Hey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey

I found this very nice forum, and thought I´d try to hang here.
    I am an Indian woman, although I live in Sweden (up north in Europe =)
    and I have always wanted to get in contact with people from my homecountry. Internet seems to be a good way.

I have lived in Sweden almost my whole life, I am adopted from India. I try as much as I can to hold on to some of the indian culture, now and then I take a whole day off just to cook indian spicy food. =)

I have two loving children and I am very interested in the parenting culture in India.

Here in Sweden we don´t hear much about India, now and then they have air a documentary about the Indian society, but the most common knowledge about the country and its people is that India is a over-crowded, poor society with no rights at all for women.
    That´s a shame. I know there are still millions of poor people, millions of lost women, but I believe that India is going foward more and more.

I hope to be here more and also hope that I get many interesting and fun and educational times about "my" country here on Indiabook.com

//sunita
    "In the complete darkness we are all the same. It´s only our knowledge and wisdom that seperates us

Dear sunita welcome to this forum..... we hope that we will create good friendly bonding here on forum & you will enjoy our company .

Women Do have all right in India... but because of Illeteracy & heavy popullation many women dont get proper knowledge... if you will see law of india you will know in India women do have more rights than any other country...there is no discrimination among female and male when it's come to law.... so its your preception, or some thing by which you are ignorant... you said no rights at all for women in India...

Illeteracy is the bigest factor by which women don't know about their right in India.

As india is democratic country with diverse culture and community, money is not properly distributed among people so in india people are poor .... for big family more money needed and more balance act is required to satisfy everyone.

I agree with this india is over-crowded compare to other european country. As per society we do have poor rich and middle class ...

Due to lack of infrastructure most of european think it's poor society...

India is county where brain are born... Indian are more comeptetive when it's come to knowledge sector ... we dont try such game in which we have chances to lose our life like bunji jumpping...etc.

You know that culture wise india is good so parenting your children with india culture will be good for you and your family.

I can say only Indian/pakistani/bangladeshi/Nepalies/Srilankan know how to cook food... when it comes to spicy food.
    Last edited by sunilkumar; 08-22-2006, 05:30 AM.
    "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Hello

Well, that is what I mean. I want to learn more about the true India. Here the knowledge is (or lack of it) that India still is a very poor, uncivilised, and dirty country. I know it isn´t so, and I am determent to pass that knowledge on here up north.
      Yet there are many europeans though that loves India and see it as it is.

You have all classes, as do we. Swedish goverment pretty much sees itself as a "the world´s most perfect country". I couldn´t agree less.
      We do have good benefits and the gap between the classes may not be so big as in India, but do you believe me, when it´s good in India it´s really GOOD! When it´s good in Sweden it´s halfway somewhere.
      And we don´t hold on to traditions really well, that´s a shame.

And yepp - Indian spicy food - yummie!!! Loves to go to indianrestaurants but not even they can live up to the feeling and the taste that you have over there.

"India is county where brain are born... Indian are more comeptetive when it's come to knowledge sector ... we dont try such game in which we have chances to lose our life like bunji jumpping...etc. "
      I couldn´t agree more (as my myself is born there) *lol*
      (But I understand what you mean)
      "In the complete darkness we are all the same. It´s only our knowledge and wisdom that seperates us

Comment

I am an indian girl and i am much happy here....

This is also true that Indian are more comeptetive when it's come to knowledge sector, because lot of popullation and competition is to much.

And high risk games are not popular in India among general public.

Sunitaji We are not crazy of big tatoos on our body....
        Making a million friends is not a miracle, the miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when a million are against you..

Comment

Originally posted by Priyanka
          I am an indian girl and i am much happy here....

This is also true that Indian are more comeptetive when it's come to knowledge sector, because lot of popullation and competition is to much.

And high risk games are not popular in India among general public.

Sunitaji We are not crazy of big tatoos on our body....
          =) I already have one small...tattoo...

I don´t speak for everyone from here, and don´t think for all of you over there. Bungyjumping I´ve never tried, will never do, but I have been skydiving.

Comment

We Indian Speaks for all Indian...& only then other can understand we are united .. majority wins
            "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Originally posted by sunilkumar
              We Indian Speaks for all Indian...& only then other can understand we are united .. majority wins
              tsss...I didn´t get into this forum to win against a majority
              I just want to get to know people from India, get anserws to general and more important questions, lazytalk, and actually also see if there is still some of India left in me. They say that the genes carry on and mirrows a lot of what you eventually become, but enviroment has a big part of it too. Raised in Europe since I was very little leaves no more bound to India than my flesh and blood. And a huge interest for the country.

Sooner or later, in a year or so, me and my husband will go to India for a visit. I´ve already been there once, but I want to go back. =)

Comment

Well i don't like to lose ... so i always want to win....

You know we are more in popullation so we are going to win in long run & on this forun no one is fighting .... you miss understood my word ---> "Majority wins".

We Indian are spread all over the globe.... So, One day we will rule

And in complete darkeness i am different...

when there is no light i give my light....

Its me Indian son who shines like sun...
                Last edited by sunilkumar; 08-23-2006, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Well i don't like to lose ... so i always want to win....

You know we are more in popullation so we are going to win in long run & on this forun no one is fighting .... you miss understood my word ---> "Majority wins".

We Indian are spread all over the globe.... So, One day we will rule

And in complete darkeness i am different...

when there is no light i give my light....

Its me Indian son who shines like sun...
                  Jepp, we are only 9 millions in Sweden so I guess you have a headstart. Although, if India eventually rules the world - I will take credit too, you bet =))

anyway...

What´s the weather in India? Here it is about 10-15 degress Celcius...pooring rain. The kids just started school for the semester. It goes on til´ december x-masvacation.

Comment

Today's Weather Report is as below

Delhi 29 degree Celcius, 84 degree F (North India)

Kolkata 27 degree Celcius, 81 degree F (East India)

Chennai 32 degree Celcius, 90 degree F (South India)

Mumbai 27 degree Celcius, 81 degree F (West India)

For people of Sweeden 28, 29 degree celcius can be to hot but for us it's good weather ....

India is a big country so Right now no rain in chennai but other part got good rain...

In chennai rain comes in December and January...

Here School and college start on June 15th
                    We gets summner vacation coz during summer its to hot here, & our vaction starts from April mid and ends in June mid.

Other than this student also get vacation in Navratri/Dashera in northern & eastern part of India, In western part of India student gets vacation for Dipawali and in southern part of India they get vacation of Pongal.... Same way that student get vacation for x-mas in UK USA Sweeden etc......

All this festival Dashera, Dipawali and Pongal come in different month so vacation in every part of india is at differnt time...

Comment

We had a really warm

summer with temaperatures over 30 degrees C somedays, and yes - that is toooo hoooot!!!! =)

But in winter we have -15 degrees here in southSweden, up north it can get -25 dC usually.

I was in India 1993 in november, I think there was a big celebration/festival in Calcutta then. Anyway, we had booked seats on firstclass from Madras to Calcutta (not all the way up to Calcutta but almost) and we missed that train beacuse we red the wrong date. So we got to go on one of these extratrains especially for this festival, it seems like it took forever to get there, and the baggers thought we made a joke when we said we had seats in 2nd class. Anyway - it was a great experience though.

Comment

I Hope next time before coming to India you will take proper guidance from me ....

By the way how is life in sweeden?

What about IT sector see i am in IT field so am more curious about that ?

I will like to know the currency of Sweeden ...
                        In India we use Rupees, In England Pound, in USA they use American Dollar, in singapore people use singapore dollar ... what is currency of Sweeden? Is it Euro in Sweeden..?

Please let me know... Sunitaji

I write sunitaji coz when Indian give respect to some one they use to add ji at the end of that person name...

Comment

I Hope next time before coming to India you will take proper guidance from me ....

By the way how is life in sweeden?

What about IT sector see i am in IT field so am more curious about that ?

I will like to know the currency of Sweeden ...
                          In India we use Rupees, In England Pound, in USA they use American Dollar, in singapore people use singapore dollar ... what is currency of Sweeden? Is it Euro in Sweeden..?

Please let me know... Sunitaji

I write sunitaji coz when Indian give respect to some one they use to add ji at the end of that person name...
                          Hm...IT sector...well, it rather good, but not like we are the best in the world.
                          Some of the most famous from Sweden;
                          Ericsson (telephone)
                          SAAB
                          Volvo
                          IKEA
                          ABBA (music-group)
                          Roxette (music-group)

We have SEK, Swedish Crones, if you go into www.forex.se you can see the rate. Anyway: 100 INR = 16,70 SEK

We measures in meters, (10 km = 1 mile, not english mile) deciliters, kilograms.
                          We drive on the right side of the road. =)

I can tell you more another day.

See ya soon sunilkumarji (i did not know about this -ji, nice to learn =)

Comment

Thanks allot Sunitaji for information that you had given....

Cheers....!
                            sunilkumar

Comment

I've heard lot of cases of indian childrens been adopted by swedish couples.Do they have special affection for INDIAN babies.Or its any other reason???

Comment

Working...
                              X