Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

India struggles to catch China (BBC news)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if u want me to impress by visiting china,i invite you to visit bangalore or hyderabad. u will not see skyscrapers because we don't need them but you will see all the MNCs u ever heard of lining the technology parks and some having huge campuses. if u visit ISRO you will see the kind of R&D facility they have there. people tend to forget that economic sanctions after the nuclear tests in 1995 din't cripple indian economy like it has done to north korea for example.
    Since you mention R&D center, you can take a look at the following Huawei's headquator. There are hundreds of similar R&D centers in China.

Comment

Originally posted by googleabcd
      Since you mention R&D center, you can take a look at the following Huawei's headquator. There are hundreds of similar R&D centers in China.

http://market.huawei.com/hwgg/photos/en/
      I THINK is a failure of understanding here. why should I visit and see what china wants to do. We in India don't give a rats a** to that, i hope you realise that. We are too busy with developing our own country why should we bother what are china's plan for the next 5 years?

remember, I am not the one who is visiting chinese forums. you are on an indian forum. and the point completely escapes your attention that i have been making since long.

no one is denying china's achievement. its chinese here on indian forums denying india's achievement. i am not comparing india to china. its u who is doing so and making summary judgements. thats why i asked to you to visit the sites.

but as i see being a chinese somehow makes you blind to any thing other than china even japan is nothing for you. well for the rest of the world japan is still a powerful economy so i will let you live with ur biased mentality.

as for export driven economy, the less i say about the trade surplus of china with cheap manufacturing products in us market, the better.

my conclusion is that china is developing but chinese are biased and as i said earlier they think they are the only country developing. there is no point in discussing any topic with a biased person(s).
      I 'll show u a new world!

Comment

eye opener for the biased

if buildings are all that matters

there are lot of others on this site to satisfy the marketing gurus on this forum who refuse to open their eyes. and all of these are not from bangalore as most outsiders would assume. if people are interested in residential buildings pls let me know and i will fulfill that desire too

i don't have the time and patience to put all the images here so do self service and visit the link on the other forum...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Neo; 12-24-2006, 01:14 AM.

Comment

To be honest, most of the rendings look really bad, like the work from some low class compnay. Infosys should hire some professional company to design these buildings.

Second, while India's IT almost 100% depends on out sourcing, China focuses on building Chinese brands.
          For example, Huawei spends billions of dollars on R&D and they fire tens of thousands of patents every year. Nowadays, huawei is already able to compete with CISCO, Nortel worldwide.

The third generaion of Dragon Chip CPU just came up, which is able to compete with INTEL p4.
          The next gold is to compete with the latest CPU of Intel/AMD, I am sure most Chinese people will buy the Dragon Chip once it comes to the retail market.

In the software field, China already has
          -4 out of the top10 global websites
          -the second largest search engine(baidu)
          -the second largest instant messenger(tencent).
          -The largest real-time Carrier billing systems

I was working in China TOP10 software companies and now working in North American TOP 10 companies.
          I can say that in the software field expect OS/Database, China is almost at the same level as U.S/Canada.

Originally posted by Neo
          if buildings are all that matters

there are lot of others on this site to satisfy the marketing gurus on this forum who refuse to open their eyes. and all of these are not from bangalore as most outsiders would assume. if people are interested in residential buildings pls let me know and i will fulfill that desire too

i don't have the time and patience to put all the images here so do self service and visit the link on the other forum...

Comment

To be honest, most of the rendings look really bad, like the work from some low class compnay. Infosys should hire some professional company to design these buildings.

Second, while India's IT almost 100% depends on out sourcing, China focuses on building Chinese brands.
            For example, Huawei spends billions of dollars on R&D and they fire tens of thousands of patents every year. Nowadays, huawei is already able to compete with CISCO, Nortel worldwide.

The third generaion of Dragon Chip CPU just came up, which is able to compete with INTEL p4.
            The next gold is to compete with the latest CPU of Intel/AMD, I am sure most Chinese people will buy the Dragon Chip once it comes to the retail market.

In the software field, China already has
            -4 out of the top10 global websites
            -the second largest search engine(baidu)
            -the second largest instant messenger(tencent).
            -The largest real-time Carrier billing systems

I was working in China TOP10 software companies and now working in North American TOP 10 companies.
            I can say that in the software field expect OS/Database, China is almost at the same level as U.S/Canada.
            again, you show ample proof of ur biased opinion but since you started it let me show u some truth.
            to the rest of the world china's industry are nothing but a cheap manufacturing outsourcing location. see any chinese product and its a cheap, low quality copy of some standard brand. the only exceptions are brands like lenovo, sony which you don't design but manufacture in chinese factories once the design is done in europe or usa.
            ur assertion about india's IT being totally based on outsourcing shows you don't know beyong infosys. SAP has a development center in india specifically for the asia pacific market. they are developing products designed totally and developed totally in india. if u want to know more search about mobile sales as a SAP product. as for telecommunications, huwaie is one example of which, there are innumerable companies involved in designing 5th or next generation mobile chips in india. huwaie is just big in size. bigger is not necessarily better. youtube and google are example of this.

the dragon chip and the search engine you are talking about is big in sales because of the population of china. its like india saying it has the best car industry because its home made car from Tatas sell the most...lol...

for me, china is nothing but a copy cat. be it electronics or buildings you just immitate things and then boast of it. look at coby DVD player, or pike shoes and you will know. even ur cities are immitation of the cities of west because the british modelled hong kong on that and now you are copying it.

china has lost its identity in copying the west and the reputation of its products is the same, cheap but low quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
              china has lost its identity in copying the west and the reputation of its products is the same, cheap but low quality.
              Maybe. But still better than indian products, which are expensive and of lower quality,

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                ur assertion about india's IT being totally based on outsourcing shows you don't know beyong infosys. SAP has a development center in india specifically for the asia pacific market. they are developing products designed totally and developed totally in india. if u want to know more search about mobile sales as a SAP product. as for telecommunications, huwaie is one example of which, there are innumerable companies involved in designing 5th or next generation mobile chips in india. huwaie is just big in size. bigger is not necessarily better. youtube and google are example of this.[/url]
                Is SAP an indian company?
                Do you really understand what is indian brand and what is foreign investment?
                There are some "BIG" R&D centers in China, including Microsoft Asia R&D Center and IBM Asia R&D center. But we Chinese never be proud of them and seldom mention them in public because they are NOT chinese brands.

Let's me tell you one principle in business nowadays. Bigger companies always win simply because they can have lower cost and more resources than the smaller ones.

dragon chip and the search engine you are talking about is big in sales because of the population of china. its like india saying it has the best car industry because its home made car from Tatas sell the most...lol...
                Well, Baidu is not entering Korea and Japan's search engine market.
                According to my(our) personal experience, there is no much difference in the search results between Baidu and Google. However, can you say that indian cars is almost the same as Toyota/Honda?

for me, china is nothing but a copy cat. be it electronics or buildings you just immitate things and then boast of it. look at coby DVD player, or pike shoes and you will know. even ur cities are immitation of the cities of west because the british modelled hong kong on that and now you are copying it.
                China's companies are already devided into three levels. The low level companies produce the products you can find in Wal-Mart and they offers job positions to lots of common Chinese people.
                The middle level companies focuses on domestic Chinese market, like telecommunication networks.
                The high class companies such as Huawei, Lenovo, Baidu are now focusing on the international market.

At last, I want to mention the following news:
                Chinese R&D expenditure has overtook the counterpart of Japan.
                China has overtaken Japan to become the second biggest spender on research and development behind the US, a report from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development revealed.

The country is expected to invest $136bn in research and development this year after growing by more than 20 per cent in the past year, ahead of the the $130bn from Japan but still well behind the $330bn the US will invest, the OECD said.

The report is the latest indication of the dramatic rise in research spending in China, which is beginning to cause concerns among western governme

(Excerpt) Read more at ft.com ...

Last edited by googleabcd; 12-26-2006, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Do you really understand what is indian brand and what is foreign investment?
                  There are some "BIG" R&D centers in China, including Microsoft Asia R&D Center and IBM Asia R&D center. But we Chinese never be proud of them and seldom mention them in public because they are NOT chinese brands.
                  Have u heard of the most selling banking softwares? have u heard of iflex, kanbay, infosys, wipro, satyam ? unlike chinese we indians don't brag on forums so may be u have not heard of them..

Let's me tell you one principle in business nowadays. Bigger companies always win simply because they can have lower cost and more resources than the smaller ones.
                  manufacturing yes..service and enterprenership...a big no...do u know craigslist has only 26 employees and gets 2nd most hits? youtube, hotmail, google all started by few intelligent men not a mob...

Well, Baidu is not entering Korea and Japan's search engine market.
                  According to my(our) personal experience, there is no much difference in the search results between Baidu and Google. However, can you say that indian cars is almost the same as Toyota/Honda?
                  according to my personal experience, there's no difference between a tata indica and a suzuki 800, both are small smart, fuel efficient cars for indian conditions...but point is has anyone heard of baidu outside china and the oriental? no...i don't go to baidu to search for baidu for example...i ( and the rest of the world..leaving out ur 1 billion probably) will still trust google and honda rather than baidu or indica...

China's companies are already devided into three levels. The low level companies produce the products you can find in Wal-Mart and they offers job positions to lots of common Chinese people.
                  The middle level companies focuses on domestic Chinese market, like telecommunication networks.
                  The high class companies such as Huawei, Lenovo, Baidu are now focusing on the international market.
                  is this not a international thing? what u thought that china is the only country having different level of expertise in companies? what is the percentage of the high class companies relative to the mediocre? can u provide figures?

At last, I want to mention the following news:
                  Chinese R&D expenditure has overtook the counterpart of Japan.
                  China has overtaken Japan to become the second biggest spender on research and development behind the US, a report from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development revealed.
                  this is investment in future...good for u...lets see what benefits will come after 20 years....for the present lets focus on what the current status is..china is a manufacturing hub for production as per western designs...for the coming few decades the labels will still read

"designed in CA"
                  "made in china"

it will take another 50 years for chinese products to be competitive in international market...i have not heard any chinese brand cars selling in US till date....nor have i heard chinese designed laptops....phones....what exactly do chinese design and that i have heard of and bought???

nothing....may be u design and consume everything urself....but thats not world economy is it???

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                    i have not heard any chinese brand cars selling in US till date....
                    haha, typical indian IQ...

google chinese Cherry car sold in US. you would be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by snower
                      haha, typical indian IQ...

google chinese Cherry car sold in US. you would be surprised.

yeah idiot...may be stupid chinese like u living in usa buy ur cherry...haha

was not enough that u proved ur stupidity on this forum again and again that ur back u dung brain....lolz...

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                        yeah idiot...may be stupid chinese like u living in usa buy ur cherry...haha

was not enough that u proved ur stupidity on this forum again and again that ur back u dung brain....lolz...
                        neo, please polish your broken english. your british master had been teaching you english for 250 years, but i'm sorry to see you are still writing this childish stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by snower
                          neo, please polish your broken english. your british master had been teaching you english for 250 years, but i'm sorry to see you are still writing this childish stuff.
                          of all the people if u talk about language thats a real tragedy...hahahaha

Comment

THanks for showing off. I was bored nice to see yours dream. Hopefully it comes true someday. "someday"

Comment

snower you built your country nicely by begging yen from Japanese banks I see lol....bloody japanese slaves.

Comment

Working...
                              X