Pravin pronounced guilty in Pramod Mahajan murder case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pravin pronounced guilty in Pramod Mahajan murder case

Mumbai, Dec 17: Mumbai Sessions Court on Monday found Pravin Mahajan guilty of murdering his brother and senior BJP leader Pramod Mahajan. The verdict, which holds Pravin guilty on both counts of murder and intention to kill, was announced after eight months of tumultuous trial. The quantum of sentence would be pronounced tomorrow.

Dressed in a white pyjama accepted Pravin calmly accepted the verdict. While being led out of the court he waved at the courts and said, “For the last ten days I have been hearing the dictation of the judgement. I am not surprised.”

However, his wife Sarangi broke down on hearing the judgement, while her brother revealed that they will approach the High Court.

Earlier in the day, when he was brought from the Arthur Road Jail to the court complex he said, “The verdict has been decided, and I have nothing to say.”

The court went with the prosecution demand that he be tried under Sections 302 (murder) and 449 (house trespass) of the Indian Penal Code.

Elaborating on the verdict, prosecution lawyer Ujjwal Nikam revealed that the testimony of Pramod’s wife Rekha Mahajan and their servant Mahesh Wankhede, who were at the scene of crime, was accepted as prima facie evidence. Nikam elaborated that Maharsahtra’s ex-deputy CM Gopinath Munde had also testified in the court and said that Parmod had given him a dying declaration indicting Pravin in the case...Read More...
    Jennifer
Working...
X