Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sachin 34th Test Century

Sachin Tendulkar Saturday scored a world record-equalling 34th Test century
    Tendulkar, 31, reached the magic 34th century when he turned the second ball of the 58th over, bowled by Tapash Baisya, to mid-on for a single.
    Legendary opener Sunil Gavaskar, like the sparse crowd at the Bangabandhu National Stadium, stood up and applauded from the television commentators' box.
    I hope age does not catch up with my centuries," Tendulkar said, referring to the three Test tons more than his age.

I am not going to stop here," he said, warning bowlers all over the world.
    Tendulkar, playing his 119th Test, equalled the record that had stood since 1987 when Gavaskar retired, having played 125 Tests.
    With his 34th hundred - the first in his second Test against Bangladesh - Tendulkar has become only the third player in the 127-year Test history to score centuries against all the other nine Test-playing nations.
    South Africa's Gary Kirsten and former Australia captain Steve Waugh are the other two who have scored centuries against nine Test-playing countries.

Tendulkar, who made his Test debut against Pakistan in 1989, had amassed 9,754 runs at 57.04 in 192 innings. He is now just 246 short of becoming only the second Indian after Gavaskar to reach the 10,000-run landmark and the fifth internationally.

It was Tendulkar's first century since his unbeaten 194 in the first-innings of the first Test against Pakistan at Multan in March-April.
    Since then he has had a string of low scores, during which he also suffered from an elbow problem.

His scores since Multan read like this: did not bat (DNB), 2, 8, 1 DNB, 8, 2, 5, 55, 3, DNB, 20, 32 not out and DNB.
    But he took advantage of the rather weak bowling attack of the weakest Test nation to return to form, making his millions of fans happy.

To Learn More About Indian Cricket Visit This:-
    India Web Links, Sports: Cricket Web Directory and Search Engine, Indiabook a india web Directory, india cricket directory, by megri softwares, for india cricket, indian cricket, wicket, bat, ball, pitch, umpire, coach, kit, wales, sachin, player, stadium, worldcup, man of the match, kapildev, ranji, county, cricket, batsman, bowler,India Portal, Indian Web Directory, India Web Sites, indian search engine, india chat room, indian directory, news, Jokes, sports, travel, business, webmaster, photo, yellowpages, classifieds, E-Greetings, Recipes

I am giving my best wishes to Sachin to 34th test century

Way to go Sachin.He is a dedicated player and an Indian to be proud of.Memebers of this forum congratulate him on this one more landmark of his and wish to see more like this in coming years.
    IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
    IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Comment

Originally posted by suresh
      With his 34th hundred - the first in his second Test against Bangladesh - Tendulkar has become only the third player in the 127-year Test history to score centuries against all the other nine Test-playing nations.
      Well , Rahul David became the fourth player to score centuries against all the other Test -playing nations. What a achievement by the both extraordinary batsman in indian cricket

Comment

Good job Sachin. But he's not scoring any more centuries now. He needs to score more test centuries.

Comment

Hope, he will make more centuries.
          Megrisoft Team Member
          Search India

Comment

He is not in a good form. Lets see what he does in the South AFrica series. He isn't doing good nowadays. He has to. He still needs to break some more records.

Comment

Always, hope for the best. Best of luck Sachin.
              Megrisoft Team Member
              Search India

Comment

Date:- 23 Nov 2005

All hope best for sachin & wish he should do best to himself as well as to our country... but in last 8 one day match he played he had only one big score of 93 in first match of series against srilanka and in other match .. he was failed to delivery.... He is just a human ... ha ha ha ....

Sunilkumar
                "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Of course he is just a human. You don't expect him to be some aliens. All the people who play cricket are humans.

Comment

25th nov 2005 time 4:25

Today Tendulkar scored only 2 run in ODI against south africa in kolkatta... Still failing.... well jaisurya was fail only in 5 match against india .. he is droped from sirlankan team ... We indian think tendulkar is the best.... If tendulkar is best then why uptill now he had not scored 300 run in any test match ...on the other hand Lara had scored 400 in one inning Hyden had scored 380, jaisurya had scored 340..... If this much protection is given to any player then he will click in one match..... tendulkar is more secure of his career as cricketer than any other player of world... still he is not able to delivery....... we people of india are biased toward tendulkar campare to other indian player....

Time always change ... and every new time has his own hero....

thats It......
                    "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

I think it's the end of Tendulkar's Magic . What do you think
                      I think now the time has come to give chances to new talent like Suresh Raina, Venu Gopal Rao, Gautam Gambhir and what's about Hemang Badani I think he is a superb batsman under pressure. I still remember his matchwinning Century against Australia.

Originally posted by sunilkumar
                      25th nov 2005 time 4:25

Today Tendulkar scored only 2 run in ODI against south africa in kolkatta... Still failing.... well jaisurya was fail only in 5 match against india .. he is droped from sirlankan team ... We indian think tendulkar is the best.... If tendulkar is best then why uptill now he had not scored 300 run in any test match ...on the other hand Lara had scored 400 in one inning Hyden had scored 380, jaisurya had scored 340..... If this much protection is given to any player then he will click in one match..... tendulkar is more secure of his career as cricketer than any other player of world... still he is not able to delivery....... we people of india are biased toward tendulkar campare to other indian player....

Time always change ... and every new time has his own hero....

thats It......
                      Cricket Search Engine
                      Cricket Web Directory
                      Last edited by sunil; 11-25-2005, 05:38 PM.
                      Link Building Resources
                      Directory of Search Engines

Comment

Yup Sachin is not doing good and he lost his magic touch. He hasn't scored in 7 matches overall. He is doing real bad.

Comment

Working...
                        X