Pakistan skipper warns India against complacency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakistan skipper warns India against complacency

Inzamam-ul-Haq has sent out warning signals to the Indian camp ahead of the tour, saying that his team should not be underestimated. He admitted that they were a young and inexperienced side, but they had the same spirit and determination to do well as previous Pakistani teams.
    Before he left for India to act in a commercial, Inzamam spoke his thoughts on Pakistan's chances in India in an interview. "It is going to be a tough tour for us," a local newspaper reported him as saying, "and we know our people have a lot of expectations from us when we play India. We will be going to India with a mindset we can beat them at home. I don't want to make predictions about the series. But I know this much we have a good young side who are learning to play as a team and that would be our key to success in India."
    He admitted that one of Pakistan's problems during the tour of Australia had been an inability to sustain pressure. It was a mistake that Pakistan would attempt to avoid against India. We can't afford it against India. If we have the advantage we have to maintain it till the result is in our favour.
    Skipper praised his team by saying, " My team has a lion's heart and that's what you require to excel in countries like India. We have also managed to find some positives in defeats in Australia which will help us in India."
Working...
X