hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi

hi everyone. i'm new on this forum so....what's up!

i suppose i'm looking for a new perspective on things. has anyone here been jealous or resentful of their sister in law?

Hi

Welcome on the forum.Hope you will have a nice time.As for the opinion sorry no idea.
    IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
    IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Comment

I dont have a sister in law but have friends who do feel that way. I somehow think that there is really no reason inw asting your energy one someone you dont like. Because i believe in negative feelings affecting your health. so you will end up causing more damage to urself in the process. I think we can decide who can hurt us. if we let them they will. Just take a chill pill and be indifferent to her. it worked with a friend of mine and now she has the sister in law restless coz she has become so cool ;-)

Comment

I don't have a sister-in-law, so no problem there. Why? Are you jealous of your sister-in-law? And if you are.. why?

Comment

Hi,

I just get my teeth gritting sometimes when my husband remembers to do everysingle thing that she demands and forgets small as well as big things that is his duty toward me. He understands her feelings easily but not mine. The answer always is that she has been with him since long. What difference does that make, i dont understand?!

Since I lost my sister, i took his sister as my own and do as i would to my own. Just an eye of desire would make me give everything of mine to her even before she could ask for it - both expensive and inexpensive. I would sacrifice it and live without it, sometimes even suffer the loss but i never used to mind and adjusted with it with a hope that my husband will relize it do unto me what i have done unto his sister- with a hope he will replace my loss, if not atleast support me at suchtimes. i would give her all the company i can. But seldom did I realize that it was was gathering information from me and for sake of future gossip did she like my company. I would buy her everything i can unmindful of my own desire to buy one for myself. With my selfless attitude toward his sister, neither he nor his family notices the love i HAD for her (ofcourse i have lost it now because of my husband's indifference) nor does he think of doing something for me in aprreciation or gratitude for treating his sister well. Instead he and his family always blames and insults me and my love for them. They have never understood the love i HAD for them. When i remind him of his duty toward me and his own family he set up, he thinks i complain. Do you call this jealousy?

Comment

A normal reaction

I call it a reasonable and very natural reaction. From what you said in the other post, I believe you live in your own house, instead of with your in-laws. My suggestion would be to treat your sister-in-law politely, but cooley. Tell her only the stuff that you would tell anyone else. Don't try to be best friends with her, if she doesn't appreciate it.

And as for your husband, I believe you should sit him down, and tell him how you feel. And also tell him that however long he might have known his sister, you are his wife, and therefore he should make more of an effort to understand you. Sometimes however, men do find it hard to understand women (poor men)... in that case, just tell him directly how you feel. As long as he listens and offers you a sympathetic shoulder, that's all right.

Comment

Working...
            X