Srinagar-Jammu highway closed after snowfall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Srinagar-Jammu highway closed after snowfall

Srinagar-Jammu national highway was closed on Thursday after fresh snowfall in Bannihal and Patnitop sectors of the over 300-kilometre long road in Jammu and Kashmir.

"Fresh snowfall has occurred during the night in Bannihal and Patnitop sectors of Srinagar-Jammu national highway.
    "Keeping passengers safety and road conditions in view, the highway has been closed today (Thursday) morning for all sorts of vehicular traffic.
    "Intending passengers are advised not to undertake the journey before contacting traffic police control rooms in Srinagar and Jammu.
    "Snow clearance operations will be started today (Thursday) after the snowfall stops in these sectors of the road.

Rail services between Bannihal town in Jammu and Baramulla in North Kashmir were also suspended on Thursday morning due to snowfall. Railway officials said the services would resume after the tracks were cleared later in the day.

Oh My god Too Cold
    But its common in that area and i think no provision is taken for this by the Govt.

Comment

The Jammu-Srinagar highway was closed again on Wednesday due to heavy snowfall. "We face major problems due to snow. There are frequent power cuts. The roads get blocked. It's also very difficult to access water," said a Srinagar resident.

Comment

Jammu-Srinagar National Highway reopened after three days due to snowfall.
        Last edited by Sonam rajput; 01-09-2014, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Srinagar: Srinagar-Jammu national highway was closed today after fresh snowfall in Bannihal and Patnitop sectors of the over 300-kilometre long road in Jammu and Kashmir..................

Comment

I know that the people have to face many problems by this snowfall.But the scene of J&K is looking awesome.

Comment

Working...
            X