Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Superstition the reason supressing an Indian's progress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Superstition the reason supressing an Indian's progress?

In the centuries that passed and birthed the concept of God deviated into beliefs in superstitions that kills the self-confidence of man. I am not an atheist. I dont say that believing in God is a senseless thing to do. On the contrary I say that believing in God helps keep up morality. But Superstition is what i am totally against. I have seen that most of the South Indians, specially the people of Tamil Nadu have lately started to believe in weird superstitions and superstitous beliefs that have all of a sudden boomed up, i wonder from where : superstitions and superstitious beliefs that never existed before in our olden days. I would say that the superstitious beliefs of the olden days did have some meaning in them. But the one sthat have propped up now are absolutely stupid! I think its because of the soap operas people watch that has effected such a thing.

What I understnad is superstitious beliefs as external factors that have to be brought to the understanding of people who are weak and have no self-confidence. This external factor is a model of the 'confidence' that they feel they have lost. The model will only remind them that they do have a brain. But pity on them, they don't. This model is for people who have forgotten to believe in themselves. Such people are those who believe in failure and loss. They are just lazy to find logical reasons and ways to maneuvre out of the loss and failure. They just resolve to fate and thus seek fantasy. They are the kind of people who need to be 'told' by someone else in employment of some foreign and external factor to 'do' something (pariharam) so that things change for the better. What these people dont understand is that the person influencing them to do is only taking advantage of their weakness and just bringing their confidence back by promising them that doing so will make things right, where the influencer is only playing with the weak psyche of the affected. Carrying out that particular task wont' bring luck or change things. The inner self starts to believe then, that doing so will change things. The fact is whether it is done or not, once the mind starts to focus on change for the better, it does change. It is their foolishness to think that just because they carried out that particular task, things have changed for them. They think that it is a magical spirit and divine spirit that has brought about the change. They are blind and they deny to accept their personal confidence that they have indirectly built in themselves. In short, they admit to the world that they have no sense of logic in them and just deny to realize their potency. Only through an external factor, belief is stored in them. They admit, thus to the world that they are proven senseless who need a third party and external element to realize something that is there in them already.

People who believes in supersttious beliefs and practices is always at risk and loss. The person who knows the weakness of such believers, exploit them and make very good money. They just aggravate their stupidity and millions fall for such exploitation. They blindly follow the verdict of the exploiter. A simple example is the nameologists who give a change of name, and say write your name 100 times a day, write 'my name is ... i will be succcessfull hereafter' and 100 times everyday and things will change for the better. If you are able to read between lines, you would have understood what i am trying to say. The imposition of writing the name and such a sentences only takes the concept of success into the dull heads of the people. Just like a child is made to memorise his lessons by writing it a couple of times. But a child who has ood concentration and determination does not need such a thing. Another example is meeting an adtrologer to determine one's own fate. A person goes to an astrologer and tells him, 'i feel there is something bad that is going to happen. Can you please help me'. The astrologer by now knows the weakness of the person who has approached him. He asks some favourable questions to the person affected and the person tells all his woes, and the astrologer uses them for himself. The affected person does not realize that his weakness has been used and the astrologer has only frightened him more by aggravating his weakness. He just gives some counsels and says- 'to avoid such mishaps, i suggests you pray to God and don't eat or drink anything 4 times a week for 47 or 53 weeks. and things will change for the better.' It seems so weird and i wonder if the person realized that 47 or 53 weeks almost round up to a year? Which means that alost half a year they starve? Will a person ever be healthy after such a fasting for over a year?

When will people change? Whe will they come to their senses? Why then has man been given 6 senses instead of 5 unlike animals? Is there any sense in possessing the 6th sense if one believes in superstitions and seuperstitious beliefs and practices? When will people believe in themselves, their will and their hard work to succeed and come up in lives? Is this the reason why India does not develop much despite so much of advancements?
    Last edited by Guest; 10-28-2005, 01:46 PM.

Originally posted by sugarloaf_n_spice
    In the centuries that passed and birthed the concept of God deviated into beliefs in superstitions that kills the self-confidence of man. I am not an atheist. I dont say that believing in God is a senseless thing to do. On the contrary I say that believing in God helps keep up morality. But Superstition is what i am totally against. I have seen that most of the South Indians, specially the people of Tamil Nadu have lately started to believe in weird superstitions and superstitous beliefs that have all of a sudden boomed up, i wonder from where : superstitions and superstitious beliefs that never existed before in our olden days. I would say that the superstitious beliefs of the olden days did have some meaning in them. But the one sthat have propped up now are absolutely stupid! I think its because of the soap operas people watch that has effected such a thing.

What I understnad is superstitious beliefs as external factors that have to be brought to the understanding of people who are weak and have no self-confidence. This external factor is a model of the 'confidence' that they feel they have lost. The model will only remind them that they do have a brain. But pity on them, they don't. This model is for people who have forgotten to believe in themselves. Such people are those who believe in failure and loss. They are just lazy to find logical reasons and ways to maneuvre out of the loss and failure. They just resolve to fate and thus seek fantasy. They are the kind of people who need to be 'told' by someone else in employment of some foreign and external factor to 'do' something (pariharam) so that things change for the better. What these people dont understand is that the person influencing them to do is only taking advantage of their weakness and just bringing their confidence back by promising them that doing so will make things right, where the influencer is only playing with the weak psyche of the affected. Carrying out that particular task wont' bring luck or change things. The inner self starts to believe then, that doing so will change things. The fact is whether it is done or not, once the mind starts to focus on change for the better, it does change. It is their foolishness to think that just because they carried out that particular task, things have changed for them. They think that it is a magical spirit and divine spirit that has brought about the change. They are blind and they deny to accept their personal confidence that they have indirectly built in themselves. In short, they admit to the world that they have no sense of logic in them and just deny to realize their potency. Only through an external factor, belief is stored in them. They admit, thus to the world that they are proven senseless who need a third party and external element to realize something that is there in them already.

People who believes in supersttious beliefs and practices is always at risk and loss. The person who knows the weakness of such believers, exploit them and make very good money. They just aggravate their stupidity and millions fall for such exploitation. They blindly follow the verdict of the exploiter. A simple example is the nameologists who give a change of name, and say write your name 100 times a day, write 'my name is ... i will be succcessfull hereafter' and 100 times everyday and things will change for the better. If you are able to read between lines, you would have understood what i am trying to say. The imposition of writing the name and such a sentences only takes the concept of success into the dull heads of the people. Just like a child is made to memorise his lessons by writing it a couple of times. But a child who has ood concentration and determination does not need such a thing. Another example is meeting an adtrologer to determine one's own fate. A person goes to an astrologer and tells him, 'i feel there is something bad that is going to happen. Can you please help me'. The astrologer by now knows the weakness of the person who has approached him. He asks some favourable questions to the person affected and the person tells all his woes, and the astrologer uses them for himself. The affected person does not realize that his weakness has been used and the astrologer has only frightened him more by aggravating his weakness. He just gives some counsels and says- 'to avoid such mishaps, i suggests you pray to God and don't eat or drink anything 4 times a week for 47 or 53 weeks. and things will change for the better.' It seems so weird and i wonder if the person realized that 47 or 53 weeks almost round up to a year? Which means that alost half a year they starve? Will a person ever be healthy after such a fasting for over a year?

When will people change? Whe will they come to their senses? Why then has man been given 6 senses instead of 5 unlike animals? Is there any sense in possessing the 6th sense if one believes in superstitions and seuperstitious beliefs and practices? When will people believe in themselves, their will and their hard work to succeed and come up in lives? Is this the reason why India does not develop much despite so much of advancements?

Actually your overgeneralizing India way too much. India is a country of many many different beliefs and different people. Hinduism itself is a very diverse religion. But the truth of the matter is that Hinduism is in fact the most advanced of all belief systems on Earth. Ask any astronomer and they will tell you how much the Vedas, Uphanshids, ect. predicted the nature of the universe so well. Yes Hinduism does have mythology within, what region in the world does not have any to go along with? Although Christians may not accept Dante's Inferno it still is a very big part of Christian mythology.

Hinduism is shaped on mythology, rather mythology is shaped in Hinduism. At the fundemental levels of Hinduism it teaches to search for the truth and to pursue knowledge of this realm. This is not understood by many people, mainly ignorant folk that know nothing about India or Hinduism.

Comment

Working...
    X