Who can tell me what it is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who can tell me what it is.

Actually I've experienced some kind of Indian cuisine here in China, but this is someone I can't name it, like

who can tell me its name in English and Hindi.
    it is quite popular in china, u can enjoy it in most hotels.

thanks

that's tandori roti with paneer i guess.

Comment

I think you guessed it right.
      Megrisoft Team Member
      Search India

Comment

according to the pronunciation given in Chinese, it sounds like "Ja ba di", well is it?

Comment

Well I cannot say what you are saying is the name because we in India call is roti and paneer.Paneer is cottage cheese and roti is made of wheat flour.
          IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
          IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Comment

Originally posted by nameeta
            Well I cannot say what you are saying is the name because we in India call is roti and paneer.Paneer is cottage cheese and roti is made of wheat flour.
            on thanks, its a name in Hindi, right?
            better to post some other pics here,

Indian cook making it in a Chinese hotel,

Comment

Nice pictures,this shows tat in China Indian food is famous.
              Megrisoft Team Member
              Search India

Comment

I searched "roti" via google image, it seems that there are many kinds of roti, and the one I gave just just one of them?
                and here I often eat Banana-flavor, is there Banana-flavor in India, and is it ur daily diet?
                thanks

Comment

There are many kinds of rotis,but in India the most common rotis are made from wheat-flour.
                  In Punjab there is a culture of eating makki ki roti with sarson ka saag.
                  Have a look:

Megrisoft Team Member
                  Search India

Comment

There are various kinds of roti.
                    the one you showed is tandoori roti.

seems like Indian and Chinese food rule the world. They actuallly do.

and are there seriously Indian cooks in China. Like how did they get there and when?

Comment

these banana flavoured roti is not popular in India(guys correct me if i am wrong).

I have seen here in Thailand some Indian imigrants making and selling these banana flavoured roti on the streets, the Thais love it and they think it is standard Indian food.
                      IMHO it is the asian adaptation.

The major ingredients for this roti is sugar, banana, condensed milk and then flour.

It tastes very very sweet unlike the actual Indian roti.

on a side note an indonesian after watching some indian films asks me "Do all indians sing and dance all the time?"

Comment

yes i have eaten it. but i haven' t brought them from any shops as these are ideas that just pop up after we get bored of the usual food. i eat them at night some times.

as for the indians singing and dancing, that shows that we are cheerful people. i think that person must have seen some old films. those are awful i agree. i don't know but i feel that the songs is the time when a person can rush of to the washroom or buy more popcorn and stuff. that is also a reason to fill up the time don't u think. when i see a movie [hindi or tamil], i watch the songs that are only the best or other wise forward them.
                        miqsh
                        EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING

Comment

WEll actually some songs in older movies are really good believe me or not. If you hear it wihtout being biased then you will like it. I like many of those. I only don't like classical songs that much. Songs in 60's were the best of the olden times. Bad was 80's, 70's and 50's.

Comment

Working...
                          X