Brian Lara-Leading Test run scorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Lara-Leading Test run scorer

West Indian batsman 'Brian Lara' has become the leading Test run-scorer of all time, passing the 11,174 mark set by Australian Allan Border.
    Lara, 36, scored his 11,175th run with a glorious four off Australia paceman Glenn McGrath on the morning of day two of the final Test in Adelaide.
    Lara's eighth double century took him above Wally Hammond on that all-time list and only Don Bradman (12) has more.
    Well Done, Lara
    Megrisoft Team Member
    Search India

Congratulation to brain lara ....
    "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

It was soo nice to see him scoring a double ton after a long period of time. He was looking in great touch while batting wasn't he? I think he is the most stylish player in cricket history I have ever seen. What are your thoughts about his style?

Cricket Web Directory
      Last edited by sunil; 11-29-2005, 10:41 AM.
      Link Building Resources
      Directory of Search Engines

Comment

Cricket is not an individual game....I say lara is one of the best player of cricket, but he had seen more defate than any other player in history of cricket... I dont want to take his credit as one of the best player .. I believe he is the best fighter on the field. And when west indies wins ... then lara had scored or had doen some thing very memorable in history of cricket. .. Now he is of 36 year old, windies has to think who will be their key in near future ... b'coz if team will not win then achivement of lara will no longer be remember by the people of west indies.

Camparing tendulkar & lara

--> Lara less consistent than tendulkar
        --> Lara take more risk while batting than tendulkar
        --> Lara score at fast rate then tendulkar in test match.
        --> Lara temprament wise more composed than tendulkar.
        --> Lara mentally strong than tendulkar in matter of batting.
        --> Lara is a big match winner while tendulkar is a match winner player but not like lara.
        --> Back lift of lara is high than tendulkar that means he hit hard to the ball.
        --> Most of time lara know that he holds the key tendulkar never holds the key.
        --> When lara is near win while chasing run he never allow opponent to get through him tendulkar throws his wicket, when india is near win leave the wining stroke in hand of other indian player.
        --> Lara score run evenly if he chase run or setting target for oposition on other hand tendulkar score more run when he sets the target.
        --> Lara holds the record of individual top score by any test player in history of cricket game which is 400 Runs on other hand tendulkar 248* higest score.
        --> Lara is at second number after sir don bradman who hold the more double century record.
        --> Average of lara is less than tendulkar (note:- only marginal difference tendulkar average is 54 lara's average is 51-52)
        --> Lara top run scorer in history of game tendulkar right now at 4th position.
        --> Lara played less test match than tendulkar but got more time batting in test match on other hand tendulkar got less oppurtunity to bat even he played more matches than lara.
        --> lara only 7 time not out in test match tendulkar on other hand nearly 27 time not out.
        --> Lara scored more than 300 two time tendulkar had never scored 300 uptil now.
        --> Lara game never changes but Tendulkar games changes when he is near 80 runs.
        --> Lara had one big contravery on his name related to his personal life on other hand with tendulkar contravery was of ball tempering in south africa.
        --> Lara is more Exciting to watch compare to tendulkar.
        --> Lara has less supporter campare to tendulkar.

Note:- I will always support tendulkar but globally people other than indian they prefer to watch game of exciting left hander.

line in hindi for Lara ==> LARA KYA MARA

Last edited by sunilkumar; 11-29-2005, 11:50 PM.
        "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Good article. By combining all the above points, Lara is Better than Tendulkar. Tendulkar is like a hero of cricket in India. Other countries also like Tendulkar. I am fully agree with your comparison between two. Hope Tendulkar will also become second Lara in the coming years.
          Megrisoft Team Member
          Search India

Comment

Congrats to Lara for breaking the Test record but I think that Sachin will cross him very easily. Sachin is still playing for many years and it is enough for him to break those records.

Comment

May your words come true. Indian Cricketer would break the Lara record.
              sachin, our wishes are with you.
              Megrisoft Team Member
              Search India

Comment

Yes man. Sachin all the way. Go Sachin. I hope you break the record of centuries and runs.

Comment

Working...
                X