Broad band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broad band

How do you go about assessing the quality of a broad band internet provider?

Please list the parameters one should check.
    Who would you recommend?

TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Auhtority Of India) has mandated that an internet service above 256 kbps (kilobits per second) would be considered as broadband only. So obviously look for that kind of service.

Then you should check for consistency in speed, clear terms and conditions laid out before you take the connection, watch out that they are not hiding any details from you, how is their uptime (how frequently and for how long does the connection go down( and how is their customer support/service/care.

Broadband in India is nascent and the decent/good ones are present in few areas and the pathetic ones seem to be omnipresent.

I have heard Airtel broadband is good, BSNL DataOne is good and Reliance Broadband is good (still testing in very few places). I'd advice you to stay away from Sify if you have the above 3 as choices (if you have them as choices you'd surely have Sify too to choose from) since I use Sify since it's the only one present where I live and it frustrates me to no end.

Comment

Working...
    X