. On first day 326-2 is a big score.

The way Pakistani batsman are playing it seems like they are going to score 600 plus

And i All ready said on this thread earlier --> As per my opinion dont put money on India blindly .... Even i like india to win....

Shohib Malik, Younis, Youhana puts Pakistan in commanding posistion at the end of First day.

that it for now....

Its me Sunilkumar
                    Last edited by sunilkumar; 01-13-2006, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunilkumar

[COLOR=DarkRed
                      In my Earlier post (on different thread) i said ==> India should mark Shohib Malik, Afridi, Inzamam, Younis khan, Yousuf Yuhanaa, [/COLOR]
                      SunilKumar Don't mind but let me know who else in the Pakistani team left. I think they should make an strategy against every Pakistani batsman and Bolwer If the want to repeat the performance when they toured last time in Pakistan.
                      Link Building Resources

Comment

january 14 2006

Pakistan's 1st innings Score Pakistan 679/7d
                        Superb knocks from Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf (i.e Yousuf Yuhanaa), Shahid Afridi and Kamran Akmal ensure that Pakistan put on a massive score India now have to do exceptionally well to save the match and follow-on.

I can say the wicket is batting wicket, I hope india will also going to do good on this trak India have to bat in their first inning for minimum two days, to save this match... otherwise pakistan is in very good position...

Dravid and Sehwag are opener for first inning of this game.

I would have prefred Yuvraj and sehwag both are young and both are attacking, people say yuvraj is not technically good to open the inning i can say even sehwag is not good technically, but yuvraj is better player of fast bowling ... thing that matter most is the attack... Attack is the best defence for this ongoing game but attack should be sensible we all know it is a batting wicket..... Dravid is a wall and he should come to play when score on board is 150 plus ... which can frustrate oposition....

Stupid act was done by chappel and dravid asking ganguly to open the inning in ground they can have such talk in dressing room... media is after ganguly & chappel, even if they will go in toilet they are going to show that they are in toilet ..... I had also played cricket such talk are normal talk no need to show such talk on TV or to create issue... many time captain wants to send those guy on ground who are more confident.... right now ganguly is not confident thats it....

Dravid should not temper his own batting order.. i know he is good player he can handle pressure very well in test match he can open the inning he is technically sound with lots of guts to face the pace also... but if he opens inning that means india is on defensive mood.... I dont have any doubt in dravid ability as opener he is good. But fact always remains the same if he open india is in defensive mood....

Tendulkar opens in one-day for india, he can also open in test match .... so we have many player who can open for india, even ganguly can open but right now he is not confident which is understandable....

Second day of this test belong to pakistan ...

Below is Reply to sunil (not in context with this match)
                        sunil team is made of 11 player and i said to mark 5 player but if indian can mark shohib malik and younis khan than also.... India will have upper hand... note one thing afridi is not technically sound he slogs, you just think y he is not able to play against south africa and australia... even shohib malik is not able to play agaisnt them... fact is that for test match younis khan, youhanaa, inzy is the key for pakistan. and they are able to play good knock because of the side role played by sohib malik and afridi. Personally i think pakistan dont have good bowling side only Sohib Akhtar can create some terror in indian sqad. And India have Pathan Zahir kumble & bhaji all can change the game by bowl also.

that's it for now
                        Last edited by sunilkumar; 01-15-2006, 06:22 PM.

Comment

January 15 2006

End of day 3 of first test due to Bad light

Total: 145-0 (28) | Curr. RR: 5.18
                          *V Sehwag not out 96
                          *R Dravid not out 37

As predicted earlier wicket is batting wicket .. but still pakistan have chance to bowl out india two time in two day.
                          Because of rain & wind there can me more swing so pakistani have some chance to pull this game in their favour ..but seeing the batting lineup of india ... i think this test match will be draw...

Good to see sehwag scoring .... and the rate at which indian opener were playing 5.18 is good, but it's not a surprise, when sehwag is on wicket we can expect this only.

that's it for now

Last edited by sunilkumar; 01-15-2006, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Below is Reply to sunil (not in context with this match)
                            sunil team is made of 11 player and i said to mark 5 player but if indian can mark shohib malik and younis khan than also.... India will have upper hand... note one thing afridi is not technically sound he slogs, you just think y he is not able to play against south africa and australia... even shohib malik is not able to play agaisnt them... fact is that for test match younis khan, youhanaa, inzy is the key for Pakistan. and they are able to play good knock because of the side role played by sohib malik and afridi. Personally i think pakistan dont have good bowling side only Sohib Akhtar can create some terror in indian sqad. And India have Pathan Zahir kumble & bhaji all can change the game by bowl also.

I am sorry Sunilkumar once again I am not agreed with your reply. You said that Shoaib Malik and Afridi are technically not good, I agree but they are scoring runs agains India.
                            and about bowling prediction I think Pakistan have better bowling attack than India at the moment. You forgot Danish Kaneria he is very dangerous bowler at the end of test matches. I pray that he will not bowl like he balled against England... And Rana Naved is a brilliant bowler I think he can move the bowl both ways and have got fair speed as well, And Sami can bowl long spell with serious pace and can be lethal weapon for Pakistan on seamy wicket.
                            But you made a good point and I agree that Rahul should bat at NO.1 spot or in middle order. Just imagine if he gets out in first 5 overs I don't think that any player in the Indian cricket team is in the good form so that can held on end and play positively.
                            I want Agarkar and Bhajji sholud be ruled out for the next text. I know I am a bit harsh on Bhajji but most of the Pakistani batsman are good player of off spin bowling and they score freely against him. What do you think guys??
                            Link Building Resources

Comment

January 16 2006
                              At end of Day four game stopped due to bad light

India: 403-0 (75) |
                              *V Sehwag 247 (240)
                              *R Dravid 128 (227)
                              Partnership: 403 run(s) in 467 ball(s)

From Pakistan side best bowler up till now
                              S Akhtar 15- Over, 6-Madan 45-rusns 0-wicket 4-no ball 1-wide

Sunil I will stick to that shohib Akhtar can only make some terror in Indian Squad, as far sami he had a pace but he is inconsistent, he don't know art of taking wicket the way India had batted on this wicket it seems as pakistan don't have any bowler in their side... as far Indian is concerned, I still think Indian bowler are more brainy compare to pakistani bowler....on such a flat wicket Indian bowler had taken 5 wicket... but pakistani has not taken any wicket, danish will not be effective aginst Indian. Indian are good player of spin bowling compare to other country.. Danish can be good aginst England, South Africa, West Indies but against India and Australia he will not be effective...Naved is a new commer he can show his talent but this Indian batting lineup can make any team misserable on their day and if wicket like this is provided then team should not take bowler in their playing eleven...

Naved still have to prove, he is not shohib just pace will not do against India, The days are gone where indian were not good against pace now Indian batsman are more attacking, so they don't play game to save matches they play for win earlier Indian were playing to save the match...

Still i believe, zahir, Pathan and kumble are better yea Bhaji will not be effective against pakistani but team selection shuould be based on the wicket of venue, agarkar is not a bowler of test match he is player of one-dayers. In test you required pace that what agarkar is not able to generate.

In this match very less Yorker was bowled by sami and akhtar because the margin of error is very less and half volley can be smashed for boundary, & bowler were trying to stop run rather than taking wicket....

Sehwag and Dravid played brilliant knock ...even if batting wicket is provided batsman has to score so I will not like to take any credit from them... I think the way sehwag is playing & wicket is provided he can make 400 run in this match note:- only 153 runs are remaining

Sami is future of pakistan cricket but right now I will not consider him as match winner like akram or waqar or shohib. But kumble, Zahir & Pathan can win match for India. Even Bhaji can do that but I personally believe pakistani are good player of off spin bowler.

Afridi and Sohib Malik are not technically sound that's why I said to mark such player who score and provide platform for other pakistani batsman to score.

There was discussion in NDTV on issue of Ganguly and Dravid (speculation to Open the inning) well i just want to say every thing should be talked in dressing room, because it is a game all player want to win nobody likes to lose, team is a family and family issue should not be public... tactics which are been decided should be private that should not be public. In a team all member have right to say, every time captain cannot be right, most of the player are so scared of their position they will not say few good things to their captain because captain ego can be hurt.... healthy discussion by all team member can be done in dressing room related to match...

I still believe Wasim Akram was the best bowler in histroy of game.

Imran Khan was good captian because he had utilized his limited resource (i.e team member) very efficiently for Pakistan. I also believe he was good captain to motivate his team member.

Ganguly, Steve Waugh, Ponting, Mark tailor, Loyed, Hansie Cornje they are also considered as good captain but other team member who played under them were also good. So they all have good resource when they were captaining there side.... After match fixing issue in India ganguly did great job for India and he was equally supported by other team member.

Thats it For Now

Last edited by sunilkumar; 01-16-2006, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X