Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agra you are free to have ur own opinion. I dont care either. But if u post ur opinion in a public forum its open to be challenged, criticized and analysed. (In a democracy it is so. I dont know if its allowed in China)

Either ur proove ur point of u simply shut up.

But if u go on repeating urself again and again without giving any solid reasons for why u think of something the way u think, then ur smart enough to imagine what people think of u.

Last edited by rohit khaitan; 03-22-2007, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
      what u call obvious is actually ur assumption agra. now u smartly replaced rights with privileges...lolz...games that u guys play ...
      Hey, guy, judgmental again. Look carefully at who is saying what:
      Originally posted by rohit khaitan
      Dalits have more rights and previledges in India then any normal indian has. I can give u facts and figures if u r interested.
      Who is playing the word game?

Originally posted by Neo
      btw reservation policy is not something on paper. there are millions of scheduled castes and dalits who are in government jobs and 40% of educational institutions including the best universities like IIT have reserved places filled every year by virtue of this reservation policy.
      i don't know of any other "racist" country which has been putting this "privilege" "on paper" to action for more than half a century now.
      Good for you.
      Still I do not understand why the UN should keep raising Dalit issue whenever India government reports on its implementation of international converntions. Either the Dalits are ungrateful and hopeless or something else?

Originally posted by Neo
      i have nothing against you keeping your good understanding of India and conclusion to yourself agra
      trouble comes when people open their mouth on public forums with wisdom spewed all over
      we have a saying in india, till a crow opens it mouth, its hard to distinguish it from the cuckoo... i have no problem till the mouth of the crow remains shut...
      I want to share with you a Chinese saying: you can cook a duck soft, but never can you cook its beec soft.

Take it easy, boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Agra
        Still I do not understand why the UN should keep raising Dalit issue whenever India government reports on its implementation of international converntions. Either the Dalits are ungrateful and hopeless or something else?
        really agra? but do u understand why BBC and the world media keep on reporting on ruthless supression of chinese farmers (see the other thread on farmers and SEZs) when according to you they are more prosperous than urban chinese? Either the farmers are ungrateful and hopeless or something else?

or should i understand that ur "understanding" is "selective" like the other chinese had on these forum?
        oh boy, u guys all come in the same format don't u...lolz...wonder if bias is a taught as a subject in schools in china...
        I 'll show u a new world!

Comment

Ha ha. Well said Neo. This man very conveniently changes his view point to suit his purpose. All websites, all reports against china are biased and all reports no matter how much truth or data we provide to show its false is correct if it shows india in a poor light.

Now even i have started thinking that they all come in the same format.

Their rules are simple ... dont be logical, dont argue, dont give us reasons. What we say is right and we dont want to listen to u.

Whether communism is better for a country or democracy is a controversial topic but for individuals its certainly democracy. Communism propably robs u of ur thinking ability.

Comment

Rohit Khaitan you have lots of wrong facts with you.

First of all there are many groups who are quite often discriminated in India by some people and not by the government.

The government doesn't have enough time for discrimination as they are busy collecting money.

But yeah it is against law to discriminate in India.

Some groups who are mostly discriminated are Northeast Indians, Dalits (a lot), Negroid Indians, and people from scheduled casts.

Comment

India 1989 i know what i am saying.

There are always some people in every country who are at a disadvantage vis a vis others and are exploited in one way or the other.

A social club in UK recently banned sikhs as a community to join their club. That was done by a city club and a direct attack on a whole community. School children who are hindus and sikhs are often beaten up in UK and US. Apartheid in south africa. Slave culture of the whites just 250 years back. Exploitation of tiawanese by the Chinese. How can they justify or explain it?

You dont live in fairyland that everything will be perfect. Nobodys saying that in india everything is perfect when it comes to racism.

But when u compare the incidents in India on a world scale we are far better when it comes to racism as compared to the rest of the world.

If a few thousand people are exploited in the name of religion or caste does not mean that a country of 1000 millions become racist. Besides we have laws in place and a no of occassions when their is reverse discrimination.

For eg. muslims are given special concession for going to haj in India. Are hindus given any such concessions for tirth yatra?? Also take the case of reservations. So many young boys and girls are taking fake SC/ST certificate to get admissions in college and universitites. Isnt this discrimnation??

So how can u say that the majority are targeting the minorities in India based on class/ colour or religion???

You guys read a few stories in new paper and declare a general statement. If u r dad drinks once in a month does that make him a drunkard??? of course not. Likewise a few stray incidents in a country with 17 percent of the world population does not make it racist.

Every sixth person in the world is an Indian. Do u think such a mammoth population can survive here if we were racist???

Comment

Originally posted by India1989
                Some groups who are mostly discriminated are Northeast Indians, Dalits (a lot), Negroid Indians, and people from scheduled casts.
                can u give some examples India89? I would really like to know who discriminates against these people and how is this discrimination different from the discrimination faced by poor people in general irrespective of their region of origin or caste or race of origion.

The college I went to is a Regional Engineering College. I know that in my semester there were at least a 50 students from the northeast in various branches. Almost 40% were there based on some reservation policy- SC,ST,OBC and what not. I don't specifically know if some were dalits or not but i guess if nothing stops the SCs and STs to make it there, there could not be any excuse for dalits either. Except may be poverty that prevents even basic education. However, isn't that true of all castes that are poor?
                Not all brahmins can afford an education, can they?

How does one define racism? I thought it was when a class of people denied opportunity and equal right to another class forcing them to live a decent life.
                Who denies such opportunity to dalits or the other classes u referred to in india?
                Can entire north india be considered discriminated against in south india considering the regional sentiments that have left a bias against north there?
                The state of bihar which u ll admit is the most casteist is ruled by Nitish Kumar a SC himself. Before him was lallu and rabri "raj"-OBC. how can the lower caste there be called suppressed if they vote their own to power?
                What about Mayawati, Mulayam Singh and all?
                May be you base your arguments on the incidents that happen here and there. News about some dalits not being allowed entry in a temple in some village or the recent incident of a dalit woman being raped in mumbai and the subsequent carnage and rioting caused by protests.
                But don't u think its the freedom and fair policy of this country that allows such reports to reach us? At the height of racism it was very easy to shoot a black guy in the US and no one would even bother to take a look.
                If dalits feel discriminated because they are poor then i pity them because they can not expect some one to bring money to their door. they will have to study, make use of reservation policy and get a job. unless they do that, their social status will not improve.

Comment

kk you guys, listen to me

rohit i am also not in fairyland that i will talk all nonsense.

I also know what I am saying. You think India is fairyland that everything is so fine.

Well if that's so what about the Sikh riot in which millions of sikhs were murdered, what about the gujarat riots, what about the killings of Kashmiri pandits, what about 1993 mumbai riots, what about the killing of biharis in Assam recently, what about the murdering of Dalits in Madhya pradesh and uttar pradesh.

like rohit you think that I am anti-Indian. Common India is not a perfect country, nor are we better then any other countries in the world. we gotta identify our problem and solve it.

you don't see any riots happening in US or UK. One thing you read in newspaper about sikhs not allowed in the club doens't mean that UK is more racist then us.

incidents like that happen everywhere in India.

now neo
                  about the northeastern people. When they go to NewDehli the people over there call them Chinese all though they are Indians and ask they to go back to China.

Recently 5 Norhteastern people committed suicide in New Delhi because of discrimination.

Then why do Northeastern India wants to become a separate country. Go to New Delhi and then go to Northeast, you will find a heck lotta difference. No developments in NE. Indian govt. has been ignoring them since 1947.

and ministers like Laloo never heard of Manipur forget rest of NE.

please read my post carefully before answering

Comment

Originally posted by India1989
                    kk you guys, listen to me

rohit i am also not in fairyland that i will talk all nonsense.

I also know what I am saying. You think India is fairyland that everything is so fine.

Well if that's so what about the Sikh riot in which millions of sikhs were murdered, what about the gujarat riots, what about the killings of Kashmiri pandits, what about 1993 mumbai riots, what about the killing of biharis in Assam recently, what about the murdering of Dalits in Madhya pradesh and uttar pradesh.

like rohit you think that I am anti-Indian. Common India is not a perfect country, nor are we better then any other countries in the world. we gotta identify our problem and solve it.

you don't see any riots happening in US or UK. One thing you read in newspaper about sikhs not allowed in the club doens't mean that UK is more racist then us.

incidents like that happen everywhere in India.

now neo
                    about the northeastern people. When they go to NewDehli the people over there call them Chinese all though they are Indians and ask they to go back to China.

Recently 5 Norhteastern people committed suicide in New Delhi because of discrimination.

Then why do Northeastern India wants to become a separate country. Go to New Delhi and then go to Northeast, you will find a heck lotta difference. No developments in NE. Indian govt. has been ignoring them since 1947.

and ministers like Laloo never heard of Manipur forget rest of NE.

please read my post carefully before answering
                    india89...no one is denying that we don't have problems. what me and rohit were talking about is the misconception of the severity of caste system and its linking to racism by outsiders like agra who were adopting a biased approach with regard to reports by western media/agencies.

u have brought in a whole new issue and yes i agree this kind of discrimination does exist but to say that its only with regard to north east is not accurate. comeon, all of us have heard of all the south indians being labelled "madrasis" in the north and subject to ridicule because of the language and in reciprocity the intolerance of tamilans towards hindi speaking people.

if u go by such small divisions then it would appear the whole country is divided on some lines. but remember kargil war? the martyrs who died together came from all over india. north, south, north east (assam rifles and rajputana rifles fought bravely side by side)

regional differences and unity despite them- this is the essence of india. if u call it racism or consider it close then i think thats the over self critical nature of indians i am seeing in play.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                      really agra? but do u understand why BBC and the world media keep on reporting on ruthless supression of chinese farmers (see the other thread on farmers and SEZs) when according to you they are more prosperous than urban chinese? Either the farmers are ungrateful and hopeless or something else?

or should i understand that ur "understanding" is "selective" like the other chinese had on these forum?
                      oh boy, u guys all come in the same format don't u...lolz...wonder if bias is a taught as a subject in schools in china...
                      Neo, I said farmers in some coastal areas in China are better off than urban dwellers. Is it an oversight or deliberate debating trick?

As to reporting of suppression of Chinese farmer, it is the price to pay for the economic development thru SEZ. China is a realistic country and knows what is good for its population. The SEZ polcy India is trying to implement vindicates what China has already done. Farmers are much better off on the whole than before and than their counterparts in India, if you like.

You guys are talking in your ivory tower in US or UK, which may mean nothing to those roaming the streets or wreched beings in remote areas in India.

As to media reports, I belive UN enjoys greater credibility in its assessment of countries. Althoug I do not believe that India governmet is responsible for social discrimination, you have to admit that discrimination based on caste etc does exist and is so serious as to attract international attention. Some real examples: http://www.indiabook.com/bbs/showthr...highlight=eyes .

Discrimination on the ground of descent is racial discrimination.

If you think this is a biased way of looking at Dalit oppression, so be it.

The sophystry on the part of Neo and the likes will only fool themselves on racial disminication in India.

The discimination of Chinese farmers based on ecnomic status is fundamentally different from caste discrimination.

You are oversensitive to external comments.

More dirt of China bashing ?

Comment

Neo, I said farmers in some coastal areas in China are better off than urban dwellers. Is it an oversight or deliberate debating trick?

As to reporting of suppression of Chinese farmer, it is the price to pay for the economic development thru SEZ. China is a realistic country and knows what is good for its population. The SEZ polcy India is trying to implement vindicates what China has already done. Farmers are much better off on the whole than before and than their counterparts in India, if you like.

You guys are talking in your ivory tower in US or UK, which may mean nothing to those roaming the streets or wreched beings in remote areas in India.

As to media reports, I belive UN enjoys greater credibility in its assessment of countries. Althoug I do not believe that India governmet is responsible for social discrimination, you have to admit that discrimination based on caste etc does exist and is so serious as to attract international attention. Some real examples: http://www.indiabook.com/bbs/showthr...highlight=eyes .

Discrimination on the ground of descent is racial discrimination.

If you think this is a biased way of looking at Dalit oppression, so be it.

The sophystry on the part of Neo and the likes will only fool themselves on racial disminication in India.

The discimination of Chinese farmers based on ecnomic status is fundamentally different from caste discrimination.

You are oversensitive to external comments.

More dirt of China bashing ?
                        agra, you are either inclined to twist the context for the sake of argument or ignorant enough to not understand the context and subtelety of discussion at hand. in either case let me enlighten you.
                        i never compared casteism to the discrimination in china. the point i was making was in response to ur argument that how come dalits are protesting their state of affairs if the government of india is taking active interest in their upliftment.
                        i asked u a very valid question in return. how come the chinese farmers whose lot is so bright as per u, are protesting so much?
                        instead of giving a straightforward answer, you show how verbose you can be

and yes i am in US sitting in an ivory tower but i was not born here. i worked my way through 28 yrs of ground level education / experience in india and i understand the realities of my country at least a million times better than u sitting in another ivory tower and speaking from ur lil knowledge based on internet

i definitely agree that the UN is much credible an agency than BBC or CNN or wikepedia. so is amnesty internation if u will....look what they have to say about china...

"Repression of spiritual and religious groups

Members of unofficial spiritual or religious groups, including some Qi Gong groups and unregistered Christian groups, continued to be arbitrarily detained, tortured and ill-treated."

It is pretty clear to me that you belong to a country where the government is involved in institutionalised racism, discrimination and cultural genocide. in that context you preaching what racism means to india is laughable to say the least

if u consider this china bashing so be it. truth is bitter as they say

Comment

By the way Agra u still didnt answer my one simple question.

How come all agencies and websites reporting castesim in India are credible. While all the agencies and websites reporting of racism in China biased and F**** @@#$#34 as u will put it.

Do u change ur opinion to suit your purpose??

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                            agra, you are either inclined to twist the context for the sake of argument or ignorant enough to not understand the context and subtelety of discussion at hand. in either case let me enlighten you.
                            i never compared casteism to the discrimination in china. the point i was making was in response to ur argument that how come dalits are protesting their state of affairs if the government of india is taking active interest in their upliftment.
                            i asked u a very valid question in return. how come the chinese farmers whose lot is so bright as per u, are protesting so much?
                            instead of giving a straightforward answer, you show how verbose you can be

and yes i am in US sitting in an ivory tower but i was not born here. i worked my way through 28 yrs of ground level education / experience in india and i understand the realities of my country at least a million times better than u sitting in another ivory tower and speaking from ur lil knowledge based on internet

i definitely agree that the UN is much credible an agency than BBC or CNN or wikepedia. so is amnesty internation if u will....look what they have to say about china...

"Repression of spiritual and religious groups

Members of unofficial spiritual or religious groups, including some Qi Gong groups and unregistered Christian groups, continued to be arbitrarily detained, tortured and ill-treated."

It is pretty clear to me that you belong to a country where the government is involved in institutionalised racism, discrimination and cultural genocide. in that context you preaching what racism means to india is laughable to say the least

if u consider this china bashing so be it. truth is bitter as they say
                            Neo, you are trying to deflect the focus away from the topic of indians being racist by making counter accusations against China. And do not pretend to enlighten others.

Whatever the problems China is suffering, eg farmers protesting, religious discrimination (?, I doubt it) do not change the fact that India is a racist society based on caste. Refer to the universal belief that discrimination based on descent constitutes racism. (Neo's Wrath is building up)

It is one thing to have high-sounding laws and beautiful policies, it is another to translate them into practice. What's worse, you are condescendingly admonishing those underpriviledged to get their own act right rather than blaming the popular prejudice and discrimination against them for their lot.

Caste discrimination is racism and is a disgrace to those hyporatic Indians who claim themselves the moral high ground. (Neo seeing red stars...)

By the way Agra u still didnt answer my one simple question.

How come all agencies and websites reporting castesim in India are credible. While all the agencies and websites reporting of racism in China biased and F**** @@#$#34 as u will put it.

I neither claimed nor believe that all agencies or websites reporting castesim in India or China are credible.

China is a totalitarian regime vis a vis India's democracy. It does not pretend to be morally superior to India. However, what a sham democracy India is where an entire classe is down trodden in practice if not in law. I feel sympathy for Dalits. It pains me to read atrocities comitted against them with impunity.

India can learn one thing or two from China by starting with SEZs, and should try to correct the impression that Indians only talk the walk but not walk the talk.

I can see Neo jumping and pounding at the keyboard.

More dirt, perhaps filth this time as Neo has no qualm in stooping very low...

Comment

(Neo's Wrath is building up)
                              (Neo seeing red stars...)
                              I can see Neo jumping and pounding at the keyboard.
                              Hey man are u hallucinating. We dont know what neo is seeing but u have certainly started getting nightmares of Neo. Its a phenomenon that occurs during mental stress. A person starts seeing someone whos not present before him. I will advise you to see a psychiatrist. Its a genuine advise. No offence.

I neither claimed nor believe that all agencies or websites reporting castesim in India or China are credible.
                              Who are u kidding. You gave links of websites claiming indian to be a racist country. And according to you they were credible sources. And whenever we give u a link u say its a biased website. So answer my simple question. Do u change ur opinion to suit ur purpose??

China is a totalitarian regime vis a vis India's democracy. It does not pretend to be morally superior to India.
                              Ha. That was a joke of the year. You didnt accept that china is a racist country at all. And on the contrary we accepted that there are stray incidents of casteism in india here and there. So whos pretending to be morally superior .

However, what a sham democracy India is where an entire classe is down trodden in practice if not in law. I feel sympathy for Dalits. It pains me to read atrocities comitted against them with impunity.
                              You are repeating yourself again and again. Why dont u instead argue with facts and figures. Is there a rule in China that u cant argue logically??

India can learn one thing or two from China by starting with SEZs, and should try to correct the impression that Indians only talk the walk but not walk the talk.
                              Hey man. Sometimes u say why ru bringing china in the discussion. And again u go around defending China. Why ru trying to defend it then. Make up u r mind first. You want to discuss china or not in this topic.

To sum it up for u.

1) stop hallucinating. Neo is not there in front of u. And u cant see him. You need to realise this fact quickly.

2) Take a break for a while and think whether u change ur opinion to suit ur purpose or not.

3) When u claim yourself to be morally superior you do not blame others for it. So get ur facts right.

4) Make up ur mind whether u want to discuss only China or both India and China.

Hopefully we will get to know the answers of these simple questions from u in the next thread. Or will u again post a meaningless 200 words paragraph repeating yourself like a parrot without giving any logics??
                              Last edited by rohit khaitan; 03-28-2007, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Who are u kidding. You gave links of websites claiming indian to be a racist country. And according to you they were credible sources. And whenever we give u a link u say its a biased website. So answer my simple question. Do u change ur opinion to suit ur purpose??
                                The UN link I gave about India's compliance with Convention against racism is a credible source. You overstretched yourself by claiming that ALL links are credible.

Ha. That was a joke of the year. You didnt accept that china is a racist country at all. And on the contrary we accepted that there are stray incidents of casteism in india here and there. So whos pretending to be morally superior .
                                You are being very modest by describing rampant caste discrimination, if not oppression, as stray incidents in India. [/quote]
                                You are repeating yourself again and again. Why dont u instead argue with facts and figures. Is there a rule in China that u cant argue logically??
                                I am still waiting for a convincing reply from you guys to the UN recommendations to Indian government on combating racism.

Hey man. Sometimes u say why ru bringing china in the discussion. And again u go around defending China. Why ru trying to defend it then. Make up u r mind first. You want to discuss china or not in this topic.
                                It is Neo who threw up dirt on China at the sight of my reply in disregard of the topic of the thread. Blame Neo for that. Let's focus on the topic of this thread: Are Indians racist?

To sum it up for u.

1) stop hallucinating. Neo is not there in front of u. And u cant see him. You need to realise this fact quickly.

2) Take a break for a while and think whether u change ur opinion to suit ur purpose or not.

3) When u claim yourself to be morally superior you do not blame others for it. So get ur facts right.

4) Make up ur mind whether u want to discuss only China or both India and China.

Hopefully we will get to know the answers of these simple questions from u in the next thread. Or will u again post a meaningless 200 words paragraph repeating yourself like a parrot without giving any logics??
                                Are you alright?

Comment

Working...
                                X