Indians overwhelm Chinese in US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indians overwhelm Chinese in US

Between 1995 and 2005, Indian immigrants founded more engineering and technology firms in the US than any other immigrant group In 2005, these companies had sales revenue of $52 billion IF INDIA is shining at home, the diaspora is dazzling in America. What is more, it has stolen a march over the Chinese.
    Indians founded more engineering and technology firms in the US over the past decade than any other immigrant group, a new study reveals. Between 1995 and 2005, Indian immigrants founded more companies in these sectors than Chinese, Taiwanese and British immigrants put together.

A fourth of all engineering companies founded in the US over the past one decade were started by immigrants. In 2005, these companies had sales revenue of $52 billion and employed 45,000 employees. As many as 26 per cent of these firms had Indian founders. These findings were revealed on Thursday in a study conducted by Duke University's School of Engineering and University of California at Berkeley’s School of Information.

The findings underline again how skilled foreign workers hold the key to the development of technology and engineering industries in the US. Vivek Wadhwa, executive in residence at Duke University's Pratt School of Engineering and the author of the report, said many of the huge wave of Indian immigrants who arrived in the US after 1980 were knowledge workers. This is borne out by two things: the fact that Indians obtained the most number of patents — after the Chinese — between 1995 and 2005; and that nearly half of all Indian-founded companies in the US are in the software sector.

“These are the people who give the US its competitive advantage,” Wadhwa said. “This shows that when Indians are given the environment in which they can succeed, they can stand head to head with the best of the best, in Silicon Valley and elsewhere.”
    I 'll show u a new world!

To be honest, the only thing that Indian can do better than Chinese in the IT industry is English. Well, it is a big benifit left by the brithish people.

But you should know that most of the smartest Chinese in North America IT industry have been back China in the past 15 years. They founded many successfull IT companies in China, including:
    1. Baidu, the 2nd Search engine and the 4th biggest websites in the world
    2. Souhu, the 7th biggest website in the world
    3. QQ, the 2nd largest Instant Messenger in the world

In fact, I am a chinese immigrant working as senior software developer at a TOP10 IT company in north america, so I know exactly what is the difference between NA and China IT industry.

Sooner or later, many(I guess >=40%) Chinese immigrants in IT will go back China and start their new career in this exciting and amazing land.China is currently at the phase like U.S tens of years ago--Chances and dreams everywhere.

Comment

yeah that was good. that's the excuse chinese have. english.
      as far as i know, people who migrate know english very well and the number of chinese outside china is much more than indians outside india. still its the indians who make news outside. be it the chief of paypal or BBC, its an indian.
      chinese may be good in china but clearly not at a global scale. may be that explains why all the products u mentioned have not even been heard of outside china.

Comment

Overseas indian is doing good. When I was working in singapore,I have many indian friends,even getting more and more.My chinese friends getiing less and less,many of them came back to china.

Comment

Originally posted by chinesemilitaryfan
          Overseas indian is doing good. When I was working in singapore,I have many indian friends,even getting more and more.My chinese friends getiing less and less,many of them came back to china.
          yep. indians rock thats why all this heartburn in some chinese on this forum. thankfully ur not one of them

Comment

-China's CPU, Dragon Chip, was just released this month. The testing report shows that it can compete with Intel P4.
            -Chin'a J-10 flighter was also realeased on Dec 28th, 2006. This model can be competed with the latest U.S F16/C.Check this link http://youtube.com/watch?v=XDhnZIx-hwc

Given another 5-8 years, the technology of China's CPU and flighter will be very closed to U.S.

In addition, Indian should understand no matter how Indian do well in U.S, it is just good for another country, it means nothing to India. Your task is to build a powerful India, not a powerful U.S.

Eventually I want to mention the oversea Chinese founders of the following IT companies. As for myself, I never see Indian have much advantange than Chinese in North American IT industry except English ability.
            -Yahoo
            -Youtube
            -ATI

Comment

Originally posted by googleabcd
              -China's CPU, Dragon Chip, was just released this month. The testing report shows that it can compete with Intel P4.

-Chin'a J-10 flighter was also realeased on Dec 28th, 2006. This model can be competed with the latest U.S F16/C.Check this link http://youtube.com/watch?v=XDhnZIx-hwc

Given another 5-8 years, the technology of China's CPU and flighter will be very closed to U.S.

In addition, Indian should understand no matter how Indian do well in U.S, it is just good for another country, it means nothing to India. Your task is to build a powerful India, not a powerful U.S.

Eventually I want to mention the oversea Chinese founders of the following IT companies. As for myself, I never see Indian have much advantange than Chinese in North American IT industry except English ability.
              -Yahoo
              -Youtube
              -ATI
              what kind of rubbish are u talking man? who has heard of dragon cpu? here is a review of dragon cpu i found on the net

"Although laughable by today's standards, Chinese officials and industries are pushing the Dragon CPU at between 200 and 260MHz. CNet notes that Intel was in that speed bracket back in 1995-1997. "

give me a break. u call this technology then i am sorry for u. it will die even before crossing the chinese borders. may be is good for chinese kids playing minesweeper...

stop talking about "myself", i have seen enough of ur brags, if i give an opinion about the chinese developers u will not be able to digest it so pls.
              software doesn't run on english i hope u know that. germans don't speak english but look at SAP, what a software they made.

stop hiding behind excuses. there are some areas where u are good others where u suck. admit it instead of carrying on this limping arguments.

i don't want to list the indian's who are the founders of global giants, the space is too less.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                what kind of rubbish are u talking man? who has heard of dragon cpu? here is a review of dragon cpu i found on the net

"Although laughable by today's standards, Chinese officials and industries are pushing the Dragon CPU at between 200 and 260MHz. CNet notes that Intel was in that speed bracket back in 1995-1997. "

give me a break. u call this technology then i am sorry for u. it will die even before crossing the chinese borders. may be is good for chinese kids playing minesweeper...

stop talking about "myself", i have seen enough of ur brags, if i give an opinion about the chinese developers u will not be able to digest it so pls.
                software doesn't run on english i hope u know that. germans don't speak english but look at SAP, what a software they made.

stop hiding behind excuses. there are some areas where u are good others where u suck. admit it instead of carrying on this limping arguments.

i don't want to list the indian's who are the founders of global giants, the space is too less.

Lol, why are you reading the news three years ago??
                --------------------------
                1GHz Chinese Dragon chip Comparable to 2GHz Pentium 4

Computers installed with Dragon CPUs developed by the Computer Institute of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) have been used for trial in some places. The Dragon processors, with fairly low cost, could be promoted in market and will be produced in a small scale in June this year.

According to Hu Weiwu, researcher of the CAS Dragon chip lab, the chip is quite small, but it has tens of millions of transistors. A 1GHz- Dragon chip works as perfectly as a 2GHz- Pentium IV. So far, sample PCs based on Dragon chip 2E are performing well.

Comment

Lol, why are you reading the news three years ago??
                  --------------------------
                  1GHz Chinese Dragon chip Comparable to 2GHz Pentium 4

Computers installed with Dragon CPUs developed by the Computer Institute of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) have been used for trial in some places. The Dragon processors, with fairly low cost, could be promoted in market and will be produced in a small scale in June this year.

According to Hu Weiwu, researcher of the CAS Dragon chip lab, the chip is quite small, but it has tens of millions of transistors. A 1GHz- Dragon chip works as perfectly as a 2GHz- Pentium IV. So far, sample PCs based on Dragon chip 2E are performing well.
                  oh yeah? 2GH cpu is history now my friend...its core duo processors...get ur bearings right....

moral of the story...china is still behind world competition...we will talk when u ll start exporting those chips ok?

lets do a very simple thing, u list down achievements by chinese and i ll list down those by indians, lets see who eats the humble pie....after that the loser should keep his gog shut...

do we have a deal?

Comment

Here's the first one:
                    Arun Netravali

Arun Netravali is an international scientist of Indian origin. Arun Netravali has made many fundamental contributions in the areas of digital communications technology. Presently Dr Arun Netravali is the President of the Bell Labs. Earlier Dr Arun Netravali was Executive Vice President of research, responsible for Bell Labs' basic research efforts in all areas involving communication, computing and physical sciences.

Dr. Arun Netravali has played an important role in making the Bell Labs the leader in telecommunications technology. Dr. Netravali's pioneering contributions in algorithms for the representation, synthesis, processing, and compression of images and image sequences has transformed television from analog to digital in broadcast TV, cable TV, DBS, HDTV, and enabled an entirely new set of products and services for the multimedia revolution over the Internet.

Dr. Netravali graduated from the IIT, Mumbai, India. He earned his master's and doctorate degrees from Rice University in Houston, Texas, in the field of electrical engineering. Dr. Arun C. Netravali was also an adjunct professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and has taught graduate courses at City College (N.Y.), Columbia University and Rutgers University. He serves on the board of a number of organizations. He is a member of the Indo/U.S. Science and Technology Council, initiated by the former President Clinton and the then Indian PM, Mr. Vajpayee, and the NRI Advisory Committee for Telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                      oh yeah? 2GH cpu is history now my friend...its core duo processors...get ur bearings right....

moral of the story...china is still behind world competition...we will talk when u ll start exporting those chips ok?

lets do a very simple thing, u list down achievements by chinese and i ll list down those by indians, lets see who eats the humble pie....after that the loser should keep his gog shut...

do we have a deal?
                      Lol, P4 is only 2-3 years behind Intel and AMD
                      I am afraid that India can't even produce a 80286 CPU that came out 15 years ago.

Are you really sure you want to list archivements???

Infrastructure? China currently consumes concrete and stell more than the combination of the rest of the whole world.

Manufactor? China currently produces most of the following goods in the world:
                      Steel, concrete, coal, digital camera, fax machines, copmputers, TVs, Hi-Fi, fridges, almost eveything you can find in the market.

Skyline? 5 out of golbal TOP10 skyline cities are in China, including Hongkong, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, and Chongqing.

Railway? The fastest railway running at 432KM/H is in ShangHai. No need to mention the 2000km long Tibet railway.

Subway? The highest speed subway runing at 135KM/h is in Guangzhou

Airport? The world's biggest Airport is under construction in Beijing.

Highway? China is building 5,000km HIGH QUALITY highway every year and will surpass U.S in 2010.

Shopping/Entertainment?The world's largest shopping mall and exhitibion center are located in Guangzhou.

Space? China is the third country that sends man into space and it will send men to moon in 2015.

Sports? China almost beats U.S in 2004 Olympic and it will host 2008 olympic.

Water conservancy?China Three gorge, the largest water consevancy project is finished in 2006

Military? China just released its own J-10 fighter, T99 Tank and long distance missile DF4.
                      China is spending billions of dollars on military R&D.
                      In 2006, 054A,052D,071 fleet, 093/094 series submarine were released.
                      The fourth generation fighter J14 is under development.

High Tech? The first artifical SUN is testing in China

IT? 7 out of global TOP20 websites are chinese
                      China also surpassed U.S to become the country that has largest number of boardband/DSL Internet users.
                      China is now testing the world's first 1.5G/s super high speed Internet and IPV6 system.

Telecomunication? China has 450 million cellphone users and some telecommunication device manufacturers such as HuaWei, Zhongxing are now entering global market.
                      China designs and implements its own 3G technology---WCDMA.
                      China just released its Dragon Chip II, version III will come out this year.
                      If any country wants to use Dragon Chip, they need to pay $2 USD as the license fee to China for each piece.

Politics? In 2006, China holds three big sessions. The most famous one is the africa union meeting, leaders from ALL africa countries(40+ countries) came to Beijing and meet with China's leaders.

Culture? 2,400 U.S universities will provide Chinese courses. Chinese movies such as <<Hidden dragon>>, <<Hero>>, << Golden flower>> are shown in all west countries and they get pretty good reputation, for example, they get high IMDB score. Chinese director An Lee won 2006 OSCAR director award.

Economic? China's GDP annual growth rate of 2006 is 10.2%.

Neo: I would like to see any number or examples from India.
                      Last edited by googleabcd; 01-08-2007, 10:16 AM.

Comment

My god, the only person you are proud of is an Indian guy working for foreign company???

Really shame on you. I wonder if you are really an Indian.

Originally posted by Neo
                        Here's the first one:
                        Arun Netravali

Arun Netravali is an international scientist of Indian origin. Arun Netravali has made many fundamental contributions in the areas of digital communications technology. Presently Dr Arun Netravali is the President of the Bell Labs. Earlier Dr Arun Netravali was Executive Vice President of research, responsible for Bell Labs' basic research efforts in all areas involving communication, computing and physical sciences.

Dr. Arun Netravali has played an important role in making the Bell Labs the leader in telecommunications technology. Dr. Netravali's pioneering contributions in algorithms for the representation, synthesis, processing, and compression of images and image sequences has transformed television from analog to digital in broadcast TV, cable TV, DBS, HDTV, and enabled an entirely new set of products and services for the multimedia revolution over the Internet.

Dr. Netravali graduated from the IIT, Mumbai, India. He earned his master's and doctorate degrees from Rice University in Houston, Texas, in the field of electrical engineering. Dr. Arun C. Netravali was also an adjunct professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and has taught graduate courses at City College (N.Y.), Columbia University and Rutgers University. He serves on the board of a number of organizations. He is a member of the Indo/U.S. Science and Technology Council, initiated by the former President Clinton and the then Indian PM, Mr. Vajpayee, and the NRI Advisory Committee for Telecommunications.

Comment

Japanese,foreigner,overseas idian,local indian working for foreigner,That is all neo is proud about.
                          Neo even doesn't know whom he should be proud of.
                          Last edited by chinesemilitaryfan; 01-08-2007, 07:53 AM.

Comment

My god, the only person you are proud of is an Indian guy working for foreign company???

ur an absolute kid if its just such a shame why u work in US? why ur countrymen work in horrible working conditions to produce ipods for americans?

as i said earlier u chinese are having a restricted mindset. open up or u ll perish.

the point which missed u is that chinese are good only as a group while indians excel academically and technologically.

u said indians have only advantage of english. i was showing u that these great minds thrive not only on english. i guess i shd explain things to u in chinese ...lol

Comment

Originally posted by chinesemilitaryfan
                              Japanese,foreigner,overseas idian,local indian working for foreigner,That is all neo is proud about.
                              Neo even doesn't know whom he should be proud of.
                              a government that treats its citizens like chicken probably? that let 1000 die due to SARS and told the world only chicken are dead, no people till SARS became an epidemic?

Comment

Working...
                              X