Specific Phobias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specific Phobias

A specific phobia is an intense fear of something that poses little or no actual danger. Some of the more common specific phobias are centered around closed-in places, heights, escalators, tunnels, highway driving, water, flying, dogs, and injuries involving blood. Such phobias aren't just extreme fear; they are irrational fear of a particular thing. You may be able to ski the world's tallest mountains with ease but be unable to go above the 5th floor of an office building. While adults with phobias realize that these fears are irrational, they often find that facing, or even thinking about facing, the feared object or situation brings on a panic attack or severe anxiety.

Phobias can be treate with the help of psychaitry pr with the help of medications like Zoloft.
    Last edited by megrisoft; 10-18-2005, 08:59 AM.

oh okay. I'm scared of spiders, good to know I can get cured!

Comment

I have'nt any phobias... Actually, I am not often affraid. I mean it depends that the people who are with me... If I am with a person who has spider's phobia, I haven't a fear because I know that I must hunt the spiders, or else nobodeby will to do that. It's the same when I am alone. But if I'm with a personn who is less affraid than me, I let my fear appear. But it's rare that I'm with people who love spiders ^^

Comment

Working...
      X