How should I tell my parents this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should I tell my parents this?

I have been dating a western woman for several years. When we started dating, I told my parents about her. They met her a few times, but did not approve of our relationship. They told me many conflicting things, but one thing they said was that they didn't want to know anything more about us until I decided to get married. Well, now, I am ready to get married, and want to tell them. However, I am scared because of the way they have reacted in the past. They have yelled and screamed, and my mother even threatened to kill herself. Do you have any suggestions about how I should go about telling them? I love my parents and don't want my relationship with them ruined, but on the other hand, it's about time that they found out the truth.

ha ha ha .... your mom will not going to kill herself its just an emotional black mail ... every parent wants there child should marry some one who belongs to there culture and comunity....
    do one thing tell you parent that you love white gal and she is able to understand me properly , i dont think i will be happy with any other gal... it is better you think of my future .... coz you had leaved your life now let me decide with whom i want to live .... i love you lot and respect your feeling too but times is changed .. please mom and dad think positive ... and if you will be ready in my decision to marry white gal than i will be very happy but if you will force me to marry some one else then i will not be happy if i m not happy how that gal will be happy and how you can be happy.... thats it....

If still they are not ready then also marry the white gal , coz after few month they will definalty going to accept you and your white gal friend..

But Note Few thing===> Its always difficult to adjust with person those who r not of your culture and community.. lot of understanding is required.. lot of adjustment & comittment is required... & in future difficulty can arise regarding marriage of your child also .... so mentally you must have to prepare yourself very well... kill all your ego when you go for international marriage... be dimplomate with every relative ... to manage any relationship is also a management ,,,, and all healty relation required proper management
    Last edited by sunilkumar; 11-17-2005, 12:04 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

No agruments here!
      i agree to u sunil!

Comment

take my advice

marry an indian girl
        http://i48.tinypic.com/15cem8j.jpg

Comment

i understand u ANIL

i know about some indian traditions so i also agree with josh that indian girl in ur own culture is the best choice for u ..... well since u have been in the marring level with that girl guess thereis nothing better u can do except stepping forward .....all the parents want nothing but there children live happy ... i think when ur parents realize that only with that girl u can be happy they will accept the truth i hope ~~~

seems i hve better luck than u ,,being an nonindian i hve been looking for an indian bf and i got tons of proposals from india ,,even many indian parents proposed me for their sons ,,u see liberal indian parents r always there

anyways good luck !

Comment

i have to say that i agree with all of u on here and mostly with sunil and other too, indian girl is best but if u love that girl then go for it and dont let other people stop u ok
            all the best
            sana

Comment

hey anil, i agree with sunil. I suggest u that u should get married with one u love that is ur western gal friend. I think u will not happy if u marry with another girl. but, it needs some understanding and adjustment. if ur parents r not agree with u, don't worry. after passing sometime they will accept western girl if she makes adjustments according to ur culture. so go for it.
              Best of Luck............

Comment

I understand your problem Anil but you just try to convince your parents that you will be happy with that Girl only.

Comment

Working...
                X