India's Religous Books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India's Religous Books?

Jews follow the Torah, Christians follow the Bible, and Muslims follow the Quran. What religous books do Sikhs follow? How about Hindus? Finally, what about Budhists. Is there a Bible-like book or something similar in those 3 Indian origin religions?

It's Bhagvat Gita for Hindus

Comment

yes gold is right the main religious book is the Bhagvat Gita allthough the Hindus have alot of scriptures and literatures which in themselves provide alot of information and things which provide guidance in life.
      IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
      IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Comment

sikhs

The hindus sure have the bhagwad gita..sikhs have guru granth sahib as their "BIBLE"..not very sure about buddhists though

Comment

Of Course, the Bhagavat-Gita is one of the most important books in indian religion. But it is only a little part of the huge Mahabharata. The two epics Ramayana and Mahabharata are also very important. I think the stories of Shri Rama and Shri Krishna which are told in these epics take a bigger part in people's life than the philosophy of the Bhagavad-Gita.
          Further we mustn't forget all the other books of the Puranas or the four Vedas. What is usually called "hinduism" contains a huge number of religious scriptures of different kinds.

And what about buddhism? I don't know it exactly, but the Pali-canon takes of course an important part in buddhistic religion.

Comment

buddhism

after the death of BUDDHA all his teaching were collected in three volumes

known as tripitak

Comment

Working...
            X