Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Indian Freedon fighters

Hi,
    I have recently made a new friend who is Indian and he likes to give me things to do to keep me from boredom. He recently gave me the challenge of finding out what Freedom fighters are called in India, he said that it also means "Fighter" in Hindi. If anyone can help me out with this question I would really appreciate it. So far I can only find listings of all the people that have participated in freedom movements there.
    Mel

Jawaharlal Nehru is one of the most important people in the list of Indian freedom
    fighters

You can get more information here

Founder & Creative Mind of Megrisoft
    www.indiabook.com
    Business
    Please Do Not Spam Our Forum

Comment

Thanks for that tip, I had found that site as well and read through a lot of it but he wanted not the name of one freedom fighter but what they are called as a whole (What people refer/call individuals who are freedom fighters in India). The only hindi word I could find in any dictionary that meant fighter was YoddhA, which he said was not the one he was looking for. If you can think if anything else I would greatly appreciate it. But that was one of the most informative websites I found as well.

Comment

regarding

Hi,
        Freedom-fighters in India are called swatantrata-senani(pronounced as swatantrataa-senaanee) in chaste Hindi where swatantrata means freedom and senani means fighter.

Comment

He says that still isn't right unfortunately

Well i asked him if either of those were what he was looking for and he said no. I guess i will keep looking. If anyone else can come up with anything please let me know

Comment

Hi,

sometimes, they are called 'desh bhakth tyagi' meaning patriotic sacrificer or sometimes just 'tyagi' meaning sacrificer.

Priyadarshani Jai Prakash

Comment

Working...
            X