Please tell me if our culture condones this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did mention this earlier but no one listens:

Nothing improves your complexion more than being beaten black and blue.

Comment

sup yall... i want yall to chek out this site... www.broztilldeath.tk

we do rapping and remixes..we new artists and just gettin exposure..
      im the singer of the group...leave feed back ...no haters....

thanks

Comment

I think that it is a criminal act. I also think that the thought whether it is inline with our culture itself is meaningless. No one has the right to encroach into our freedom and dignity.

Comment

Definitely not part of the culture

Kavitalady,

Brutally beating a child as your parents seem to have done is definitely not part of an Indian culture. Certain people in our society do it, but it does not make it right.

And you did a good thing, moving out. Don't concern yourself with other people's remarks. After all, you have a right to take care of yourself and not be abused by others.

I am an Indian, and my parents never beat me in my life. At the most I got was a slap here and there growing up, but nothing major. And that's how should be. Good parents don't need to brutally beat their children to enforce discipline. It can be done with words, or non-physical punishments. So don't blame yourself for your parents' lack of good parenting skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Shayri
            Kavitalady,

I am an Indian, and my parents never beat me in my life. At the most I got was a slap here and there growing up, but nothing major. And that's how should be. Good parents don't need to brutally beat their children to enforce discipline. It can be done with words, or non-physical punishments. So don't blame yourself for your parents' lack of good parenting skills.
            Yes I agree that most children do not need to be physically punished, but there are a few children that are too much of rebels that do serious crimes in the family that may need physical punishment. That is not to say it should be brutal, and should only be reserved as a last result (ie if the child refuses the non-violent punishment).

Comment

Man I would say that Indian culture is the best in the world. Specially the thing Unity in Diversity. All religions living together from Muslims, Hindus, to CHristians and jews and Sikh and Buddhist and other religions are also present which I could name but many people knows it already.

But the thing which I don't like is arranged marriage. Many people doesn't do arranged marriage. But many people still believe in arranged marriage.

Comment

Yes but one thing is for sure, India is home to the greatest religion: Hinduism. Hinduism is the oldest religion in the world and many astronomers use vedic cosmology as an accurate tool on how to describe the universe. Hinduism, unlike most other religions encourages knowledge while many other religions are bound on supersituion only.

Many people do not understand what Hinduism really is, a lot assume it is some polytheistic religion that worships a bunch of gods and superstitious when in fact Hinduism has the most complicated metaphysics and teaches about the Brahman, the true God and how to reach it. Notice how I call the Brahman "it", this is because Hinduism doesn't personify ultimate reality at the fundemental level.

Hinduism also teaches yoga, the most effective form of spiritual practice today!

Comment

India is not only the home to Hinduism but religions like Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism all originated in INdia. It is home to world's second largest Muslim population and also enjoys considerable amount of Catholics and other christians, bahai's and Zorastrianism.

Comment

Originally posted by India1989
                    India is not only the home to Hinduism but religions like Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism all originated in INdia. It is home to world's second largest Muslim population and also enjoys considerable amount of Catholics and other christians, bahai's and Zorastrianism.
                    Yes it is a country diverse in many religions. But the backbone heart religion of the country (Hinduism) is one of the best religions in the world.

Where are you from brother?

Comment

Working...
                    X