Why are Indians so hostile to China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonathan
    That's simply not true at all. You know it's not true. Most Chinese could not even recognize the Indian flag, they have very little negative or positive passion towards India. All "anti-India" statements stem first from misinformed anti-China statements or from exaggerated claims of India surpassing China. An evidence-based rebuttal against anti-China statements should not be considered as "anti-India."
    first of all, Indians are in general not interested in china or its development. we are busy with our own and don't give a rat's *** to china. thats the reason u will find chinese on indian forums and not the other way.
    problem with chinese is they are not able to digest the fact that india is cutting into their share of foreign investments and its not India that talks about India and china but the rest of the world.

How often have u heard the term fastest growing economy and only china's name being mentioned there. its a new world order and many developing countries are on their way to modernisation. china started way early , 1978 to be precise and so is naturally ahead of india. now when u talk of making comparisions u forget this basic fact that india started its reform policy two decades later. if after this u want to put some statistics and compare india and china then u should compare urself with US or Germany and you will get the picture.

i will tell u whats ur problem. u are developing but the mindset is still old. u want to be "the" superpower like US is today. thats not possible and the sooner u realise that the better for u. the global world will be an arena for all the countries, even from Africa and you should not start putting statistics to show ur development when zanzibar begins its economic development program

i hope i have shed some light on the anti chinese feelings here. if u look in ur own house first before throwing stones on other u ll not be embaraased.

Another reason is that china is a secret society to the rest of world even today. it doesn't help when news breaks of chinese soldiers shooting tibetan civilians trying to cross the border. we don't know whether to believe the chinese heart or not because communism has a doping effect on all the followers and we dont know what u have been doped with
    I 'll show u a new world!

Comment

snower doesn't care. He's got a thick as a rhino skin and just wants to create troubles here

Comment

as a Chinese, we can promise that large part of Chinese with friendly to neighbor India. No one Anti-India on purpose.
        i also can understand why India heat Chinese? because of competition.
        Kidd is cool

Comment

We have never hated anyone. We just don't trust china because of its government. look what the communists did to students in tiennemann square and to tibetans. thats why we don't trust china. we think chinese government is evil

Comment

I got to correct you Neo. Most Indians don't care two hoots about what happens inside China or in Tibet but they are wary of China laying claims over territory that forms the Union of India since 1947.

Comment

Observer:
              The dispute of the territory has lasted for so long time,that is the task of our polititians.There is no point that we shout at each other here.Calm down and talk something else.
              I think our two goverments are all behaving very strang.It is very obviouse that the territory issue is not a easy issue which impossiblly to be solved in short future.So my suggestion to these two goverments is: Give up the dispute,and accept the fact. Then we can built up our new-relation and grow up together. Sooner or later this issue will be solved,maybe in our generation maybe in our next generation.
              Life is so good ,why should we spend our time hating people,we should make the best of our time to make friens.If the issue is too tough,ok,let's avoid it.If u don't think about the issue,the issue is nothing no matter how important it is.
              There r also some extremers in china that cry everyday for the territory we lost to india.They are also very senseless,I don't like them. My idea is:Fact is fact ,no mather u like it or not.If u don't like it ,then try to change it, if u cann't change then bear it silently .Crying everyday is definitly not a good solution,because after all we live every daily life,in evryday's life we need happiness instead of crying.

Comment

So If I need to stick to this topic"Why are Indians so hostile to China?".
                First,we need do an investigation about this topic.If indian people really are hostile to china,I will suggest these indian people with ill feeling "Pls, stop your ill feeling, your ill feeling can help nothing "
                If the outcome of the investigation is "Indians are not hostile to China".Then we should not make this topic so hot,just let it down,because it is rumour.
                So my indian friends,answer my question by your heart.Are you hostile to china? No explaination,simply tell me:yes or no?

Comment

I knew some staff in the Indian Embassy in Beijing some years back.
                  I must say they were very friendly to China and eager to make Chinese friends. I did not feel any hostility on their part. They were impressed by what they saw in China and admited that the Chinese political system, however authoritarian, worked well.
                  Hostile talk about China is a game played by politicians for their own personal gains.

Comment

i am from shanghai and hv been to india many times.....generally people there are kind and friendly as chinese....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{snower: " he he" "he he" "he he".} So the chinese govt discussed all its cards with u? Your president must have invited u that come mr. snower lets discuss the strategies on india. {"he he" he he"}

Were u born upside down from ur mothers womb?? Or did u father eat a mad chicken and then gave birth to u??---
                    it is really stupid for rohit to say this....

come to china once you will know that india is around 15 years behind china in most of sectors except software and banking. And i personally think china and india shud walk together instead of fighting...If flight, India will loose and US & Russia will benefit from this...

Comment

Originally posted by Yeah_Right!
                      I heard that chinese are such peace-loving people. Then why do you create hell for the Tibetans? They have been driven off their homes, live as refugees in India? What do you have to say for that?
                      Do you need to be reminded of what India did to annex Sikhim and Kashmir? Your record is no better.

The Chinese government did terrible things, such as Tian An Men square incident. It is learning from its mistakes and is bent on improving the livelihood of the people sometimes in disregard of democracy.

India government is a good example of political tolerance in this regard, and an example of incompetence in helping poor masses.

Comment

Originally posted by Agra
                        Do you need to be reminded of what India did to annex Sikhim and Kashmir? Your record is no better.

The Chinese government did terrible things, such as Tian An Men square incident. It is learning from its mistakes and is bent on improving the livelihood of the people sometimes in disregard of democracy.

India government is a good example of political tolerance in this regard, and an example of incompetence in helping poor masses.
                        ur being judgemental...the present day US as you see today was not always the same, it also had poor masses so did UK and france. but they managed to remove that by democratic means. communism is not the only competent form of governance as the fall of USSR should have taught you.

east germany is very poor compared to west even after unification. i don't think the lot of farmers in china is any better than those in india. lets stop pretending the superiority of our governments. both have a lot to achieve.

Comment

come to china once you will know that india is around 15 years behind china in most of sectors except software and banking. And i personally think china and india shud walk together instead of fighting...If flight, India will loose and US & Russia will benefit from this...
                          no one denies that...china began reforms 20 years earlier than india and is 20 years ahead in infrastructure and industries. that true but pls stop behaving like this is not 20 years but 200. important point is both india and china are developing. instead of showing one other down people should focus on themselves.

the other day on ABC was a program in which the host made awful mockery of chinese language on live TV. it shows even now the west considers east as second grade. instead of basking in what we have achieved, lets continue doing better.

Comment

As far as I know,India started the discussion of reforming even earlier than china,india also started the actual reform earlier.But the problem is that the indian goverment never could do one thing with determination.They talked alot and discussed alot without any conclusion.This is the reason now india is much behind china.But indian goverment is very good at finding excuse,they say "we started reform late, so now we r behind" .Indian goverment makes itself alive by cheating and amusing itself as well as the indian people.
                            Last edited by chinesemilitaryfan; 12-15-2006, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chinesemilitaryfan
                              So If I need to stick to this topic"Why are Indians so hostile to China?".
                              First,we need do an investigation about this topic.If indian people really are hostile to china,I will suggest these indian people with ill feeling "Pls, stop your ill feeling, your ill feeling can help nothing "
                              If the outcome of the investigation is "Indians are not hostile to China".Then we should not make this topic so hot,just let it down,because it is rumour.
                              So my indian friends,answer my question by your heart.Are you hostile to china? No explaination,simply tell me:yes or no?
                              Most of them will say No. They may be unfriendly, but not hostile.

Many of them envy China, to start with, and wish that their own government hampered by "democracy" could be as efficient as China.
                              I would say they are simply jealous so much so that they resort to bad-mouthing China's lack of democracy.

I do not understand why some Indians call China a back-stabber.

Comment

Originally posted by chinesemilitaryfan
                                As far as I know,India started the discussion of reforming even earlier than china,india also started the actual reform earlier.But the problem is that the indian goverment never could do one thing with determination.They talked alot and discussed alot without any conclusion.This is the reason now india is much behind china.But indian goverment is very good at finding excuse,they say "we started reform late, so now we r behind" .Indian goverment makes itself alive by cheating and amusing itself as well as the indian people.
                                i think u have no idea of history. i suggest u take up some lessons on your country's reform process and then we can have a discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X