India Former PM Narasimha Rao passes away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India Former PM Narasimha Rao passes away

India Former PM Narasimha Rao passed away.Former Prime Minister P V Narasimha Rao passed away in New Delhi today afternoon. He was 83.
    Rao died of cardiac arrest at about 2.40 pm (IST). He is survived by three sons and five daughters.
    Rao had been admitted to AIIMS on December 9 and had undergone surgery to install a pacemaker.
    Both Houses of Parliament were adjourned sine die following the leader's death.
    IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
    IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Narasimha Rao was one of the most discussed PMs of India.
    He is the father of Indian Economic reforms. When he took charge, India was in such a cash strapped situation that we have to pawn our gold to outer world. Our foreign reserve was only $200m, sufficient for couple of months only. From that situation, now after 14 years, we are financial donor to 11 coutries, partner with IMF and our foreign reserve is almost $1b.

But on the other hand, he was pleagued with scandals, chargesheets and scams.

But finally, he survived from all the troubles. I guess he will go into the History as "The great Survivor".

Comment

Working...
    X