End of an innings for Kiran Bedi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of an innings for Kiran Bedi

IT’S OVER: Kiran Bedi, India’s first woman IPS officer,left the office in New Delhi on Wednesday after her plea for premature voluntary retirement was accepted by the Union Government. Hours after the Union Government’s decision to accept her plea for voluntary retirement was made public on Wednesday, the country’s first woman IPS officer lamented the premature end of her 35-year-long illustrious career as “truly not imagined…but necessary to drive home a point”.
    “It has been a life worth living. It has been a profession of my soul and heart. And truly, the end it has met was not imagined. But this was what the situation had demanded and it was necessary to drive home a point,” said Kiran Bedi without trying to hide her emotions.
    The much talked about Magsaysay Award winner had submitted her application for voluntary retirement this past mid-November saying she wanted to quit in order to pursue her academic and social interests. The Government last week indicated that it would continue to avail itself of her services for its National Police Mission project, but she had rejected the offer saying she was not willing to work “for the Government” any more.

Well this is how the people who are true to their jobs and duty are treated in India.
    IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
    IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Kiran Bedi is a lady of strong principles and the fact that she has served the corruption ridden country for 35 years itself explains her incredible character full of virtues and merits. It wouldn't have been simply 'a difficult job' to shoulder the responsibilities of an IPS officer for a woman in a biased male society. She must have walked a long path full of thorns.

I don't think Kiran Bedi's premature retirement is as plain as it looks. There must be something that has forced her to consider voluntary retirement - something behind the scenes that has more to do with the bureaucracy than the demands of her personal life. Her displeasure with the Government has been more obvious lately. Anyway, we are familiar with the ways the Government behaves with an officer who prefers to stand up for what is right.

Kiran Bedi has been an icon, an ideal, an inspiration and an instance of strong character for the nation. I wish her a blissful family life ahead and pray for her wellbeing !

Comment

Yes I agree with you.Recently she had be upstaged for a important post for someone who was less qualified and junior then her.And alot goes behind the scene these days.Well this is surly a gain for the politicians and the goons but a loss for the people of this country.But how often is that we see good people winning ?
      IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
      IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Comment

Working...
      X