No announcement yet.

Relevance of religion in today world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am not talking about the requirements of religion. I am talking about the needs of human society.

Do we humans need religion at all??

Comment

Rohit you might be right. THen why the hell do you make a big deal out of religion if you think we don't need religions. why do you go insulting other religions.

whatever u do it seems that religion is very important for u to argue.

Comment

exactly i even told my genuine reasons for my idea on mumbai bombings- whether they were justified or not. stilll he doen't understand
        miqsh
        EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING

Comment

Rohit We human being need Religion..., Don't consider you and me there are many people in this world, up til now they had not found their own god, so for them religion should be there.
          "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Say that U don’t need a religion…… It’s ur opinion.
            But they r some people who need it and belief that they can’t live without it….. and other people belief that they don’t need any religion to follow …so this is their opinion and they are free…

U can make a questionnaire and give it to many people from different religions , so u can get enough idea about others thoughts and they may lead u to think more and help u to make ur own idea without asking someone else about his beliefs and thoughts….

If u don’t understand me , please mail me………if u need of course

Comment

Originally posted by rohit khaitan
              i am not talking about the requirements of religion. I am talking about the needs of human society.

Do we humans need religion at all??
              I can not say but a lot of time and money is being wasted in the name of faith. If people have that much money why do not they spend it in public services, that would have been much better.

It is the same people who are not happy to give even a single paisa to a man who has worked hard for them. But take the name of God they will just open the purse.

Otherwise in the older time it was part of daily life to serve the man kind. Some times it is seen in villages even now that Water is placed in an earthern pot by some religious people to be used by commuters on a hot sunny day in India. It is in cities now that we have forgotten basic religious teachings.

I am not able to understand why it happens.
              Last edited by Puneet Sood; 12-06-2006, 05:30 PM.
              Don’t worry, Be happy

Comment

i dont have the guts to live in the world without d belief in my protector?

wat if an asteroid lands on top of my head from space..wat if a truck just rams into me in d road...i feel insecure if i believe dat all dat happens randomly...
                I think all atheists are brave people,to live soo..im not that bravee.

And all religious practises....i dislike....
                Last edited by mowgli2986; 12-19-2006, 12:42 PM.
                m0\ / \ /gli

Comment

Hi Guys,

Come back with very very important video recently release to understand threat of Islam to world

________
                  CN250
                  Last edited by kamal_1212; 01-27-2011, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by miqsh
                    exactly i even told my genuine reasons for my idea on mumbai bombings- whether they were justified or not. stilll he doen't understand

Hey guys i was out of action for quiet some time.

Sorry mishq, dont remember what u said. It was not is this thread i believe. And how s mumbai bombings connected to this thread??? Mind repeating yourself?

And can u or anybody justify it?? i am amazed.

Comment

Originally posted by sunilkumar
                      Rohit We human being need Religion..., Don't consider you and me there are many people in this world, up til now they had not found their own god, so for them religion should be there.
                      Dont know what u mean. pls elaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by indian lady
                        Say that U don’t need a religion…… It’s ur opinion.
                        But they r some people who need it and belief that they can’t live without it….. and other people belief that they don’t need any religion to follow …so this is their opinion and they are free…
                        Well i am not telling anyone that he should not follow any religion. I am just asking the reason as to why people follow any religion. And yes there are religious leaders who say if u dont follow my religion u will go to hell.

If u believe in something there has to be a reason for it. And it should not be just because others in your community are doing it.

Originally posted by indian lady
                        U can make a questionnaire and give it to many people from different religions , so u can get enough idea about others thoughts and they may lead u to think more and help u to make ur own idea without asking someone else about his beliefs and thoughts….

If u don’t understand me , please mail me………if u need of course
                        And I didnt like the idea of questionaire. This forum is to discuss topics. And I have a choice to discuss any topic. And of course you may not answer if u dont like any particular question. Its that simple.

And yes i am trying to think in more ways. And thats exactly the reason why i am asking the question. So ur view on the topic is welcome. I will prefer this open forum though instead of a mail. Everyone can judge here.

Comment

Originally posted by Puneet Sood
                          I can not say but a lot of time and money is being wasted in the name of faith. If people have that much money why do not they spend it in public services, that would have been much better.

It is the same people who are not happy to give even a single paisa to a man who has worked hard for them. But take the name of God they will just open the purse.

Otherwise in the older time it was part of daily life to serve the man kind. Some times it is seen in villages even now that Water is placed in an earthern pot by some religious people to be used by commuters on a hot sunny day in India. It is in cities now that we have forgotten basic religious teachings.

I am not able to understand why it happens.

Exactly puneet. Thats the question i want to raise. Why do we have to do it for religion. Why not for fellow human beings?

People pour in lacs of rupees in tirupati balaji or jama masjid or some catholic church. But the same people dont give a penny to the needy. Nobody cares to provide for a child whos begging on the street. Why???

Comment

Originally posted by kamal_1212
                            Hi Guys,

Come back with very very important video recently release to understand threat of Islam to world

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...pe+islam&hl=en

This is not a thread on islam. so post ur hatred on some other thread.

Comment

Working...
                            X