Social media classes for ministries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social media classes for ministries

Government officials are headed back to school. The information and broadcasting (I&B) ministry will hold a training session next week for over 35 ministries and departments to prepare them for social media.Top government honchos like cabinet secretary Ajit Seth are likely to speak at the session to give departments a crash course on importance of communication, perception management and use of social media.

The ministry has taken charge of social media hub with I&B minister Prakash Javadekar writing to all ministries seeking their cooperation. So far 39 ministries have responded including sports and youth affairs, women and child development, health, panchayati raj, petroleum, chemicals and fertilizers and drinking water and sanitation among others appointing nodal officers.

The I&B ministry will train the nodal officers and assist ministries in creating a social media platform, response management system, cover important events and organize events like Twitter conference and Google Hangout.
Working...
X