Donīt marry for a passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donīt marry for a passport

I have been known this chute guy for some time. Heīs a singer in the principal street of my home city. Handsome, young, brilliant. People stand in crowds around him when he sings. Heīs Latino, from one of the poorest countries of the world: Bolivia.

We have been chatting every now and then and I bought his cds, just for supporting him and his group. They are all illegal. They escaped their country for going in search of a better life in Europe and in particular for making a little money to send to their families - parents and many brothers and sisters - back in their country.

Recently my friend, who is not even a close friend but just someone I have met several times and with whom I share sympathy, recently, he told me that the police has stopped him and the others. They will have to pay a penalty for being here without having proper papers.

He is 19. Iīm 30. His only chance to stay in Europe is marriage. He could also find a job but that would mean for him that he needs to return to his country first and return upon receiving an invitation by an enterprise who would have to pay his ticket etc. It would be so complicated that itīs impossible.

He asked me to help him and get married, just for one year. After that heīd have a permanent visa that he could renew by doing some business. His situation would be solved, his familyīs, too.

But me? - We are living in a machist world. Any employer would ask me about my marriage. Maybe they wouldnīt employ me thinking that I am anyways having a husband and that eventually I would be having a baby.
    Later, after the divorce, which evidently we would have to carry out, Iīd continue my whole life stigmatized as a "divorced" woman, just for having done the favor to my friend.

I think all this is too much. It is not good to do.
    What is your opinion?

Best,
    Devi

Just before a dream is fulfilled, the Sould of the World decides to test everything that was learned on the journey.
    "The Alchemist", by Paulo Coelho

I never do: none of my wives had passports of any kind,but they all had oodles and oodles of money.

Comment

haha that is a good one, baboons in the night

Comment

Devi, how did he get there in the first place? Couldn't any of the contacts he had, who got him into the country, help him out? Why would he ask you, a stranger?

Comment

Devi, have u tried looking for someone else who would agree to that type of marriage?

Comment

Working...
          X